Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Any football fan (usually Liverpool) who seriously tries to claim some sort of moral superiority over fans of other clubs is entirely delusional.

Any modern football club of any size is a hideous, evil, monolithic beast and should be abhorred. Trying to reconcile this with the pure love of football which is divined from the deepest wellsprings of my being is why I drink.

P.S. The only "good" football club is Charlton Athletic.

Edited by PloKoon13

38 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I see that some fans, mainly Liverpool and United fans, are begging for City's trophies to removed because they won them through cheating the system. They want them removed from City and rewarded to their clubs instead. That is pathetic, they have no shame.

If City were to have their titles removed, then they should be removed from existence, not given to the team that were 2nd best. I would hate to be given those titles, they would feel tainted and wouldn't really feel like something we earned.

I certainly do not want trophies removed from any clubs much better to penalise them going forward and to put measures in place to stop it happening again.

My god Liverpool are boring to watch. Deserve to be where they are etc but apart from Mane and the odd Salah finish it’s just dull efficiency. Great athleticism and a solid back four make it difficult for teams to get at them and eventually they grind out the win. Like George Graham’s Arsenal but with more running.

23 minutes ago, Zagger said:

My god Liverpool are boring to watch. Deserve to be where they are etc but apart from Mane and the odd Salah finish it’s just dull efficiency. Great athleticism and a solid back four make it difficult for teams to get at them and eventually they grind out the win. Like George Graham’s Arsenal but with more running.

Kick the ball up to their fast moving players and keep fouling in the midfield if you're under pressure until the game is slowed down.  They've got multiple fast, clinical players, they can play terrible football for 80 minutes then score from a hoof upfield. Most of football has moved away from bossing the midfield such as the Tika Taka Barcelona of old did so it's extremely effective.

17 minutes ago, abigsmurf said:

Kick the ball up to their fast moving players and keep fouling in the midfield if you're under pressure until the game is slowed down.  They've got multiple fast, clinical players, they can play terrible football for 80 minutes then score from a hoof upfield. Most of football has moved away from bossing the midfield such as the Tika Taka Barcelona of old did so it's extremely effective.

I agree. I respect Klopp for rinsing the most out of those players and creating a winning mentality plus they’ve recruited well over the last few years to get them where they are. 
Worrying thing is only the oil cheats are likely to challenge them over the next couple of years so prepare for more tedium and scouse smugness.

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I see that some fans, mainly Liverpool and United fans, are begging for City's trophies to removed because they won them through cheating the system. They want them removed from City and rewarded to their clubs instead. That is pathetic, they have no shame.

If City were to have their titles removed, then they should be removed from existence, not given to the team that were 2nd best. I would hate to be given those titles, they would feel tainted and wouldn't really feel like something we earned.

Can't wait to see Jose claim that he won a PL title with United now.

5 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:

I tell you what. I'm quite relieved that Liverpool have won the title in this fashion. Can you imagine if they won it on the last day of the season? Compared to that, having the title already wrapped by winter has allowed us to process everything. Come May, no one will really be that bothered.

I'm still hoping for a miracle. At the very least we need to beat the f**kers to stop them going undefeated.

17 hours ago, AlexTommo said:

I tell you what. I'm quite relieved that Liverpool have won the title in this fashion. Can you imagine if they won it on the last day of the season? Compared to that, having the title already wrapped by winter has allowed us to process everything. Come May, no one will really be that bothered.

Yeah it’s such a boring procession no-one really cares. Plus throw the overall sh*teness of the league and VAR Into the mix and it’s quite underwhelming. Scousers and their plastic glory hunting hordes will no doubt enjoy it but nobody else cares. 
No scouse Aguero moment is a definite upside.
They’ll have a few good years while Klopp is around but it’s not like they can replace Mané and Salah easily, particularly Mané. Their net spend suggests they’re a sell to buy club and how long will they keep doing that so well, who can say. It’s a hard trick to keep repeating. 

I realise I’m clutching at more straws than a w**king scarecrow at this point.

13 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Gutted. At this stage of the season there’s a big difference between between winning or drawing.

We really need to win tomorrow now.

Can see us dropping points in our next two games. I think the top four place will go down to the wire unfortunately. We have ruined it for ourselves by being dreadful for many weeks. 

Edited by enigma

• coco unpinned this topic