Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Henderson winning player of the season is a joke really. Yeah, Liverpool won the league, but that doens't mean the best player of the season played for them. I don't see how anybody can look past De Bruyne. 21 assists in a single league season (breaking Henry's record) and 11 league goals. He's been brilliant for City.

Henderson, seriously.

29 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Henderson, seriously.

It was only the football writers vote though, so I guess we should take it as a pinch of salt. Their opinion isn't worth much. Surely the players will see sense when it comes to the players player of the year vote.

Edited by Scott Harris

"We did it lads, we qualified for the Europa League" ?

You just can't take these jokers seriously. After being in the Champions League for so many years in a row AND getting to the final last season, I really don't see how qualifying for the Europa League is a success. Tottenham fans say "look where we were when Mourinho took over".........they were 14th, but they were only 3 points off 5th with less than a third of the season played.

16 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

You just can't take these jokers seriously. After being in the Champions League for so many years in a row AND getting to the final last season, I really don't see how qualifying for the Europa League is a success. Tottenham fans say "look where we were when Mourinho took over".........they were 14th, but they were only 3 points off 5th with less than a third of the season played.

He's probably gonna say finishing 6th with Spurs was my biggest accomplishment in my career.

Jose is really getting used to the Spurs mentality, Europa league fits in well with their stadium. With the team they got, Poch was never going to finish 14th, they may have missed the Europa league. But that just proved Poch was all along, and they still have that identity they been built on.

Than god Rodgers never made it as a Chelsea manager, you can not be happy and praise your team after throwing away the CL spot in the space of 8-9 games, can't remember another top 6 team choked like that in recent years.

Well at least 3rd will take us back to the CL ? If someone said to me back around new year that we'd finish 3rd I would've laughed my ass of and told him to quit the jazz tobacco. Can't say I'm impressed with how we've played, but I've seen some promising glimpses every now and then. 

With some new additions I think both us and you can close the gap on sh*tty and Liverpoop. But I think we both need more than one season to mount a realistic challenge with so many areas that needs improvement and lacking the quality in squad depth. 

You guys have done some brilliant additions with Werner, Ziyech and probably Havertz. But I don't think you guys lack firepower, what about that defence? 

I hope you guys beat Arse in the cup final. Seriously doubt Auba will stay next season without even getting to play in the Europa league. They'll have to strengthen with some young talents hoping they actually make it. Could be a rough couple of years for them having to fight Burnley and Everton for players and position in the league... 

Edited by Bogga

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Jesus Christ, really? I would be embarrassed beyond belief if that was my team celebrating an ‘achievement‘ like that.

They are small time. It’s embedded in their DNA. 

1 hour ago, Blue Exile said:

Jesus Christ, really? I would be embarrassed beyond belief if that was my team celebrating an ‘achievement‘ like that.

They are small time. It’s embedded in their DNA. 

I can only imagine they celebrate out of sheer relief the season is over and they can't slip further down the league table.

18 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

That is pathetic. Classic spuds

You'd think the media's darlings, being the greatest team ever, would have managed at least one of these. In reality, they managed none of them, with Man City being top in all categories:

• Most goals scored
  • Fewest goals conceded
  • Best goal difference
  • Most passes
  • Most shots
  • Most clean sheets

If there is a legal challenge could really set the cat among the pigeons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53571916

Bournemouth's board is expected to discuss whether to pursue any legal challenge over the goalline technology error in the Aston Villa v Sheffield United match in June.

Hawk-Eye apologised after the Blades were denied a goal in the match after the ball had crossed the line.

The match finished 0-0 and Villa ended the season one point above relegated Bournemouth in the Premier League.

The Cherries have a board meeting this week.

There has been no instruction to lawyers at this stage.

After the incident on 17 June, Hawk-Eye said in a statement: "The seven cameras located in the stands around the goal area were significantly occluded by the goalkeeper, defender, and goalpost. This level of occlusion has never been seen before in over 9,000 matches that the Hawk-Eye Goal Line Technology system has been in operation.

"Hawk-Eye unreservedly apologises to the Premier League, Sheffield United, and everyone affected by this incident."

At the time the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) said the video assistant referee did not intervene because of the "unique" circumstances and said it would review how a similar incident in the future can be handled.

The International Football Association Board (Ifab) rules state: "In principle, a match is not invalidated because of: malfunction(s) of the VAR technology (as for goal line technology (GLT))."

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

The International Football Association Board (Ifab) rules state: "In principle, a match is not invalidated because of: malfunction(s) of the VAR technology (as for goal line technology (GLT))."

Sounds pretty open and shut from this line here, if VAR/GLT are just tools to help refs then there is no case to be made. The incompetance of VAR has been present all season, if that can be challenged then we can really go through all the decisions and reshuffle the table.

30 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Sounds pretty open and shut from this line here, if VAR/GLT are just tools to help refs then there is no case to be made. The incompetance of VAR has been present all season, if that can be challenged then we can really go through all the decisions and reshuffle the table.

They just need to borrow Cities lawyers.

On 27/07/2020 at 03:32, Bogga said:

Well at least 3rd will take us back to the CL ? If someone said to me back around new year that we'd finish 3rd I would've laughed my ass of and told him to quit the jazz tobacco. Can't say I'm impressed with how we've played, but I've seen some promising glimpses every now and then. 

With some new additions I think both us and you can close the gap on sh*tty and Liverpoop. But I think we both need more than one season to mount a realistic challenge with so many areas that needs improvement and lacking the quality in squad depth. 

You guys have done some brilliant additions with Werner, Ziyech and probably Havertz. But I don't think you guys lack firepower, what about that defence? 

I hope you guys beat Arse in the cup final. Seriously doubt Auba will stay next season without even getting to play in the Europa league. They'll have to strengthen with some young talents hoping they actually make it. Could be a rough couple of years for them having to fight Burnley and Everton for players and position in the league... 

I think the turning point for you was getting Bruno Fernandes whereas Pogba was up and down Fernandes hit the ground running and delivered and for me was the difference between mid table and third.

I was reading that Utd need to sort out the keeper which as you know is also an issue for us and need someone else in defensive midfield as Matic is coming to the end of his career at the top level.

On 28/07/2020 at 20:50, Strider6003 said:

I think the turning point for you was getting Bruno Fernandes whereas Pogba was up and down Fernandes hit the ground running and delivered and for me was the difference between mid table and third.

I was reading that Utd need to sort out the keeper which as you know is also an issue for us and need someone else in defensive midfield as Matic is coming to the end of his career at the top level.

Yeah, never thought he could have such an impact. That along with Leicester f**king everything up since the new year saved our season. 

Regarding DDG and Henderson I don't know what's the best solution. I'd let them fight it out over the next season since it feels a bit early to say if Henderson is up for the challenge and if DDG will continue to decline or rediscover his old self. 

Matic was probably extended to allow other areas to be strengthened first. Prone to errors if overused though, so I hope we can find a solution for rotation. 

Edited by Bogga

On 27/07/2020 at 03:32, Bogga said:

The biggest improvement you guys can make is replacing OGS with a competent Manager (Poch Maybe?)

I think finishing 3rd has masked a number of tactical deficiencies that OGS has showcased throughout the season. He finished on 66 points which is the same points total as last season which got you guys 6th but luckily this time it was sufficient enough to get a CL spot. No points difference yet United spent 193m including the Fernandes fee, I would say United have majorly disappointed this season and questions need to be asked of OGS.

I have heard the argument of hypocrisy being thrown towards Chelsea fans how we believe OGS is a terrible Manager in comparison to Lampard, but we finished with the same points total after losing Hazard (Contribution towards 49% of our goals last season), Lampard didnt have the luxury of bringing anyone in and we also suffered long term injuries to Kante and RLC. In addition people still put OGS in the same conversation as Lampard and Arteta even though he has been in Management for best part of a decade, he should not even be being compared to the other 2 especially from a tactical standpoint considering the Management experience he has behind him.

I hope you guys keep him on as the longer he is there the less likely you are to seriously mount a title challenge.