Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

20 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Garbage match the start the season should of been Man United Vs. Chelsea

Doesn't fit the narrative of "it's our year" at sky.

Just watch the advert for sky sports. Opens with Liverpool fans (even though Man City won the league), shows several Liverpool goals, focuses in on TAA coming out of the tunnel, and ends with the same Liverpool fans from the start saying "we'll do one better this year".

The whole thing feels like Scouse erotica.

53 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Doesn't fit the narrative of "it's our year" at sky.

Just watch the advert for sky sports. Opens with Liverpool fans (even though Man City won the league), shows several Liverpool goals, focuses in on TAA coming out of the tunnel, and ends with the same Liverpool fans from the start saying "we'll do one better this year".

The whole thing feels like Scouse erotica.

I think it’s laughable they want subscription money when they are so heavily pro Liverpool.

This is Sky though, waxing lyrical about how good Liverpool look after a home game against Norwich and arranging the fixtures so that they have a extra 2 days preparation for the Super Cup game against us.

I don't like this rule about the goalkeeper coming off their line during penalties, it feels way too harsh. How are they supposed to have a chance of saving anything if they can't even come off the line by a single inch? It's understandable that they shouldn't be allowed to jump to far off their line, but they should be allowed at least a yard to play with, the way it is now is too restrictive.

VAR is a joke, you dont know whether to celebrate a goal now or not, has totally taken the magic out of goals/the game, I'm going to be sh*tting it for about 5 mins after every chelsea goal! Plus you know we are never going to get decisions go our way it's just another way the officials can do us and other teams over [emoji30]

If this is a sign of things to come, then this is going to be another very boring season of football. Seeing City and Liverpool win almost every single game is making this league boring. Last season, I pretty much gave up on watching Premier League football outside of our games and the big games because you could predict how every match would go. The thing that people love about English football is the competitiveness, but it seems to be losing that now.

13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Oh, I heard the commentators talking about the keeper and assumed it was because of that.

the camera was zooming Rice and our commentator also assumed that. 

but yes, in the end it could have been because of Fabianski. there's no explanation and is free for interpretation.

f**k VAR

Edited by mojo

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Said at the start it's City Vs Liverpool again this season

You should have had money on it!!!

Considering they both run away with it last season I’d say it’s a fairly safe bet. However we are one game into the new season and I’m not calling either team champions yet and will hope with all my being that both teams fall big time, particularly Liverpool. The season hadn’t started and already I’m sick of the media love in. f**k them, crash and burn.

33 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If this is a sign of things to come, then this is going to be another very boring season of football. Seeing City and Liverpool win almost every single game is making this league boring. Last season, I pretty much gave up on watching Premier League football outside of our games and the big games because you could predict how every match would go. The thing that people love about English football is the competitiveness, but it seems to be losing that now.

I agree. It’s not simply that they’re wining games but they’re just rolling everyone over. It’s just like watching junior football where there’s always a team that have the best players and win 10 nil every week. To think that after last season and the season before that City wining 5-0 away in their opening game doesn’t mean they’ll win the league again is just delusional. Liverpool may hang on to their coat-tails for a while again but there’s only one winner in the end.

You should have had money on it!!!
Considering they both run away with it last season I’d say it’s a fairly safe bet. However we are one game into the new season and I’m not calling either team champions yet and will hope with all my being that both teams fall big time, particularly Liverpool. The season hadn’t started and already I’m sick of the media love in. f**k them, crash and burn.

It’s extremely unlikely one of either city or Liverpool will collapse at all this season not with the players and managers they have. I don't want to see the league turn into Spanish league at all but at present that's where we are at the moment, teams just bend over for them now.