ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

11 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Who the f**k s Mourinho. :hiding:

He was that swarve arrogant bloke that breezed into Chelsea as a champion back in 2004, and made us champions, with a little help from Roman, the Mourinho of today  is a bitter grey haired old man, whose desperate to make himself relevant still, back at Chelsea there exciting young team is being lead by a  new young  intelligent manager.

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

He was that swarve arrogant bloke that breezed into Chelsea as a champion back in 2004, and made us champions, with a little help from Roman, the Mourinho of today  is a bitter grey haired old man, whose desperate to make himself relevant still, back at Chelsea there exciting young team is being lead by a  new young  intelligent manager.

Not long ago my friend said this to me.

"The young confident Mourinho of 2004 would rip the sh*t out of the bitter version of the present day and take great amusement while doing it"

Never a truer word spoken.

9 hours ago, Argo said:

Not long ago my friend said this to me.

"The young confident Mourinho of 2004 would rip the sh*t out of the bitter version of the present day and take great amusement while doing it"

Never a truer word spoken.

My view is Mourinho now is what Wenger was 10 years ago. Old, dated style of football with a stubborn refusal to adapt and catch up with the modern style of play. I think this is emphasized even more due to the genuine world class coaches that are in the Premier League at the moment and how often they are adapting and evolving. 

Don't get me wrong, i love the bloke for everything he helped us achieve but he in my opinion he is done as a top level coach. United was make or break for him and he failed.

Regarding Mourinho's comments. 

I don't entirely disagree with what he is saying. It is still a young team, and as a unit, we still have plenty to prove against the top sides.  If anything it was a rather obvious opinion to give rather than it being anything radical on his part.  Losing to United twice wasn't good enough, and Frank & Co would say no different I am sure. We certainly have competed against Liverpool twice though, and could have won both games. 

The fact that we are even being compared to the top sides speaks volumes about what Frank & Jody have done in such a short space of time though; at the start of the season there was talk of us being mid-table. Top 6 was a dream, top 4 was unimaginable. 

I do feel that Jose praised Frank through gritted teeth somewhat.  The once 'Chelsea man' has never seemed more disconnected from the club as a whole in my opinion. Is is sad to see in a way, but he very much chose this path when he went to United and decided to go to war with Chelsea at every possible opportunity. I have said it before, but he could have at least tried to maintain his legacy as having a connection with Chelsea fans, but that has long since gone. 

As for Jody's reaction, I think he should have known better than to get drawn in to be honest. 

Jose is doing what he is currently paid to do; give his opinion.

Jose has nothing to lose, and furthermore will enjoy any sort of spat played out in the media. It will make him seem relevant, which is pretty much all he can hope for as an out of work Manager who has turned to punditry. 

We on the other hand have everything to lose; momentum, confidence, concentration, mentality. It's all been flowing very nicely, the last thing I would do is get involved with Jose over social media. Immature and unnecessary. 

Jose's comments hit the nail on the head but Jody's reaction was understandable - Jody knows the score as an ex player (negativity, or "perceived negativity" can affect morale and performance).

Edited by the special one

On 15/11/2019 at 18:43, Kev56 said:

I like it. It shows that Frank is taking steps to improve our players instead of going for the next big thing like Donarumma or Burki or whoever

26 minutes ago, Deino said:

I like it. It shows that Frank is taking steps to improve our players instead of going for the next big thing like Donarumma or Burki or whoever

We already have The Holy Trinity of goalkeepers at the club (Cech, Carlo & Hilario), sure they can help him together? I’m pretty sure Christophe Lollichon (who was basically Petr’s mentor) is still working at the club in some capacity too. 

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

We already have The Holy Trinity of goalkeepers at the club (Cech, Carlo & Hilario), sure they can help him together? I’m pretty sure Christophe Lollichon (who was basically Petr’s mentor) is still working at the club in some capacity too. 

If the three of them combined and Kepa still made some errors, probably it is time to have a fresh look from a different perspective.

6 minutes ago, Deino said:

If the three of them combined and Kepa still made some errors, probably it is time to have a fresh look from a different perspective.

I was surprised to learn Shay Given is 6'1", I always assumed he was shorter and Kepa has a similar frame - as you say a different perspective

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Cech is involved with player personnel decisions & Carlo is working with the youth. Hilario is working with Kepa. Super Frank knows what he is doing & is getting some help at GK.

3 hours ago, robdog said:

Cech is involved with player personnel decisions & Carlo is working with the youth. Hilario is working with Kepa. Super Frank knows what he is doing & is getting some help at GK.

Great but surely they can find time to work with our £71mil investment or together to help improve him as a keeper? 

I’m a Chef being paid to cook food but that doesn’t stop me helping out the Kitchen Porter with the dishes...

BTW Christophe Lollichon is head of goalkeeping apparently, you missed him from your list :wink:

Great but surely they can find time to work with our £71mil investment or together to help improve him as a keeper? 

