Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Title has been over for a long time now. I don't know why people keep dragging it out as if City are gonna challenge. Every week, after Liverpool win or City lose, people will say "that's it, title's over..."

The following week, Liverpool draw and City smash Burnley or whatever, the same people start saying "Can City close the gap?"

No. They can't. Absolutely no way are Liverpool bottling this.

8 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:

Title has been over for a long time now. I don't know why people keep dragging it out as if City are gonna challenge. Every week, after Liverpool win or City lose, people will say "that's it, title's over..."

The following week, Liverpool draw and City smash Burnley or whatever, the same people start saying "Can City close the gap?"

No. They can't. Absolutely no way are Liverpool bottling this.

It's the hope that kills you :sadwalk:

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Alexander-Arnold has had an absolute monster of a game.

Oh to have a full-back with that sort of delivery and finishing. Let's hope Reece James turns out to be as good.

Having someone half as good would be a start.

For it to get interesting, they'd have to lose 4 games in a row somehow, and I can't see that happening unless they get a boat load of injuries, and probably not even then. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure they are actually as good as this lead makes you think they must be ... the teams that ought to be rivalling them have all gone to sh*t at the same time for some reason ...

24 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

For it to get interesting, they'd have to lose 4 games in a row somehow, and I can't see that happening unless they get a boat load of injuries, and probably not even then. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure they are actually as good as this lead makes you think they must be ... the teams that ought to be rivalling them have all gone to sh*t at the same time for some reason ...

Don't we say the same thing every season a team is leading the league. City last season and before were the same. Conte's first season here it was the same thing. When Leicester won the league it was the same. It feels like every season we are saying "rival teams are not consistent" etc. 

Edited by enigma

13 minutes ago, enigma said:

Don't we say the same thing every season a team is leading the league. City last season and before were the same. Conte's first season here it was the same thing. When Leicester won the league it was the same. It feels like every season we are saying "rival teams are not consistent" etc. 

It’s almost as if the most consistent team always wins the league. No, that’s just ridiculous. 

They are as good as the lead suggest, the best and most consistent team wins this league not like the rest of Europe. Liverpool are way ahead of us and everyone else give them credit where credit is due.
1 hour ago, Brutos said:

They are as good as the lead suggest, the best and most consistent team wins this league not like the rest of Europe. Liverpool are way ahead of us and everyone else give them credit where credit is due.

They've only had 5 clean sheets in their 19 games, and 3 of those are in the last 3 .... that's only one clean sheet more than us, and our defence has been pretty appalling ! I think it's quite incredible that they have eked out the number of points they have.

No way do they seem as good as City were the last two years, or even as good as they were themselves last year ....

I certainly can't remember another season when the rest of the "big 6" were in such a tailspin, and losing lots of games to sides that are pretty average.

• coco unpinned this topic