Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Well last season is well an truly wrapped up now so I thought we should start a new thread focusing on the upcoming season.

I expect a lot of interesting transfer news Iver the next few weeks with the likes of Eriksen & Pogba potentially leaving. Anyone that Neymar story too? Apparently sulking about being at PSG now and wants to move... I’d love to see him in the prem just to watch him get kicked all over the park. He wouldn’t last 5 mins in this league!

The gossip about Maguire moving from Leicester to Utd seems consistent, that will strengthen them IMO.

The Crystal Palace Right Back also looks Utd bound.

Agree lots of rumblings about Neymar and some recent ones concerning Mbappe.

One of things that does strike me this season is two very highly paid front men that are not wanted by their own clubs yet are neither keen on playing anywhere else unless their wages are met: Bale and Sanchez.

Very strange situation with Neymar at least. Not sure who could afford him? Maybe Juve but they just signed De Ligt. Unless Neymar went back to Barcelona?

Also Alexis Sanchez at United, they seem to want rid but he’s not gonna leave with those wages!

There's that old saying about class. Something along the lines of money can't buy you class.

Any player with a decent amount of pride would take a pay cut to get regular football, IMO. 

Neymar has been in some unsavoury stories recently and although talented he doesn't seem to be invaluable like some other front men.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

This is the first time in about 5 years I haven't created the "following our nearest & dearest" thread.... I feel slightly cheated. 

@ForeverCarefree I feel your pain. 

I’ll just put it out there that I’m easily bought should you feel the need to open up rival thread.

2 hours ago, Stim said:

So the closer to the 30th of June we get without announcing a manager the less and less sleep I will be getting

You have to admit though that ‘Rafaball’ has a nice ring to it.

1 hour ago, goose said:

You have to admit though that ‘Rafaball’ has a nice ring to it.

If ever I catch you using that horrible word at a Shed End piss up, I'll throw a beer in your face. Alcohol free, so the ultimate insult!

39 minutes ago, goose said:

OMG drenched in alcohol free beer, can think of nothing worst. No more Rafaball from me then.

Phew, crisis averted :wink:

7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

This is the first time in about 5 years I haven't created the "following our nearest & dearest" thread.... I feel slightly cheated. 

Ah sh*t man I'm soz ? the honour is all yours if you want it. Tbh I just fired one up because we were still using last seasons thread.

Once the new fixtures are out I think a new one should start. 

Soz if I've pissed you of man! 

51 minutes ago, Itsintheblood89 said:

Ah sh*t man I'm soz ? the honour is all yours if you want it. Tbh I just fired one up because we were still using last seasons thread.

Once the new fixtures are out I think a new one should start. 

Soz if I've pissed you of man! 

You know what, I admire how heartfelt this is x

No issue from me, I was just being lighthearted.

Been confirm that the San Siro is going to be demolished ahead of the 2022 season. 

One of the most iconic stadiums in world football. 

Interestingly the 80k stadiums replacement which will be built right next door will be a 60k stadium... Perhaps both Inter and AC Milan acknowledging the low attendances in Serie A?