ForeverCarefree

Super Frank Lampard *Officially our Manager*

Frankies words are honey in my ears. Such a level headed intelligent man who is willing to dirty his hands and will take nothing for granted. Everything he says makes me feel good. 

This doesn't mean we will take the Prem by storm or even make 3rd place. It means he knows where we are and where we should aim. 

I really hope he is given all the time he needs. He himself knows what the expectation with the club is. 

I think we will see a semi-pragmatic, entertaining and quick Chelsea under him. There will be no one system or A or B. There will be a Chelsea that wants to win with pacy football. Frank is so marinated with Chelsea's winning mentality I can't see anything else. The pace part is just something you need to have in the Prem. I think Frank is Klopp rather than Pep in his approach. 

I am so happy he is back. Lets enjoy! 

What a first interview, he is obviously a highly intelligent man, he understands and reads the game to a higher level that almost anyone who has played and that’s invaluable to this job.

I was especially heartened by the way he spoke about his staff, their qualifications fit the job and their close relationship.

I really feel and hope this is the long term one we have been craving, a lot of mangers were players but not too plsyers, and the ones that were top and didn’t succeed I don’t think are in the same football intellect bracket as Frank.

This feels more like the appointment of zidan, when you’re a player of such superior understanding of the game and have a big character and the support of the fans, it’s a recipe for success, Franks not the type to fold or lose his composure. 

Is it early yes, would a few more years of experience been better sure, but I think he believes and we should that he can be a success, and as fans we have to make it clear we demand the club support him and stick with him.

Is there normally a preseason thread? 

I think we roughly have an idea of the defence and midfield, I think we have options and quality what no one asked frank and I doubt he would have answered, is where are the goals coming from, for me that’s the make or break of the season. 

For all the talk of lack of managerial experience there's one aspect Lampard is in tune with more than anyone we've had manage us in the Roman era (including Jose) and that's the unique pressure and scrutiny of what being associated to Chelsea brings. As much as i liked Sarri he really, really underestimated that aspect of this club when he first arrived.

It's not as simple as he knows the club (if it was that basic we could have just appointed any of the old guard) but i feel a lot of the time under Roman managers had no real experience of the external pressure's of managing Chelsea (Sarri, AVB and to an extent Conte especially) which led to choppy waters whereas Lampard will have no illusions about what's to come on that score something he as good as pointed out in his press conference.

Also I've said this a few times but the academy is our golden ticket, we had a quiet season by our standards previously but in the 10's we have been so dominant at that level to an extent not seen since the Busby Babes and we really need to start promoting the cream of that crop and hopefully translate such dominance to first team level, Frank happens to have one of the best qualified for our academy starlets in our coaching setup.

The reality is Liverpool and especially City are probably going to be too strong for the next 2 years, we will try to catch them Lampard won't accept nothing less but reality is it's unlikely so lets turn this negative into a positive, build our next generation and make sure we are the one's to pounce when their current cycles slow down a bit.

4 hours ago, Jezz said:

Had a tear in my eye when it was announced that Frank was taking over as head coach. Others here have said it, but it feels like the Chelsea they've grown up loving and supporting is back loud and proud.

Frank personifies Chelsea through and through. He understands the club, its traditions and the way we operate. That's why I have the utmost faith he'll be a success here. It's going to be bumpy road along the way, but the journey is going to be fun to watch and one that every supporter will be emotionally invested in.

Frank's appointment has an element of risk to it, but for any romantic out there it's a risk worth taking and one that I hope pays off and paves the way for a new and strong era for the club.

Absolutely buzzing at the moment and I haven't stopped grinning since the announcement. Can't wait for the season to commence.

Been going to bridge since early 80's, John Neal will always be a hero manager to me for creating the mid 80's side that is so iconic to the over 40's, appointing Hoddle and Guilltt was exciting, and Jose coming in the first time was certainly interesting when he announced he was the special one, but I've never looked forward to a manager joining and the start of season like this.

Other clubs have their new flashy stadiums and are signing big stars, we have the bridge that is looking a little tired and dated and can't sign anyone, but the buzz today reminds me of a turning point the club had back in the summer of 1983. I reckon it's gonna be fun, if anyone is going to ignite and unite our support it's Frank. UTC 

I hope it goes well for Frank. I think the club have given him this opportunity at a time when trying to get a seasoned manager could be difficult. I also think they are trying to get us supporters back on side with how the last couple of years have been on and off the field. I agree with @chi blue about the feeling of 83/84 and also looking forward to 84/85 season after promotion. 

I personally won’t the club to finally stick with a manager and get an identity and playing style so we don’t end up with a massive squad of expensive players out on loan,  wasting wages and taking up FFP budget on players like Morata Bakayoko etc. 