I’m a Chef being paid to cook food but that doesn’t stop me helping out the Kitchen Porter with the dishes...
BTW Christophe Lollichon is head of goalkeeping apparently, you missed him from your list :wink:
No because I have faith in Super Frank

The thing is, regarding the big games of the top 6, if we had played Spurs, Arsenal or United in the league recently I'm very confident we would've beaten them. United beat us in a game that was the best time to play us, not only that they got outplayed and the scoreline flattered them big time. The Cup game again, they got outplayed, scored two set pieces and played a team full of our kids, they fielded their full strength side with the exception of a GK, LB and Lingard in the middle, we had an 18 year old at CB and an 18 year old in midfield, and an 18 year old on the wing. 

If we lose to City the narrative will now be Frank bottles it against top sides, not really fair in my opinion. I think it's clear as day we would beat Spurs and Arsenal right now for sure, but known our luck we will play both of those teams when they recover form. 

14 hours ago, the special one said:

Jose's comments hit the nail on the head but Jody's reaction was understandable - Jody knows the score as an ex player (negativity, or "perceived negativity" can affect morale and performance).

I think him and Jody have some personal beef. Wasn't Jose in 2005 saying that youth is pointless, get rid of it? To Mr Abramovich. Then almost every player Jody rated and schooled he knew Mourinho would've even give them a sniff in the first team. 

Professionally Jody should have kept his mouth shut, but it's not a big deal, tongue and cheek maybe? One thing for sure though, he better hope we beat City now. 

9 hours ago, Slojo said:

The thing is, regarding the big games of the top 6, if we had played Spurs, Arsenal or United in the league recently I'm very confident we would've beaten them. United beat us in a game that was the best time to play us, not only that they got outplayed and the scoreline flattered them big time. The Cup game again, they got outplayed, scored two set pieces and played a team full of our kids, they fielded their full strength side with the exception of a GK, LB and Lingard in the middle, we had an 18 year old at CB and an 18 year old in midfield, and an 18 year old on the wing. 

If we lose to City the narrative will now be Frank bottles it against top sides, not really fair in my opinion. I think it's clear as day we would beat Spurs and Arsenal right now for sure, but known our luck we will play both of those teams when they recover form. 

First thing to do is create consistency against teams worse than you. Then worry about the teams around you. Bottom 12 teams, win home and away, that's 72 points. That's champions league.

The rest often is a lottery and it's unlikely we will always face the other 7 teams on their best days. We should have beaten Leicester, we could have drawn against Liverpool. But I am sure we will take 4 from arsenal and Tottenham and 3 from united this season. 

That's how we need to think about the season. Especially this one. 

On 16/11/2019 at 19:18, Munkworth said:

You don't help the KPs with anything.  Anytime dishes need doing, you're off out the back having a fag or in the bogs posting inanities in here on a dodgy wifi.

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

You don't help the KPs with anything.  Anytime dishes need doing, you're off out the back having a fag or in the bogs posting inanities in here on a dodgy wifi.

I don’t smoke and I’m currently posting on my lunch break :wink:

On 12/11/2019 at 08:17, EdinburghBlue said:

Anyone kidding themselves on that Jose Mourinho is a ‘chelsea man’ is living in cloud cuckoo land. Jose is and always will be a ‘Jose Mourinho man’. His “dream job” was the United job which he’d even stated. 

I would just like to highlight the above again. Is he f**k a chelsea man. Hope him and spurs get relegated. Going from attacking football under Poch to the defensive counter attacking of Mourinho will be a wake up call for Spurs fans. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I would just like to highlight the above again. Is he f**k a chelsea man. Hope him and spurs get relegated. Going from attacking football under Poch to the defensive counter attacking of Mourinho will be a wake up call for Spurs fans. 

It's not joining Spurs that's the deal breaker for me (Cudicini did the same yet is still loved by all Chelsea fans) it's the fact he hasn't shown us any respect since joining United.

And let's not be mistaken, he's only going to get worse, he will 100% turn against Lampard if/when he get the better of him.

Edited by Argo

1 hour ago, Argo said:

It's not joining Spurs that's the deal breaker for me (Cudicini did the same yet is still loved by all Chelsea fans) it's the fact he hasn't shown us any respect since joining United.

And let's not be mistaken, he's only going to get worse, he will 100% turn against Lampard if/when he get the better of him.

Sky sports breaking news..... "Spurs in talks with Nemanja Matic and Maurian Fellani as Jose Mourinho revamps his spurs squad in January, mean while back in West London Frank Lampards exciting young Chelsea team go from strength to strength" this is gonna be comedy gold over the coming months, Levy and the bitter one, absolute carnage, Kane to United in summer nailed on

Edited by chi blue

41 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Sky sports breaking news..... "Spurs in talks with Nemanja Matic and Maurian Fellani as Jose Mourinho revamps his spurs squad in January, mean while back in West London Frank Lampards exciting young Chelsea team go from strength to strength" this is gonna be comedy gold over the coming months, Levy and the bitter one, absolute carnage, Kane to United in summer nailed on

I saw a headline claiming Jose to get £200m war chest, I was thinking was this before or after Kane had gone. 

6 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I saw a headline claiming Jose to get £200m war chest, I was thinking was this before or after Kane had gone. 

They'll sell Kane in January and bring in the 38 year old Ibrahimovic ... 🙂

If we didn't appreciate Being Chelsea supporters and having Frank as our manager and Roman as owner then the events at that grubby little location in North London over the last 24 hours should reiterate how blessed we are. Carefree