Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

COVID has let the board and Roman off massively here. Not having the fans in the stadium has made this 100 times easier for them. This would not have gone down at all well if the fans were attending games.

I dont think they care much , fans will still turn up to matches

1 minute ago, Nevamind said:

Only one of 1 of 6 signing were his apperently, but i don't really believe it. 

Wasn't it because of him we got Werner and Havertz. All the reports where Frank and Pete went to germany  to convince them was just a concession to the club from Frank?

Mendy was on Cech and likely the best option at the time. 

Ziyech was also on Lampard even tho he came half a window later. 

Chillwell he got him. 

Yes he didn't get Rice but with all the other backing i dont think you can pin this on the board. 

I dont buy it either when these players signed Lampard was touted as the reason and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have gotten them now they are not his signings

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

COVID has let the board and Roman off massively here. Not having the fans in the stadium has made this 100 times easier for them. This would not have gone down at all well if the fans were attending games.

I respect every supporter but if it was upto the average fan Jose would still be here and they'd have been no amazing season under Conte.

Well, Chelsea fans might as well give up on ever seeing Academy players progress into first team players now, give up on managerial stability based on patience and an acceptance it takes time to grow a team etc. We are now, and always will be a club based on turmoil. Lets see Tuchels first team he picks but I will be surprised if the likes of Mount, James, Abraham will get much time going forward. 

1 minute ago, Brutos said:

I dont think they care much , fans will still turn up to matches

I dont buy it either when these players signed Lampard was touted as the reason and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have gotten them now they are not his signings

You do understand Frank talking to the players to convince them to come doesnt automatically mean they were his choice, right?

I think it was naïve for anyone to believe that Frank would be a long term manager or even have sense that he should be protected because of who he is and unfortunately he was setup for failure. He may have been “promised” a certain amount of time but the way things have been going of recent it’s hard to imagine he’d last much longer. I think any manager we would have had would have been sacked at this point. I would have love to have seen him ride out the season.

I hope he does go and get some more experience for 5 or so years and come back with a lot of the same squad we have. 

5 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Only one of 1 of 6 signing were his apperently, but i don't really believe it. 

Wasn't it because of him we got Werner and Havertz. All the reports where Frank and Pete went to germany  to convince them was just a concession to the club from Frank?

Mendy was on Cech and likely the best option at the time. 

Ziyech was also on Lampard even tho he came half a window later. 

Chillwell he got him. 

Yes he didn't get Rice but with all the other backing i dont think you can pin this on the board. 

That is definitely bullsh*t, no chance only Chilwell was his signing lol.

Just now, Imran_CFC said:

I would understand if the club had someone world class lined up like Klopp & Guardiola but Tuchel just seems like a underwhelming short term fix who is not even a yes man so will basically clash with the board come the summer.

He didn't cover himself in glory during the racism row earlier this season and has already rejected us for PSG before, not exactly the glamorous appointment you dump a club legend for.

A couple of points. Who is the long term option? Can you point one from the Roman era? Chelsea sacked a the club legend player Frank, he was never a managing legend of any kind. Roman and the board is protecting the investment that is essentially the core of the club. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is how the biggest clubs in the world operate.

Frank's history will never be tainted. This is not about that. He took the job knowing he might be sacked after 6 months in the job. The idea of Frank knowing all this puts me at ease. Of course this hurts but this is how this club is run and in a whole the club is one of the best run clubs in the world. It doesn't feel humane all the time but there you go.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

You do understand Frank talking to the players to convince them to come doesnt automatically mean they were his choice, right?

So why try and convice a player to come if they are not your choice?

I  get players want to speak to managers before signing but if rumours are true he flew out to meet these guys thats a lot fo effort to sign someone not your choice.

Dreadful decision but typical of the easy way approach we've come to expect from the Roman era. 

Back to the boom or bust cycle of hiring and firing managers every 10 months and say goodbye to regular minutes for the academy lads. 

Thanks (once again) for everything Frank. Was fun whilst it lasted. 

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

I give Tuchel 2 seasons before rinse and repeat. Pathetic way to run a club. Either you stick with a long term project or leave and sell up to somebody with more patience. I'm grateful for Roman, but I don't support Abramovich. I support Chelsea FC. 

He'll be lucky to get 2 seasons. The longest serving manager in the Abramovich era is 3 years, 3 months.

Managers who lasted less than a season:

• Avram Grant
  • Luis Felipe Scolari
  • Andre Villas Boas
  • Roberto Di Matteo

Managers who lasted a single season:

• Claudio Ranieri (previously appointed by Ken Bates, so not an Abramovich appointment)
  • Maurizio Sarri (wasn't sacked, but departed the club to join Juventus)

Managers who lasted 1.5 seasons:

• Frank Lampard

Managers who lasted 2 seasons:

• Carlo Ancelotti
  • Antonio Conte

Managers who lasted 2.5 seasons:

• Jose Mourinho (2nd stint)

Managers who lasted 3+ seasons:

• Jose Mourinho (1st stint)

Id be shocked if the likes of Mount and James don't get game time. Frank established them as England internationals. 

Tuchel can't be that stupid. The only one I fear for is Tammy because of the competition he has in his place. 

10 minutes ago, coco said:

Following this club for a few years now, the most painful days so far for me 

88 v Mboro play off relegation

07 Jose sack

08 CL final

21 Lampard sack

Understand the sentiment, and good shout outs.

The 2015 Mourinho sacking broke me. After that, I really gave up emotionally investing in our managers.

12 minutes ago, abister1 said:

Oh do one please, I'm glory hunting because I prefer to see things from the perspective of the owner who ultimately to him Chelsea is a business and not a pastime or passion as it is for you? 

No, you're glory hunting because you jump on a mid-season slump and being 5 points off of a top four position as "going down the toilet".  You, and the f**king board, need to get a grip.

9 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Hey YB -long time, hope you are doing well!

I would challenge the perception that the business only relates to league position. 

70mil kepa benched

75mill Kai benched

60mill jorgi benched

40 mill  kova benched

35 mill Werner benched

Alonso missing, last seen on the team bus months ago.

All those players benched, and also playing like crap. 

I am not saying he was right or wrong to drop those players, but rightly or wrongly, from a business perspective,  perhaps the club expected Frank to have done more to protect and get the most out of these investments.

still sad of course -  but I can understand rationale.

true, but it's hardly Frank's fault that Kepa can't, Werner has turned to pish unable to even know where the goal is, Havertz is this year's Bakayoko, Jorginho turns out to be slower than the last ice age and Alonso, who nearly everyone wanted dropped has thrown a hissy-fit.  .  Only Kova is/was being treated a bit harshly, but even then a lot in here didn't want him playing.

Edited by yorkleyblue
2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Well let's hope a German can get the most out of our German players...sorry for FL but I have been saying for quite some time he was fit for Chelsea's needs...hope he finds a new job soon...Celtic fans seem keen on him...

Can you imagine, Lampard vs Gerrard once again... 

9 minutes ago, coco said:

Following this club for a few years now, the most painful days so far for me 

88 v Mboro play off relegation

Nothing was worse than that a team with Nevin, Dixon, Durie, Dorigo etc got relegated because of the most inept manager ever in Hollins. The hangover lasted well into the following season when the terraces were shut and it affected everyone players and fans. 

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Well, Chelsea fans might as well give up on ever seeing Academy players progress into first team players now, give up on managerial stability based on patience and an acceptance it takes time to grow a team etc. We are now, and always will be a club based on turmoil. Lets see Tuchels first team he picks but I will be surprised if the likes of Mount, James, Abraham will get much time going forward. 

Right, the academy 'project' went out the window at the first sign of trouble, and just as our form seems to have started to turn around. I think the names you mentioned could be alright since they're already established, but up-and-comers such as Gilmour and Anjorin might struggle.

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco changed the title to Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic