Super Frank Lampard

ForeverCarefree

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

28 minutes ago, coco said:

The debate was, who was more trigger happy, not Bates wasn't trigger happy.

It actually started by someone saying that they miss the old chelsea before this russian lot turned up. The old chelsea wouldn't do this to Lampard. The old chelsea blah blah blah. 

I pointed out how bates did basically exactly the same to vialli. 

Then someone said how terrible it was some people was slagging off bates. Which was probably about me. 

And argo defended me so I added my opinion that Bates was trigger happy, he sacked managers. 

I don't think bates was more trigger happy, but he didn't show loyalty to managers and I think he'd have sacked Lampard. If not now, then at the end of the season. 

Edited by bisright1

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

I'd argue it's 11 managers under Roman and 9 under bates. I wouldn't count Benitez Hiddink Grant as managers. Same as I wouldn't count Rix. No one managed the club for longer than 3 years under Bates. 

But yeah I wasn't intending to slag Bates off, more that he was just as trigger happy as Roman. I imagine Bates wouldn't have had any worry about sacking Lampard. 

I was also highlighting that whilst he saved our club, if Roman hadn't bought us we would have collapsed like Leeds did. So Roman does deserve similar respect Bates gets in that regard. Funnily enough it's quite likely we end up getting bought by the Man City arabs if Roman doesn't buy us.

Thankgod, i couldn't find your initial post's on the subject after i tagged you so got paranoid i got the wrong person (hence the edit) :laugh2:

Edited by Argo

I'll never forget all the sh*t Frank got on here for playing players 'out of position' despite the fact that their versatility is one of the reasons we signed them. The fact that they haven't lived up to their hype has got nothing to do with them being played 'out of position', ie. in positions they've played in countless times before.

Tuchel's first game in charge, we've got Callum and Pulisic both playing wing-back, and the same posters who've hurled abuse at Frank all season long... Not a bloody peep outta their mouths. You couldn't make it up.

There's no point going on about it now, I'm just amazed at how eager many were to criticize Frank at every possible opportunity. Whether you think he was the right man for the job or not, there's no denying that the man who brought that spirit back to our club was disrespected beyond belief by many armchair tactical geniuses.

It's embarrassing.

9 hours ago, Nibs said:

Yeah. Loved John Neal - great man.

At the time it seemed like a good progression with John Hollins stepping up from coaching to become Manager, what with Hollins being well thought of, lovely bloke and with his CFC history.

But boy did he and Ernie Whalley f**k up all the good work and foundations that John Neal had put in place. Will never forgive Hollins for that and the way he left Nevin and Hazard out of the side when they were our two most creative players. Boy how things go in circles and you get pissed off with the manager!

Yes I remember in particular a cup game at Old Trafford where we were losing 2-0 and he left Nevin and Hazard on the bench.

6 hours ago, Amputechture said:

I'll never forget all the sh*t Frank got on here for playing players 'out of position' despite the fact that their versatility is one of the reasons we signed them. The fact that they haven't lived up to their hype has got nothing to do with them being played 'out of position', ie. in positions they've played in countless times before.

Tuchel's first game in charge, we've got Callum and Pulisic both playing wing-back, and the same posters who've hurled abuse at Frank all season long... Not a bloody peep outta their mouths. You couldn't make it up.

There's no point going on about it now, I'm just amazed at how eager many were to criticize Frank at every possible opportunity. Whether you think he was the right man for the job or not, there's no denying that the man who brought that spirit back to our club was disrespected beyond belief by many armchair tactical geniuses.

It's embarrassing.

Lol,I don't think many were eager to criticize Frank.It was more a thing of being desperate for Timo and Havertz to start playing well and people got even more desperate when he decided to play them out of their position game after game after game and they seemed to get worse and worse.

As for Callum and Pulisic at wb positions.It remains to be seen will it work against teams that actually want to attack us.

8 hours ago, mm24 said:

Lol,I don't think many were eager to criticize Frank.It was more a thing of being desperate for Timo and Havertz to start playing well and people got even more desperate when he decided to play them out of their position game after game after game and they seemed to get worse and worse.

As for Callum and Pulisic at wb positions.It remains to be seen will it work against teams that actually want to attack us.

In your view what do you think are Werner and Kai's best position and where do you think Lampard was playing them? 

Keep in mind one of the main reasons that people were hugely overwhelmed at their signings was their versatility. 

16 hours ago, Amputechture said:

It's embarrassing.

I've gave him some leeway with it being his first game and he's tinkering around. 

But if he does start playing out of form players or players out of position I won't be happy and will voice my view on it. But to his credit, CHO played well in that position I thought, even better when he was on the left side, Pulisic on the right though? Not a fan. 

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

In your view what do you think are Werner and Kai's best position and where do you think Lampard was playing them? 

Keep in mind one of the main reasons that people were hugely overwhelmed at their signings was their versatility. 

I wonder if Tuchel may give Kai a go as ST/false 9.  It was that position he exploded in last season.

That way we could utilize the pace of Pulisic, Werner and CHO as Kai drooping into pockets will create space for them.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

I've gave him some leeway with it being his first game and he's tinkering around. 

But if he does start playing out of form players or players out of position I won't be happy and will voice my view on it. But to his credit, CHO played well in that position I thought, even better when he was on the left side, Pulisic on the right though? Not a fan. 

