Super Frank Lampard

ForeverCarefree

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

On 07/03/2021 at 03:39, Argo said:

He went back relitevely soon IIRC.

I defiently recall him in the crowd for the Gerrard slip game which was a mere two years later.

That's right.

He was attending Liverpool games in 2013, only a year after his second Liverpool coaching stint ended.

Almost convinced he'll be our manager again one day in the future. Need some more experience, perhaps both in terms of tactics and man-management. Still early days for Thomas Tuchel but by the looks of it Lampard could certainly have learned a thing or two by staying in contact with him.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Almost convinced he'll be our manager again one day in the future. Need some more experience, perhaps both in terms of tactics and man-management. Still early days for Thomas Tuchel but by the looks of it Lampard could certainly have learned a thing or two by staying in contact with him.

Agree.

I can see Lampard returning down the track. He would have learnt a lot from his experience with us.

Would love to see him stay in management and establish his credentials elsewhere for a while. If he's good enough, I think he could return under the right circumstances.

You can tell how special Frank is by the fact that, several weeks on, his thread is still in this forum sub-section, and not yet moved into the Football Other Teams bit ūüôā

Edited by Sexyfootball

Frank needs to prove his worth in the Championship, perhaps get a team promoted and survive in the EPL.

The question will be does he have the hunger as a manager not many elite players do, Pep is the only successful recent elite player I recall.

Edited by Strider6003

47 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Frank needs to prove his worth in the Championship, perhaps get a team promoted and survive in the EPL.

The question will be does he have the hunger as a manager not many elite players do, Pep is the only successful recent elite player I recall.

Has any manager gone from managing a CL team to managing in the Championship? Can’t think of any. I reckon he might need to go the Celtic route but then the Gerrard comparisons will continue.

18 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Maybe in 10-12 yrs a new superstar F Lampard may join the ranks, Franks first boy, 'Freddie' yep sounds a future plan.

Heard it here first little freddie to be a first team player with us within the next 17 years

Edited by Malta Blue

11 minutes ago, Valerie said:

All together now: ūüé∂¬†One Freddie Lampard, there's only one Freddie Lampard¬†ūüé∂

Imagine super franky coming back to the bridge to watch little Freddie destroy millwall (I reckon by then Arsenal would of gone bust and become a sunday league team, west ham to realise they will never get anywhere England and join the Dutch league and still not win nothing, spurs will be in league 1, Fulham league 2 and millwall (the only other London club left in the PL struggling against relegation)

1 hour ago, Malta Blue said:

Imagine super franky coming back to the bridge to watch little Freddie destroy millwall (I reckon by then Arsenal would of gone bust and become a sunday league team, west ham to realise they will never get anywhere England and join the Dutch league and still not win nothing, spurs will be in league 1, Fulham league 2 and millwall (the only other London club left in the PL struggling against relegation)

Are you crazy, I don't want them here :shok: 

Besides, Freddie needs to score his 200th against them :woot2:!

Here is a question, one which nobody can definitively answer - but I will ask anyway...

Part 1 - As much as we love Lamps, do we think that if he were still manager, we would be in the 1/4 finals having beaten Athletico 3v0 over 2 legs?

Part 2 - and if not, does it make the boards decisions justified?

Answers on a postcard.

4 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Here is a question, one which nobody can definitively answer - but I will ask anyway...

Part 1 - As much as we love Lamps, do we think that if he were still manager, we would be in the 1/4 finals having beaten Athletico 3v0 over 2 legs?

Answers on a postcard.

Everyone on here knows my view on this subject but Lampard has very much played his part in this with his selfless squad building, if/when we win a major trophy again he'd have more than played his part in the journey.

20 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Answers on a postcard.

Why?

Lampard is gone. Move on.

Exactly, theres no point comparing. Lets just all agree the job Lampard did as a player for us was world class, and he did a fantastic job for us last year and a good job this year, especially in the champions league. Lets give him the respect and keep it moving.

6 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Answers on a postcard.

Maybe we will beat them 6-0. 

This is imaginary question that is impossible to answer because we played Atletico 6 games after Lamp got sacked. 

46 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Maybe we will beat them 6-0. 

This is imaginary question that is impossible to answer because we played Atletico 6 games after Lamp got sacked. 

Yes I know - I am asking what you think would have happened. Do you think we would have won 6v0? Do you think we would be unbeaten in however many with 2 goals conceded? I know we don't know, I am asking for opinions only. 

31 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Yes I know - I am asking what you think would have happened. Do you think we would have won 6v0? Do you think we would be unbeaten in however many with 2 goals conceded? I know we don't know, I am asking for opinions only. 

Impossible to tell because it is 6 games after he got sacked. 

Maybe Lamp would turn our form around and we are flying high and beat Atletico 3-0,3-0. 

Edited by Bob stark

• coco changed the title to Super Frank Lampard