Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

3 minutes ago, abigsmurf said:

Liverpool fans will be 10 times worse.

Possibly, but it’s all Arsenal have got to crow about unlike Liverpool. Plus I don’t pay attention to non-scouse glory hunters who are the ones likely to go on about it.

Wolves are a bloody good team. Liverpool have the best GK I've ever seen. It's just the way he carries himself. Klopp went and bought a world-class GK and CB and it's made the world of difference. We need to do the same. There's no harder working side than Liverpool. Tonight we saw good set pieces and lots of saves, something we see very rarely at Chelsea. If you want to know how good Klopp is, look what he's done to Henderson.

13 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Wolves are a bloody good team. Liverpool have the best GK I've ever seen. It's just the way he carries himself. Klopp went and bought a world-class GK and CB and it's made the world of difference. We need to do the same. There's no harder working side than Liverpool. Tonight we saw good set pieces and lots of saves, something we see very rarely at Chelsea. If you want to know how good Klopp is, look what he's done to Henderson.

We could have bought Allison during that summer as it was clear he wanted out of Roma. We took our time getting Sarri in after Conte left and missed the boat.

Watched the last 15 mins, Wolves were impressive closing Pool down who were making errors and mis-passes. Klopp lines up Origi as a sub and Firminho pops up and scores a cracking goal, game over.

Wolves are next off to Utd in the league, wouldn't be surprised if they take this out on Olly's Utd.

Absolutely spot on, I said a few pages back whether you hate them or not, which I don't, their project the way they went about their business in the last 5 years is absolutely outstanding. I have a lot of respect for their project it's a well oiled machine from top to bottom.
41 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Absolutely spot on, I said a few pages back whether you hate them or not, which I don't, their project the way they went about their business in the last 5 years is absolutely outstanding. I have a lot of respect for their project it's a well oiled machine from top to bottom.

It absolutely disgusts me to have to agree with this.

Liverpool have equalled our unbeaten record of 40 games which we achieved in 2004-2005.

They only need to surpass Nottingham Forest (42 games in 1977-1978) and Arsenal (49 games in 2003-2004) to hold the record for the longest unbeaten streak in top flight English foootball.

11 hours ago, Brutos said:

And we are currently trying a similar project but its been 5 months and people are getting angsty 🙂

On thing that caught my last night with my brief 15 mins watching Wolves - Liverpool, was a small sequence where Jota (I think) wins a free kick against Gomez.

It looked funny as Jota twisted his body and fell in front of Gomez to stop him running away with the ball. 

On the replay you could see Gomez was pulling his arm and shirt and also pushing him, I suspect though if Jota had not made that blatant move he would not have got the free kick.

Great to see Spurs haven't experienced any sort of managerial bounce since the appointment of Mourinho. Another FA Cup replay beckons for them.

FA Cup (PL Teams Remaining):

• Leicester City (advanced to the 5th Round)
  • Sheffield United (advanced to the 5th Round)
  • Norwich City (advanced to the 5th Round)
  • Chelsea (advanced to the 5th Round)
  • Southampton (4th Round replay)
  • Tottenham Hotspur (4th Round replay)
  • Newcastle United (4th Round replay)
  • Manchester City (4th Round)
  • Manchester United (4th Round)
  • Liverpool (4th Round)
  • Bournemouth (4th Round)
  • Arsenal (4th Round)

FA Cup (PL Teams Eliminated):

• Aston Villa (eliminated 3rd Round)
  • Brighton & Hove Albion (eliminated 3rd Round)
  • Crystal Palace (eliminated 3rd Round)
  • Everton (eliminated 3rd Round)
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers (eliminated 3rd Round replay)
  • Watford (eliminated 3rd Round replay)
  • West Ham United (eliminated 4th Round)
  • Burnley (eliminated 4th Round)
2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Well done West Brom on knocking out West Ham.

That was the only one of my 3 modest bets that delivered yesterday, realised after making the bet it was Slaven Bilic returning to his previous club.

Will be interesting to see who they get next in the draw. 

Lordy. Atletico are playing Leganes. The Leganes keeper was just sent off with 30 seconds to go for time wasting. Pretty much then refused to leave the pitch. 5 minutes of pushing and shoving. Leganes are last and desperately trying to hang on for a 0-0 draw. Atletico are terrible. Serves them right for paying for Morata (who did nothing btw)

Edited by Spiller86
  • coco unpinned this topic