Personally I'm a huge fan of Pulisic. I've always felt that given the time he'd surprise a lot of his doubters. Always preferred him over Sancho because I think he's got the mentality to separate him from most modern footballers. His attitude is just top notch and his hunger to succeed is inspiring. His form post-lockdown last season was out of this world and there's no reason for me to think he won't reach those heights on a more consistent basis eventually. The thing is, it really doesn't matter whether he's playing on the left or right IMO, when he's on it, it just shows. At the moment he isn't quite there, and that's no surprise seeing as this season has, so far at least, been a mindf**k of epic proportions. It's the same reason I didn't put the blame on Frank for our poor run of form after an impressive unbeaten run. IMO it was far too soon to make any judgements. Too many factors needed to be taken into consideration and unfortunately for me at least, we've got the most impatient owner and board in the history of football probably.

Frank brought back something we've been missing at Chelsea for a long, long time. He was the heart and soul of the club we support and something tells me he won't go the Robbie Di Matteo route, he'll become a top class manager. He's already shown glimpses. People couldn't accept the fact that he was learning on the job, and while most probably feel his appointment came too soon, it was utterly disappointing to see the board pull the trigger so quickly after an impressive first season in charge. Why hire him in the first place if that's the case?

2 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Too many factors needed to be taken into consideration and unfortunately for me at least, we've got the most impatient owner and board in the history of football probably.

Watford have a new manager every week. Sometime the new manager is the old manager but don’t worry there’ll be a new one after him. 

38 minutes ago, Argo said:

I wonder if Tuchel may give Kai a go as ST/false 9.  It was that position he exploded in last season.

That way we could utilize the pace of Pulisic, Werner and CHO as Kai drooping into pockets will create space for them.

In my view if he took that route and dropped Tammy and Giroud in order to accommodate Kai in the centre forwards role that would be very harsh on our 2 strikers as they have done reasonably well this season. 

I think he should try utilising that as a Plan B, maybe try the system in the FA Cup and potentially latter part of games. I think it would be an exciting combination especially for next season when Kai can operate as the 2nd/3rd choice Striker if Giroud decides to leave. 

7 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Frank brought back something we've been missing at Chelsea for a long, long time. He was the heart and soul of the club we support and something tells me he won't go the Robbie Di Matteo route, he'll become a top class manager. He's already shown glimpses. People couldn't accept the fact that he was learning on the job, and while most probably feel his appointment came too soon, it was utterly disappointing to see the board pull the trigger so quickly after an impressive first season in charge. Why hire him in the first place if that's the case?

Plenty feel exactly the same. He played just 15 games at home in front of a full stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Lampard is not the only one to face the chop it seems...

*I’m aware this is the Daily Sport and is almost certainly 100% bollocks. 

03E0936A-D2F2-455E-850A-703790F649C5.jpeg

What do the Chelsea cat owners association think to that ? 

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

In my view if he took that route and dropped Tammy and Giroud in order to accommodate Kai in the centre forwards role that would be very harsh on our 2 strikers as they have done reasonably well this season. 

I think he should try utilising that as a Plan B, maybe try the system in the FA Cup and potentially latter part of games. I think it would be an exciting combination especially for next season when Kai can operate as the 2nd/3rd choice Striker if Giroud decides to leave. 

Some think Tuchel will play with 2 attackers there somehow... 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2... Kai can be behind Werner/Giroud/Tammy.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Some think Tuchel will play with 2 attackers there somehow... 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2... Kai can be behind Werner/Giroud/Tammy.

I think in a 2 striker system it would need to be Werner +1, we need someone more mobile to be able to get in behind when the more physical striker creates space. 

22 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Watford have a new manager every week. Sometime the new manager is the old manager but don’t worry there’ll be a new one after him. 

Since Roman took over Forest have had 26 managers including a couple of caretakers which is staggering .

19 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Since Roman took over Forest have had 26 managers including a couple of caretakers which is staggering .

It's only really England club supporting fans and pundits that get so het up over manager longevity, Bayern regularly sack title winning manager's and no one cares, there's constant rumours of Zidane's job being on the line despite all he's won at Real and it's accepted as part of the game out there. 

The most important thing is the clubs have one direction they stick to long term, constantly changing manager's only becomes a problem is if you keep appointing polar opposites to the previous one. With Sarri, Lamps and now Tuchel we've appointed managers that have the same base ideas so any necessary tweaks to playing staff (in other words managers inheriting players that don't fit their style) is marginal at worst, if/when the Tuchel spell goes "all Chelsea" i imagine our main target will be Nagelsmann, that type of continuing makes it fine to change manager's regularly (see the Mou/Hiddink/Carlo axis for the old guard aswell). If we decided to after Sarri appoint Allegri, then went for Tuchel, then went for Simeone and after that decided Nagelsmann then that's when the issues arrive because building a squad while flicking between proactive and reactive manager's would be impossible.

Edited by Argo

I guess the thing we’re all disappointed with is that we thought Roman and the club had softened their approach slightly to managers and were looking to really build something - a culture, an identity etc. Unfortunately, or depending on how you look at it, the club are only interested in one thing - winning. Even with the appointment of Sarri, I thought they were interested in building something. Clearly not. 

I think they likely gave Frank abit of a free pass last season given the situation but this season was back to normal. Win at all costs. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

I guess the thing we’re all disappointed with is that we thought Roman and the club had softened their approach slightly to managers and were looking to really build something - a culture, an identity etc. Unfortunately, or depending on how you look at it, the club are only interested in one thing - winning. Even with the appointment of Sarri, I thought they were interested in building something. Clearly not. 

I think they likely gave Frank abit of a free pass last season given the situation but this season was back to normal. Win at all costs. 

But that's the thing, we have built on the Sarri foundations, the last few years have been tough results wise but it was a needed transition as the style of football that served us so well was becoming outdated (hence Mourinho's spectacular decline). We may not have had the same manager throughout but we've very much undertook a process of transitioning to a more modern approach.

13 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Thats ridiculous, its almost 2 managers a season ha ha...

• coco changed the title to Super Frank Lampard
  • coco unpinned this topic