Apart from the appointment of the club's legend as our new manager, I am genuinely happy to see all fans united again in full support of Frank. One big blue family - like a Christmas get together and all squabbles are bygones. Cant wait for the season kick-off.

Can't wait for the season to start now - there'll be ups and downs but this appointment brings the fans together and creates a huge wave of goodwill that'll resonate throughout the club. Just the lift we need going into a difficult season.

Good luck Frank, I know you'll give it everything. 

I know that everyone here is a little bit sceptical of how this will all work out. I myself am fairly positive and although it’s going to be difficult for him I think we will be a better club because of his presence.

Has anyone heard anything positive from any other team supporters? All I’ve heard all day, is people saying, he’s not got the experience, he’s too young, they’re the wrong club for a young manager, and wait for this one, he’s taken on a poison chalice. WTF.

f**k them all. We are Chelsea, Franks our man and we will go from strength to strength.

5 minutes ago, goose said:

I know that everyone here is a little bit sceptical of how this will all work out. I myself am fairly positive and although it’s going to be difficult for him I think we will be a better club because of his presence.

Has anyone heard anything positive from any other team supporters? All I’ve heard all day, is people saying, he’s not got the experience, he’s too young, they’re the wrong club for a young manager, and wait for this one, he’s taken on a poison chalice. WTF.

f**k them all. We are Chelsea, Franks our man and we will go from strength to strength.

This season we don't need to do any silverware robberies anyway, part from making a new team and making sure that our younger players establish themselves there is no pressure on Frankie.

Pat Nevin's take. Similar to my view. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Frankly the Derby record was pretty average, but  many great achievers in life have had difficult times. I was recently reading Ray Dalio's autobiography and he ended up making uS$14 bn but still had some terrible times along the way. It takes a lot to laugh but it takes a train to cry.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48766393

8 hours ago, chi blue said:

Been going to bridge since early 80's, John Neal will always be a hero manager to me for creating the mid 80's side that is so iconic to the over 40's, appointing Hoddle and Guilltt was exciting, and Jose coming in the first time was certainly interesting when he announced he was the special one, but I've never looked forward to a manager joining and the start of season like this.

Other clubs have their new flashy stadiums and are signing big stars, we have the bridge that is looking a little tired and dated and can't sign anyone, but the buzz today reminds me of a turning point the club had back in the summer of 1983. I reckon it's gonna be fun, if anyone is going to ignite and unite our support it's Frank. UTC 

Good shout mate.

6 hours ago, goose said:

As i and many other Chelsea fans say 'f**k em all'

Very Happy to see Frank back home and of course Jody .

It's Chelsea , we all know it's going to be a rollercoaster ride of highs and lows lets hope there are more highs than lows .

Fingers crossed the internet "fans ? " allow a team and ethos to be built and mature .

If Roman gets to fulfill his aim of creating a dynasty and legacy at Chelsea where we have past present and future full of Chelsea blood at the heart and every level of the club now is the time.

Does he have enough experience ? have a look at the managers at club and international level he has played under ....I don't think for one second he hasn't studied and worked out the best and worst of each manager and used these times to bring together his own methods . He knows how important the DNA of a dressing room is and how to create a winning team.

Exciting times , I can't wait for the journey to begin  

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, goose said:

It's not so much to do with Lampard but it's once again the coach has been let down. We do not have a goal scorer which is the most obvious standout for me. Even when we didn't have a striker last season, we had Hazard. 

I honestly don't know who will even score goals. Hazard is gone so can't rely on him for goals. Its just a massive task for Lampard without the sufficient help. 

Edited by enigma

7 hours ago, goose said:

It’s understandable, we’d be saying the same if they hired Gerrard. (Even though Frank is smarter.)

17 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Backroom staff confirmed as Jody Morris, Chris Jones joining from Derby and Joe Edwards along with Eddie Newton moving into coaching roles with the first team. 

We've had such cosmopolitan coaching staff for such a long time now it's almost strange to think the core of the coaching team is going to be British this year. 

Good opportunities all round for young British coaches at Chelsea with Frank's appointment.   

Who was the last permanent British manager at Chelsea? Obviously we had people like Holland in for a game or two as interim.

Hoddle in the 90's?

On a positive note, Frank, Jody and Edwards coming in is going to be massive for the likes of Tammy and Mount who likely wouldn't have got a serious look in under another manager.

RLC and CHO would likely have featured under any manager due to their reputation but a new Italian manager coming in wouldn't look twice at a couple of youth players tearing apart the Championship.

With our options up top i see no reason why Tammy can't be leading the line next season. Gonna be more difficult for Mount as he's got Kovacic and Barkley that can challenge him for a spot until RLC is back.