Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Considering your condescending sh*te amytime anyone dared criticise Sarri this just makes you look a hypocriitcal bellend. 

More than a few who would have torn Sarri's head off for similar decisions Frank is making atm. 

We'll give him time and not expect him to be a Jose or Conte immediately but some of the hypocrisy is a little silly.

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

We have to give him time next year this time is a good gauge of where we are

Agreed. Lamp deserves a full season or two under his belt.

Just very frustrating to keep loosing points late in the games, or giving up easy games.

15 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

More than a few who would have torn Sarri's head off for similar decisions Frank is making atm. 

We'll give him time and not expect him to be a Jose or Conte immediately but some of the hypocrisy is a little silly.

The difference is that Lampard doesn't have the same quality and choices that previous managers had, that is why people are going to give him a chance. They all had Hazard and transfer windows to buy players that suit their tactics, Lampard doesn't have that and we are still competing for 4th. Put Sarri, Conte and Mourinho in Lampard's position right now and we wouldn't even be competing for 4th. Sarri only got 4th because of Hazard and the rest of the teams around us f**king up. Conte would have bitched and whined because he can't make any signings. And we all seen what happened to Mourinho in his last season with us and without Hazard performing well.

If Lampard had all of the luxuries they had, then I think we would have had 4th sealed this season.

Edited by Scott Harris
52 minutes ago, abister1 said:

Just a mediocre manager which all you needed to make the conclusion was a look at his record as Derby manager. Nothing special and the team to concede the most goals from dominant positions in a game. A lot of hot air blown to match his supposed intelligence and just the right amount of complementary arrogance as demonstrated with his Bielsa farce. 

Lampard is one season and a half into his managerial career, it's way too early to brand him mediocre. Some decisions worked very well and brought us wins against clubs we hate losing against. Other decisions were questionable and cost us points. All this while coping with the departure of our best player and a transfer ban. How about some patience?

No idea why any so-called "Bielsa farce" should be relevant here.

Edited by Valerie
Just now, Argo said:

I knew the repeated vow last summer of patience if we appointed Lampard and played academy players was bullsh*t.

I can't understand why some are calling for his head. Most predicted 5th or 6th, we are currently 4th. So what do these fans really want?

With the transfer ban, injuries, and our best player leaving, I'm surprised that we have managed to hold on to 4th for so long.

11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I can't understand why some are calling for his head. Most predicted 5th or 6th, we are currently 4th. So what do these fans really want?

With the transfer ban, injuries, and our best player leaving, I'm surprised that we have managed to hold on to 4th for so long.

I have tried to deny this to myself for so long but we have a ridiculously impatient fanbase. 

I think the fact prime Mourinho got us success by clicking his fingers is actually working against us in the present day, it's given the lasting impression success should be instant everytime when that's just not realistic.

Had Klopp come in and had the first two years at Liverpool he did with us, the "f**k gegenpress" chanting would have been unleashed within a year.

28 minutes ago, Argo said:

I knew the repeated vow last summer of patience if we appointed Lampard and played academy players was bullsh*t.

It's no surprise is it, we have some moronic petulant fans with ridiculous demands, I think we all really expected to see the cockwombles losing there minds the second we had a dodgy patch of results. We are currently doing pretty much exactly what everyone expected and even hoped pre season, if not slightly better. All while integrating several young players and a nes young manager. But it doesnt stop the cockwombles crying and whining unfortunately. 

Some players are not good subs. Bad mentally or bat rhythm, I don't know but it's been proven - Wllian, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi. They either start or they don't play. Shouldn't come off the bench, simple as that. 

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's no surprise is it, we have some moronic petulant fans with ridiculous demands, I think we all really expected to see the cockwombles losing there minds the second we had a dodgy patch of results. We are currently doing pretty much exactly what everyone expected and even hoped pre season, if not slightly better. All while integrating several young players and a nes young manager. But it doesnt stop the cockwombles crying and whining unfortunately. 

Scary thing is this is probably the most relaxed platform. Other places I've read things like Lampard is looking clueless across the board. Like outplaying Ajax, that performance Vs Watford, outsmarting Mourinho and going toe to toe with City and Liverpool (forcing the latter to play park the bus for a whole half) never happened.

Edited by Argo
1 hour ago, abister1 said:

Just a mediocre manager which all you needed to make the conclusion was a look at his record as Derby manager. Nothing special and the team to concede the most goals from dominant positions in a game. A lot of hot air blown to match his supposed intelligence and just the right amount of complementary arrogance as demonstrated with his Bielsa farce. 

The Sarri cult still lives on?... Either that or your still pissed from last night! 

I have tried to deny this to myself for so long but we have a ridiculously impatient fanbase. 
I think the fact prime Mourinho got us success by clicking his fingers is actually working against us in the present day, it's given the lasting impression success should be instant everytime when that's just not realistic.
Had Klopp come in and had the first two years at Liverpool he did with us, the "f**k gegenpress" chanting would have been unleashed within a year.

I made this statement several times over the last few years and I was blasted for it, we have some "I want it now generation" a " swipe right or left" some generation of fans and they seem to be the loudest on social media which then gets fed into mainstream media
49 minutes ago, Argo said:

In truth its pretty much everywhere though nowadays. Watford seem to have a manager each month. This constant changing is ridiculous in a system where there are still transfers for big money, so we constantly end up left with players from previous regimes that cannot be used or moved on.

Frank's got a serious weakness, and that's obvious, at this point in the year I think we'd have 10 points more with Sarri - Sarri was great against bottom half table teams. Frank's 4-2-3-1 with Mount in the middle is terrible against lower half teams, Mount plays with fire in his belly but no technique, he just doesn't open things up. Willian has always struggled to against lower sides as he needs room to run... but Frank constantly starts both together in tighter to allow overlapping backs. This doesn't suit either.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Scary thing is this is probably the most relaxed platform. Other places I've read things like Lampard is looking clueless across the board. Like outplaying Ajax, that performance Vs Watford, outsmarting Mourinho and going toe to toe with City and Liverpool (forcing the latter to play park the bus for a whole half) never happened.

TalkChelsea is awful, I bet they're already screaming Lampard Out. 

9 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

Frank's got a serious weakness, and that's obvious, at this point in the year I think we'd have 10 points more with Sarri - Sarri was great against bottom half table teams. Frank's 4-2-3-1 with Mount in the middle is terrible against lower half teams, Mount plays with fire in his belly but no technique, he just doesn't open things up. Willian has always struggled to against lower sides as he needs room to run... but Frank constantly starts both together in tighter to allow overlapping backs. This doesn't suit either.

I think we would be worse off with Sarri, he was reluctant to play youth, I seriously doubt he would've given the likes of Tomori, James or Mount a chance, we would be playing with Luiz/Christensen at the back for the majority of the season, Pedro and Giroud would probably be playing more, not a given Tammy would've been given the opportunities either. 

Mount isn't ready for his role. I'm all for seeing him less. Think we'd be better off as a team seeing Pedro more, but it seems that ship has sailed. Starting to get sick of Willian throwing a fit when Abraham shoots and doesn't score.

Sarri didn't really rate Christensen or Giroud, so I don't think that's an issue.

I don't think it's fair to say if he was reluctant or not to use youth after 1 year. His priority last year was getting a system down. He integrated CHO and RLC into it.

I do think it's fair to question if Abraham would have gotten the chance. But I still argue take last years team, and swap Pulisici/Abraham for Hazard/Morata, and we are better this year with Pulisic/Abraham.

While Sarri was criticized for being stubborn, I see Frank being stubborn about the Willian / Mount combo - and it's obvious the work poorly in Franks system against bottom half teams, Mount offers nothing against bottom table teams. His technique is poor and his vision is poor, he does well pressing against teams better than us.

5 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

While Sarri was criticized for being stubborn, I see Frank being stubborn about the Willian / Mount combo - and it's obvious the work poorly in Franks system against bottom half teams, Mount offers nothing against bottom table teams. His technique is poor and his vision is poor, he does well pressing against teams better than us.

I don't follow football outside the EPL and would be interested tt know how Sarri is faring at the Old Lady, are they taking to his methods?

I do see Juve and Inter moving away from the rest though.