Super Frank Lampard

ForeverCarefree

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Perfectly put, I fully agree with this. We will now end up with a bloated squad of players we cant get rid off as the next manager brings in his players, and in 2 years time we will just repeat the cycle once more with no route for the young players to break through as the manager needs to keep highly paid international players happy. Lampard was our chance of breaking that cycle and instead of having some patience and belief the trigger has been pulled and we just carry on the same. 

Belief is usually placed on past experiences or ability which he sorely lacks. Not wish fulfilment fantasy. I would have liked to see Lampard given a few more games but I'm baffled as to why people didn't see this coming. The most shocking sacking to me was Carlo Ancelotti which was far worse than this. 

I thought Frank was the wrong man for the job and it came too early for him but I'm not a happy man right now. Maybe it's the way it's done, although I realize the decision was probably made some time ago and Luton result was meaningless in that respect.

Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and will come back one day more prepared for the challenges this job presents. Thank you for everything Lamps.

11 minutes ago, enigma said:

It's a joke. People tell me that we have such great business people at the club, but look at the waste of money they've spent. Is that really good business? Haha

A lot of players we wasted money on, we actually get back a big chunk of that from loans and selling them later.

There are a few cases where I cant see us getting anything remotely close to what we paid and thats Kepa and Drinkwater. Everyone else we actually stand to make a fair chunk back, even Bakayoko!

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Belief is usually placed on past experiences or ability which he sorely lacks. Not wish fulfilment fantasy. I would have liked to see Lampard given a few more games but I'm baffled as to why people didn't see this coming. The most shocking sacking to me was Carlo Ancelotti which was far worse than this. 

Where did I say I didnt see it coming?

And can you believe we are replacing him with Tuchel?

Marina have fallen out with every single manager we've had for the last seven years (bar Sarri perhaps). Tuchel has a history of falling out with the higher-ups himself so how long will it take for the inevitable to happen here? 

The Athletic are saying Lampard would have walked in this summer if it wasn't for his relationship with the club. The relationship between him and Marina must have been pretty fecking bad.

40 minutes ago, TF141 said:

One more thing, I really dont understand the people who are hating on Roman?

He is literally the reason we are the club we are today, and has done FAR more for this club than any other manager or player ever has. He deserves respect.

What's even more strange is they're  lashing out at him for methods that are proven to work.

Just now, TF141 said:

A lot of players we wasted money on, we actually get back a big chunk of that from loans and selling them later.

There are a few cases where I cant see us getting anything remotely close to what we paid and thats Kepa and Drinkwater. Everyone else we actually stand to make a fair chunk back, even Bakayoko!

We'll be stuck with Kepa for the duration of his huge contract. I highly doubt any club would even take him on loan, let alone buy him ... I suspect the transfer free plus wages is going to be the biggest waste of cash on any player in football history.

Just now, Argo said:

What's even more strange is they're  lashing out at him for methods that are proven to work.

It truly is odd, I actually dont understand it at all.

But then again only the yer das who are bashing him, and not the people with any common sense

26 minutes ago, Sindre said:

"The moment he goes on a bad run of four-five games Chelsea will decide to make a change" 

The Athletic claiming a prominent source told them that back in August. If true that's disgusting and left Lampard with no chance.

Same could be said for some of our fanbase. Read pages 183 to 194  of this thread and then fast forward 30 days. 

31 minutes ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

This is a Dark day for Chelsea Football club, Make no mistake.

The supporters i grew up among late 70's and through the 80's would'nt have stood for this.

Sometimes its not all about winning stuff, its about Morals, and this club in the modern day does'nt have any.

Shame on you

I completely agree. I'm not from London, not even English, but supporting Chelsea is not a decision I made. I support Chelsea because as a 6-year-old in 1970, when I kicked a ball with my mates, in my head I was wearing blue and called Peter! It is a visceral thing. 

In the 80s when I would get the bus to the ferry, and then the train from Holyhead, then the bus to the ground, to see us beaten 1-4 by Oxford, it was still the best day of the year just to get a chance to stand with other supporters and sing myself hoarse.

Then Abromovich arrived and everything changed. We started winning and of course I celebrated while not really liking the style of football or the ethos of the club, in particular the nastiness that Jose brought. That changed with the Champions League win, for sure the best night of my life, thanks to MIke, a kind member of this forum who got me the ticket. It felt like a victory for the club and its supporters with a decent man at the helm and a team full of legends.

When Frank was appointed it felt like we had become Chelsea again. It wouldn't have mattered to me if we finished 4th bottom this season I think we should have stood by Frank. The club would have survived, and as as a supporter for whom supporting a club is not to fulfill a vicarious desire to be a winner. my love for the club would have survived too. I am sick to my stomach this morning. This was our chance to show that the club could retain its soul. 

