Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

I am very happy but it is funny how one goalkeeper error changes the whole narrative of the match for people lol. We still f**ked up against sh*tty Everton & Southampton and we were an absolute dross in the first half. We won because of Jorginho and not because of Lamps.

It's probably best that you keep a low profile for a bit while you contemplate the concept of vicissitude.

18 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

I am very happy but it is funny how one goalkeeper error changes the whole narrative of the match for people lol. We still f**ked up against sh*tty Everton & Southampton and we were an absolute dross in the first half. We won because of Jorginho and not because of Lamps.

And Lampard was the one that made the decision to bring them on. He got his team wrong to be begin with, but he corrected it and it won us the game in the end. The guy you want to take Lampard's place has made many mistakes too. 

Big big win for Lamps. We were atrocious in that first 30 minutes and I really feared for us. Lampard got everything right from then on. First of all taking Emerson off, going to 4 at the back and bringing on Jorginho, and we wrestled back control. Then, second half, we were really on the front foot, making life uncomfortable for them. He takes Tomori off and brings on Lamptey, which really worked, and then Callum for Kovacic which really surprised me but worked as well. For the first time we've come back having gone behind and that was down to the manager's decisions. We win and the mood is buoyant and confidence is high again, whereas a loss would have been devastating for our fragile mindset. Big big win and Lamps would have learned a lot about his players today.

7 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Everybody is entitled to his opinion. 
The main thing is: LONDON IS BLUE!!

22nd Dec

Zayn: 

Super Frank totally schooled him and Mourinho couldn‘t do fxxk against it, he just watched on and the break didn‘t change it. Son is a clear red and the Spurs fans again showed why they are the low-life scum everybody knows. Loving the Jose meltdown and so happy about Frank‘s calm reaction. Mou just can‘t take it that he got fxxked by Lampard. So happy to have Lampard at the helm and no toxic and sore loser. Long may it last. 

Lampard has shown what he is capable of. How can anybody dislike this lad?

29th Dec

Zayn: Sack Lampard and get Simeone in

Absolute whopper

I believe Frank and Jody learned alot against Arsenal, as we all did.

For me 4-2-3-1 is the way to go and Jorginho is absolutely fundamental in this squad, not only his passing, interceptions etc but his leadership skills which none of other players possess. 

Kepa

James - Rudi - Zouma - Azpi

Jorginho - Kovacic/Kante

Willian - Mount - Pulisic/CHO

Abraham 

This is our best team and system for this group of players I think.

When defending we revert to 4-4-1-1 attacking 4-2-3-1

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Your point is that Frankie may fail. But that has nothing to do with him being a former player. It's just the way it is.

No no no. Let me try and explain again. Forget about footballers for a second. I accept maybe that was misleading. The focus is really on the manager side of the equation - it’s extremely hard for ANYONE to succeed as a manager for a sustained period of time, INCLUDING former players. It’s just arithmetic really: 11 players in a top team but just one manager.

My initial point was that the conversion ratio of *influential* footballers into successful managers is low. What I meant by that is there have been more influential players over the years that we thought were destined to achieve big things in management (id cite Vialli and Gary Neville as a couple of examples but there are many more) than ones that actually made it. Because - again, it’s very competitive, limited spaces, tough arithmetic, etc. Obviously more footballers will make it in football management than: flight attendants, electricians, doctors, lawyers, accountants, bankers (oh wait:)...?).

As for Lampard, I think he has as good a chance as any former footballer of making it to the top of management. But it’s still a very tall order. I thought Vialli had It all and could become a truly great manager and was hence somewhat disappointed that he didn’t. I’m really just managing my expectations here, but still keeping the faith with Lampard as I have said many times now elsewhere on the forum. 

Clear?

Edited by Dean

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

No no no. Let me try and explain again. Forget about footballers for a second. I accept maybe that was misleading. The focus is really on the manager side of the equation - it’s extremely hard for ANYONE to succeed as a manager for a sustained period of time, INCLUDING former players. It’s just arithmetic really: 11 players in a top team but just one manager.

My initial point was that the conversion ratio of *influential* footballers into successful managers is low. What I meant by that is there have been more influential players over the years that we thought were destined to achieve big things in management (id cite Vialli and Gary Neville as a couple of examples but there are many more) than ones that actually made it. Because - again, it’s very competitive, limited spaces, tough arithmetic, etc. When I said there was a low conversion ratio I didn’t mean the ratio was higher for other lines of work. Obviously more footballers will make it in football management than: flight attendants, electricians, doctors, lawyers, accountants, bankers (oh wait:)...?).

As for Lampard, I think he has as good a chance as any former footballer of making it to the top of management. But it’s still a very tall order. I thought Vialli had It all and could become a truly great manager and was hence somewhat disappointed that he didn’t. I’m really just managing my expectations here, but still keeping the faith with Lampard as I have said many times now elsewhere on the forum. 

Clear?

Clear.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Noticed we had more invention in our corners today, Azpi flicks on from the front post and Zouma unlucky to not score at the far post and then Mount and Willian combining at the short corner to give Mount a shooting chance.

Better and they need to be.

The front post corner is what happens 99% of the time, doesnt change because someone actually got to it for once :laugh2::laugh2: