ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

I’m getting ahead of myself but I’m really hoping Lampard becomes a long term manager!

Mourinho, Conte, Sarri came to an end due to problems with the board. I can’t ever imagine Lampard fighting with the board, no chance that could happen. As long as he does a good job, he could be here for a long time. Fingers crossed.

Sorted out our manager situation 10 days quicker this season, may not seem like much, but it’s an important point as now we can hit the ground running with the preseason.

Woke up expecting to see Frank announcement but it still feels like chrimbo & my birthday rolled into 1 ! Just watched his presser good stuff - already more class on show than a few of his predecessors ever showed (especially the last bloke)

Really looking forward to the season now !!

Straight off to Ireland tomorrow for the beginning of pre-season. 

Based on the press conference sounds like Frank will use the first couple of matches and the time to assess which of the younger players will stick around for the season and which will be sent out on loan. 

I wanted Sarri to stay, and was very skeptical about the hiring of Frank this early in his managerial career...but I'd be lying if I said this didn't give me the warm fuzzies.

He is here now, and it feels good, and needless to say through my natural pessimism, I am very excited and offer my full support to our returning hero.

5 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Zola out =/

Brilliant player. 

Absolute gentleman. 

Bang average coach. 

I've nothing but love and respect for Franco but he's not shown much ability at coaching and it's quite telling that as soon as Steve Clarke stopped being his assistant he's massively struggled everywhere he's gone. 

19 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Brilliant player. 

Absolute gentleman. 

Bang average coach. 

I've nothing but love and respect for Franco but he's not shown much ability at coaching and it's quite telling that as soon as Steve Clarke stopped being his assistant he's massively struggled everywhere he's gone. 

He looked like Sarri's translator more than anything to the first team last season, love the guy but like you said he's not a big loss to the coaching staff.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

Had a tear in my eye when it was announced that Frank was taking over as head coach. Others here have said it, but it feels like the Chelsea they've grown up loving and supporting is back loud and proud.

Frank personifies Chelsea through and through. He understands the club, its traditions and the way we operate. That's why I have the utmost faith he'll be a success here. It's going to be bumpy road along the way, but the journey is going to be fun to watch and one that every supporter will be emotionally invested in.

Frank's appointment has an element of risk to it, but for any romantic out there it's a risk worth taking and one that I hope pays off and paves the way for a new and strong era for the club.

Absolutely buzzing at the moment and I haven't stopped grinning since the announcement. Can't wait for the season to commence.

Edited by Jezz

What I liked about his press conference was how he discussed his work ethic we know he has in abundance. He also discussed that Cech, Maka etc are not there because of being Chelsea old boys but because they have a strong work ethic. 

At times last season, it did feel that the players were putting their all in. I hope that Lampard can get the squad competitive again and push players to be their best. 

9 minutes ago, JM7 said:

What I liked about his press conference was how he discussed his work ethic we know he has in abundance. He also discussed that Cech, Maka etc are not there because of being Chelsea old boys but because they have a strong work ethic. 

At times last season, it did feel that the players were putting their all in. I hope that Lampard can get the squad competitive again and push players to be their best. 

Did he confirm Maka is part of the team? That's brilliant if so but haven't seen official confirmation of that.

I wouldn't be nervous about the fans getting him sacked. The board were willing to stick with Sarri, but he wanted out. Obviously didn't love his project or the club enough to stay. Most people will understand that Frank is going to be in an incredibly challenging, unique situation and will be making the best of it. I actually think it's a very smart move by the club given the transfer embargo. Which experienced manager would want to come in under the circumstances? Who else knows the existing crop of players better?

6 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

I'm sure JT is well happy for Frank, but there must be a little part of him thinking 'Grrrr you bastard!'

It's Jose's thoughts that would interege me. It must be truly killing him that he's a free agent and we overlooked him for one of his ex players who's never managed a top flight game.

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's Jose's thoughts that would interege me. It must be truly killing him that he's a free agent and we overlooked him for one of his ex players who's never managed a top flight game.

I can't imagine he expected to be asked a third time. He might even be pleased for Lampard.

Really happy for the opportunity for Frank. Legend at the club and would love to see him have incredible success. Great person and representative of Chelsea. 

I sense his approach will be more similar to Klopp at LFC, not as worried about big name signings every year but coaching up who we have to the best of their ability and play as a team. Plus playing for the badge on the kit. He also appears he will look to develop more youth than just demand to buy players. Shame on Sarri for never attending a youth match.

Time will tell if he is successful. It’s a big job and loads of stress. I could not wish anyone more success than Super Frank.

Welcome Home!

Come on you Chelsea!!

5 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I can't imagine he expected to be asked a third time. He might even be pleased for Lampard.

Idk, he got sour with Lamps when he scored for City. For years he had a massive superiority complex when it came to Chelsea (I imagine that's  why he reacted so badly when we won the league while he was at United) I can't imagine this sitting particularly well with his ego atall.