I just feel so sad.

So being a manager at Chelsea means win now or your sacked. There is no rebuilding, there is no buying young wonderkids for the future . There is no trying out tactics and best positions ...

I get it , if I gave my  manager millions to win and he failed I’d be upset too. I just think that with all that is going on right now he would be given a little  more time. Right???

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

Hang on, who`s "hating" on Roman exactly? I see some questioning this and being pissed at the move but no one has "hated" on Roman as far as I can see.

For those who claim he brings youth through as seen in his other managerial positions, can you back that up? Ive seen someone on another fourm say he only brought through 2 at Dortmund his entire time there, and none at PSG that became first teamers, just some squad fillers.

5 minutes ago, Liam said:

I completely agree. I'm not from London, not even English, but supporting Chelsea is not a decision I made. I support Chelsea because as a 6-year-old in 1970, when I kicked a ball with my mates, in my head I was wearing blue and called Peter! It is a visceral thing. 

In the 80s when I would get the bus to the ferry, and then the train from Holyhead, then the bus to the ground, to see us beaten 1-4 by Oxford, it was still the best day of the year just to get a chance to stand with other supporters and sing myself hoarse.

Then Abromovich arrived and everything changed. We started winning and of course I celebrated while not really liking the style of football or the ethos of the club, in particular the nastiness that Jose brought. That changed with the Champions League win, for sure the best night of my life, thanks to MIke, a kind member of this forum who got me the ticket. It felt like a victory for the club and its supporters with a decent man at the helm and a team full of legends.

When Frank was appointed it felt like we had become Chelsea again. It wouldn't have mattered to me if we finished 4th bottom this season I think we should have stood by Frank. The club would have survived, and as as a supporter for whom supporting a club is not to fulfill a vicarious desire to be a winner. my love for the club would have survived too. I am sick to my stomach this morning. This was our chance to show that the club could retain its soul. 

I just feel so sad.

100% Liam, its about Morals and Principles and at the Modern day Chelsea they dont exist. I feel your pain mate

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

For those who claim he brings youth through as seen in his other managerial positions, can you back that up? Ive seen someone on another fourm say he only brought through 2 at Dortmund his entire time there, and none at PSG that became first teamers, just some squad fillers.

It doesn't really matter though. Because if Lampard did anything during all this time that was to exactly bring the youth to the big stage, because of Lampard we have now Tammy, James, Gilmour, Mount with a bigger role and the newer young players like Pulisic and CHO have been adapting well overall while Havertz will be a huge player for us in the future as well.

8 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We'll be stuck with Kepa for the duration of his huge contract. I highly doubt any club would even take him on loan, let alone buy him ... I suspect the transfer free plus wages is going to be the biggest waste of cash on any player in football history.

Yeah thats why I said Kepa and Drinkwater are the exceptions, but other transfers we can make back almost everything we spent.

We are due another big clearout this summer, which will balance out nicely with what we spent last year. There are still plenty of players on our books that have no future at the club that we can sell

16 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

So why bring in an inexperienced coach and then not give him the chance to gain experience from a difficult period? 

Just now, Gol15 said:

It doesn't really matter though. Because if Lampard did anything during all this time that was to exactly bring the youth to the big stage, because of Lampard we have now Tammy, James, Gilmour, Mount with a bigger role and the newer young players like Pulisic and CHO have been adapting well overall while Havertz will be a huge player for us in the future as well.

Who all will be replaced by 30 year old players Tuchel knows. Yay.....

14 minutes ago, TF141 said:

Its not just about recouping your money, with FFP in place every time you make a bad signing you can't invest elsewhere or you are missing out on other potential targets. For example we managed to sign Bakayako from that Monaco team whilst City and Liverpool got Silva and Fabinho.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hang on, who`s "hating" on Roman exactly? I see some questioning this and being pissed at the move but no one has "hated" on Roman as far as I can see.

Exactly.

I think some of us are tired of the modern game. Frank in charge, it was almost like the club had soul and heart. We could relate with the manager, we will back him through tough times, with the academy players coming through, it really was a beautiful thing to watch unfold.

Now Frank has been hurled off and we get some German in, the club have suddenly become soulless, no heart again. We're a business, a machine rather than a local business who looks after its own.

I'm just really disillusioned with the club after the sacking.

3 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Its not just about recouping your money, with FFP in place every time you make a bad signing you can't invest elsewhere or you are missing out on other potential targets. For example we managed to sign Bakayako from that Monaco team whilst City and Liverpool got Silva and Fabinho.

Yeah thats fair, but that was Conte in all fairness who made some awful awful signings

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Not too much on the forum in all fairness, but there's a lot im seeing on social media

• coco changed the title to *Officially sacked* but still Super Frank Lampard
  • coco changed the title to Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic