Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Now i played a bit and understand football tactics pretty bloody well, how many times did it take for Lamps to spot, playing so high, that ball from luiz predominantly over the top to Auba or Maitland-Niles, must have been 5 or 6 times, everyone watching knew if Aubameyang got it right, no one was catching him or stopping him.
reminded me of that Arsenal game under Villas-Boas where RVP destroyed our back line and our high press, lamps sets the tactics??

i think it was pretty simple the tactical plan from Lamps... Zouma who was supposed to be our covering defender decided to vacate his positions and follow lacazate.. for starters he shouldnt have.. that was what Jorginho should have been doing.. instead he was even further up the pitch ... trying to press higher.. and start a press..  which made it very easy for Auba to curve the run... to make matters worse he was also the last man in defense so couldnt foul.. in the second half with AC didnt do that since he has played in a back 3 as center defender and made better decisions.. But then we had Rudi who made an absolute blunder to give them the second..

3 minutes ago, Jangz said:

i think it was pretty simple the tactical plan from Lamps... Zouma who was supposed to be our covering defender decided to vacate his positions and follow lacazate.. for starters he shouldnt have.. that was what Jorginho should have been doing.. instead he was even further up the pitch ... trying to press higher.. and start a press..  which made it very easy for Auba to curve the run... to make matters worse he was also the last man in defense so couldnt foul.. in the second half with AC didnt do that since he has played in a back 3 as center defender and made better decisions.. But then we had Rudi who made an absolute blunder to give them the second..

Yep, that's how I saw it, Zouma was sitting of Aubameyang ready to pick him running into channels, unfortunately he was easily dragged out by the other arsenal front players and kept letting Aubameyang run on, same with rudiger on the other side. 

5 minutes ago, pamery said:

TBH it's embarrassing how oblivious Chelsea fans are to managerial faults just because it's Lampard (and Morris). What I can't understand is why the owner puts up with it. The quality of football is now as bad as during the Porterfield/Webb era. Clueless.

are you for real or just a joke.. no manager wanted to touch us..... SFL took a risk with his reputation knowing fully well that trolls like you are waiting for any opportunity..  instead of playing pedro, willian, Giroud, Jorginho , kovacic, Azpi every day of the week and finishing 10th he gave us new options in Mount, Abraham, Reece.. and against all  odds finish 4th..  as for the football we

the only one clueless here is you.

9 minutes ago, pamery said:

TBH it's embarrassing how oblivious Chelsea fans are to managerial faults just because it's Lampard (and Morris). What I can't understand is why the owner puts up with it. The quality of football is now as bad as during the Porterfield/Webb era. Clueless.

Mate its a forum, your views as valid as anyone, like i said in my previous post Frank there to be Praised/Slated whatever

For next season I think we'd need to breeze through group stages of ucl (provided we don't get something like Juventus/Barca etc) and comfortable top 4 (making sure we're not 33 points below), reducing our total goals conceded to at the very least 43 or so -- or at the very least not be so below our xG conceded, and making the (semi-)final of the fa cup/LC. We're gonna have the best transfer window of our (maybe) entire history and the world for the next seasn, we can't find the same f**kups we've seen. 

Edited by MANoWAR

He has a mountain of work to do. Picking the lads confidence back, squad integration, talent acquisition, defensive coaching restructuring and team building. 

Not envious of his workload but I wish him the best. Next season is still a write off for me. His 3rd season is the clincher for me. This season is the beginning of a rebuilding process and next season is the transition year.

Frank Lampard faces wait to find out whether he will be allowed to rebuild Chelsea defence

With Chelsea pushing ahead with a bid to sign Kai Havertz, Lampard will have to create space in his squad to sign defensive recruits

Personally, I can only see him signing a left back, keeper and Havertz this summer. There’s isn’t enough time and defenders may have to wait. 

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Without signing a LB our transfer window is a total failure regardless of Havertz. The very minimum of this transfer window is to buy a proper LB so that Azpilicueta and James rotate on the RB position.

Werner, Ziyech, Havertz and you’re calling the window a failure. 

12 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Werner, Ziyech, Havertz and you’re calling the window a failure. 

Without a proper LB we can't compete. We are the only top team that plays a natural RB on the left side and he'll be 31 soon enough. Werner and Ziyech are great signings and so is Havertz but long overdue, even if we fail to bring a new keeper I would understand but I can't understand not signing a new LB, Tagliafico is not at all expensive.

If the board doesn't sign a new LB for Lampard it won't look good to me, if they are backing him that shouldn't be a question. Otherwise what they are showing is that they basically waited till the very moment when Willian and Pedro are leaving to bring in some new players and they will do the same when it comes to Alonso and Emerson and I simply can't believe in that.

Edited by Gol15

Keeper > left back. If we can't get both we can live with Emerson and Alonso. Frank just has to put faith in Emerson and let him have a run of games with 4 at back. He is an Italy international.

Keeper role is way more crucial. With a tall stable keeper who can control the box and we concede 10-20 goals less.

Anyway I hope we can get both.

You also have to understand that if we score more (Ziyech, Werner and maybe Havertz) we can live with a more shotty defence. You don't win titles like that but entertainment is certain. [emoji16]

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/frank-lampard-steps-up-ben-chilwell-bid-with-defensive-clear-out-20qbd7q2t

The Times and The Telegraph pretty much reporting the same thing today. Lampard wants to overhaul Chelseas's defence.

No surprises there. Some telling quotes as well like “Some of the clear individual errors can’t be there if you want to keep moving forward.”

It's going to be very, very interesting to see what we are able to to about the goalkeeper and defence this window. Don't want to make any predictions as of now but my confidence in us attracting and signing the right players are sky high compared to how it's been the last several years. Now you finally get the sense that there is a clear plan in place for the first time in a long time.

I can't see us having a massive (by massive I actually mean expensive) overhaul of our defence after bringing in Werner, Ziyech and possibly Havertz. Add in that there seems to be a real dearth of real quality and available defenders, particularly centre backs. It's a shame Dortmund only re-signed Hummels a year ago otherwise he would have been a great and not totally unrealistic player to go for. I don't know how much he's "lost it" in the last few years but maybe an ancient and out of contract Thiago Silva would be a decent option

51 minutes ago, Sindre said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/frank-lampard-steps-up-ben-chilwell-bid-with-defensive-clear-out-20qbd7q2t

The Times and The Telegraph pretty much reporting the same thing today. Lampard wants to overhaul Chelseas's defence.

No surprises there. Some telling quotes as well like “Some of the clear individual errors can’t be there if you want to keep moving forward.”

It's going to be very, very interesting to see what we are able to to about the goalkeeper and defence this window. Don't want to make any predictions as of now but my confidence in us attracting and signing the right players are sky high compared to how it's been the last several years. Now you finally get the sense that there is a clear plan in place for the first time in a long time.

I was reading that article earlier and I've said before in this thread i think it would be a massive risk selling that many players in one window especially when our last match is more than likely going to be Saturday and we start again on the 12th September. Trying to bring that many player in at once when the teams around us will probably sign 2-3 players max could give them a big advantage.

The club now has a long term project with big Pete and frank at the club if they think that many players need to leave i really hope its over the next 3 windows. I would also like to see us going after high quality targets instead of taking the 4th-5th player on the list for that position and then introducing the youth team players into the squad like we have done this season. 

We have already signed two quality players. I think the club really likes Havertz but didn't expect to be in the running  to sign him until covid. If Havertz is signed that's 3 players signed who will probably take time to find there feet in this league. 

I think we really need a GK, left back, centre back and a holding midfielder but i would like to see this done over the next two summer windows. A commanding GK and a holding midfielder would help stop the leak of goals and give the centre backs more protection until a world class one is available. 

Any time we lose the ball in the attack, miss a good scoring opportunity, miss a crucial pass in the attacking areas we immediately become vulnerable to counter attacks. We are not good at handling them. It is the downside of the style Frank (and many top teams) have implemented.

If you just add to the quality of the defenders you can handle those CA's better and win more of those eventual one v one's. Van Dijk is probably the world's best in them as is someone like Ramos. That is one part of fixing the problem. Add quality to defense is something we need to do eventually.

With the signings of Werner, Ziyech and hopefully Havertz we potentially add so much more quality to our attacking we will be less vulnerable in giving opponents the CA opportunities. If we finish with much better quality we will win more games by outscoring and just by taking the hope out of the opponents hopefully early on in games.

We need to improve in all areas. Goalkeeper is a must and I think we can fix that this window. Someone like Onana at €30m and we are already better.

Havertz will bring goals from the midfield that we have none as of now. Kovacic, Kante or Jorginho never score.

Werner is a very quick attacker who can press the ball and finish with better quality than anyone we have.

Ziyech is a key player in this. We have zero players who can make a pin point pass behind the line or in the box. If he starts well we will score just through his brilliance. He will add a lot to our game. He is also a great presser up the field.

If we are unable to sign any defenders I think we will still improve a lot. For me it is too simplistic to say we will only improve in defense by signing better defenders

We need to sort out the GK immediately, and hopefully the LB this window, but the CB's can wait quite honestly. Rudiger might have had a torrid few months but he was great before, and the likes of Christiensen and Zouma deserve a bit more time.

No point trying to fix all the problems in one go, fix what's urgent and then see if the less immediate stuff continues to be a problem or just looked worse because of the bigger issues.

Edited by Kentonio
14 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

We better get a move on then, the new season starts in a month 😆

This is what worries me the most about mass transfers in & out when the season is literally just around the corner. I would assume frank would like all the squad together before the season starts in an ideal world.

However, I don’t believe that we’ve released a list of players who are ‘up for sale’

1. because it’s sky sports

2. it’s not really how we operate in the transfer market

3. It just happens to be all the players who have been linked with leaving the club in the media for the last year

17 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This is what worries me the most about mass transfers in & out when the season is literally just around the corner. I would assume frank would like all the squad together before the season starts in an ideal world.

However, I don’t believe that we’ve released a list of players who are ‘up for sale’

1. because it’s sky sports

2. it’s not really how we operate in the transfer market

3. It just happens to be all the players who have been linked with leaving the club in the media for the last year

It never happens does it, this kind of thing is reported for clubs but it just never actually happens. there will be 3 or 4 leave at most, maybe 1 or 2 more on loan and thats being massively optimistic.

When have this ever happened? If we end up offloading up to 10 players most of the would have never played a minute for us anyway... Anyway it is a buyers market now so it would be insane to sell all the deadwood.

I think a couple will go. Maybe up to 5 players.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

It never happens does it, this kind of thing is reported for clubs but it just never actually happens. there will be 3 or 4 leave at most, maybe 1 or 2 more on loan and thats being massively optimistic.

It's not regular but it does happen, Inter Milan since Conte's arrival a recent example.

It won't happen this summer for us because above all else we simply don't have the time, but a full summer with the board working overtime it would have been doable.

Tbf it's valid, a lot of players do need to move on, I really don't want to see Kepa, Emerson, Christensen, Rudiger, Michy here next season season for starters, and I'll be very surprised if Jorginho is here next season. Pedro is off, Willian also, and if we do get Havertz, where does Ross Barkley fit into it? It's likely we sell him off. 

You could even make a case of Alonso being sold but I can't see that happening, I doubt we'll get two new LB's in, Alonso still has his uses. 

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco changed the title to Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic