Super Frank Lampard

ForeverCarefree

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

Good luck to Frank if he gets the Newcastle job, no doubt he deserve another go in the top flight. The Newcastle job is not as enticing as it looks, at least in the first 6-12 months. Sure, you have money to burn, most likely you get players who's after a huge pay day, who would be too good for the club if not for the money. Do we expect the likes of Coutinho to say it's a dream come true to come to a huge club like Newcastle 🤔

3 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Good luck to Frank if he gets the Newcastle job, no doubt he deserve another go in the top flight. The Newcastle job is not as enticing as it looks, at least in the first 6-12 months. Sure, you have money to burn, most likely you get players who's after a huge pay day, who would be too good for the club if not for the money. Do we expect the likes of Coutinho to say it's a dream come true to come to a huge club like Newcastle 🤔

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2021/10/12/breaking-messi-bids-tearful-goodbye-to-psg-ahead-of-newcastle-move-/

As for Lamps the only thing this job would do is guarantee a nice pay off in 12 to 18 months time. The first new manager will undoubtedly be a sacrificial lamb, his job will be to get the project underway, ready for a more experienced coach to come into place when silverware is more achievable.   

2 hours ago, charierre said:

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2021/10/12/breaking-messi-bids-tearful-goodbye-to-psg-ahead-of-newcastle-move-/

As for Lamps the only thing this job would do is guarantee a nice pay off in 12 to 18 months time. The first new manager will undoubtedly be a sacrificial lamb, his job will be to get the project underway, ready for a more experienced coach to come into place when silverware is more achievable.   

I'd be all over that job as a manager. 

Massive transfer budget to work with. Likely to get a massive wage increase and then you just know you're going to get a bumper pay off at the end of it. 

What's not to love about that job right now? You basically have to stop Newcastle being relegation candidates and finishing mid table next season whilst being allowed to spend a small fortune. 

19 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Massive transfer budget to work with. Likely to get a massive wage increase and then you just know you're going to get a bumper pay off at the end of it. 

What's not to love about that job right now? You basically have to stop Newcastle being relegation candidates and finishing mid table next season whilst being allowed to spend a small fortune. 

If we exclude the possible wages I don't think this is the job for him. The pressure would be massive and it is not what he needs right now in his career.

Relegation battle this season is going to be very tough for Newcastle, don't forget they haven't won a game yet and some things can't change overnight. I think what Bruce has done so far with this squad and in these circumstances, with an aura of negativity around the club, is not appreciated enough. If you ask me I would keep him at least until the end of this season. That is the least he deserves. 

As for Frank, I was hoping that Palace would bring him in the summer. They've got some talented players with lots of potential and he's proved he can bring the best out of youngsters. It would have been a great working atmosphere for him to continue his development, something like in Derby but on a higher level.

5 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Remember Manchester City 10 years ago?

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It’s a good night out in the city centre after the match too.

Edited by charierre

On 11/10/2021 at 20:30, Sindre said:

Feels like it very rarely works out for the first managerial appointment for these "projects" that Newcastle are about to take on.

Romans first actual appointment bucking that trend but old Jose inherited a pretty amazing team from Claudio and not a bunch of relegation cloggers.  

7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don't know how accurate the mirror is as a source but they are reporting that the new owners are not going to be dropping a huge ton of cash into the transfer budget.

According to this it's 100 million quid over the next 4 years, so basically 25 million quid per year.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-owners-transfer-spending-investment-25215345

1 hour ago, Valpo said:

I don't know how accurate the mirror is as a source but they are reporting that the new owners are not going to be dropping a huge ton of cash into the transfer budget.

According to this it's 100 million quid over the next 4 years, so basically 25 million quid per year.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-owners-transfer-spending-investment-25215345

Drinkwater will be delighted as a new magpipe