Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

I was just chatting to my boss who is a Liverpool "supporter" from Berkshire,and I told him Liverpool always used to play away in Europe like Atletico did and that it looked like this virus thing might deny his favourite team their Leicester City moment.  It all went quiet for a moment then he put the phone down.  That's f**ked my pay rise and appraisal then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51860669

The second leg of Manchester City's last-16 second leg Champions League tie against Real Madrid, scheduled for Tuesday 17 March, has been postponed.

The decision, confirmed by Uefa, comes after the Real Madrid squad went into quarantine because of coronavirus.

The second leg of Juventus' last-16 tie against Lyon has also been postponed on the same date.

Juve's squad will spend two weeks in quarantine after defender Daniele Rugani tested positive for the virus.

A Uefa statement said: "Following the quarantine imposed on players of Juventus and Real Madrid, the matches will not take place as scheduled.

City's Premier League game with Arsenal was postponed on Wednesday as a precautionary measure.

Pep Guardiola's side hold a 2-1 lead from the first leg against Real in Spain on 26 February, while Juventus trail Lyon 1-0 after the first leg in France.

45 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I was just chatting to my boss who is a Liverpool "supporter" from Berkshire,and I told him Liverpool always used to play away in Europe like Atletico did and that it looked like this virus thing might deny his favourite team their Leicester City moment.  It all went quiet for a moment then he put the phone down.  That's f**ked my pay rise and appraisal then.

66f5880453d5344208b2b34c6ab12d1e.gif

Having the worlds most expensive defender in your team whilst you complain about other teams prioritizing defense as a tactic.......well isn't that just the Liverpool way.

As for LFC losing out on a major prize due to events outside their control....well tough diddums, or as an Everton might put it: 1985.

Worth it

If sporting events are postponed or cancelled there will be very little to watch on TV. However BT Sport subscribers will be able to watch the full replay/ rerun of the Liverpool v Atletico game last night.

If time is short just watch the 30 minutes of extra time. My personal highlight was the 7th minute of extra time. Atletico scored and seconds later the Bin dippers gasped and groaned in disbelief. It was a very very special night at Anfield.

YWNWA, unless you are a GK who makes mistakes. Didn't Adrian win them the super cup with a couple of saves against us? It's amazing how quickly that's forgotten. It's really pool for a manager to throw a player under the bus like that, for me the defenders had ample time to close off the attacker, but didn't do much. Kepa had his fare share of troubles, but I don't recall Lampard threw him under the bus, he did drop him but always backed him in public. Who all the pundits having a go at counter attack now? We have been killed by counter attacking teams all season, we didn't complain about them

27 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

YWNWA, unless you are a GK who makes mistakes. Didn't Adrian win them the super cup with a couple of saves against us? It's amazing how quickly that's forgotten. It's really pool for a manager to throw a player under the bus like that, for me the defenders had ample time to close off the attacker, but didn't do much. Kepa had his fare share of troubles, but I don't recall Lampard threw him under the bus, he did drop him but always backed him in public. Who all the pundits having a go at counter attack now? We have been killed by counter attacking teams all season, we didn't complain about them

He had two amazing games against us and pretty much won them both of those fixtures, and to be fair he was good last game, he had no right stopping that first shot from Willian. Liverpool are hypocrites, remember the way they treat Cassius after the CL final, you'll never walk alone my ass. 

As much as Liverpool deserve the title, to award it to them when it's not mathematically certain they will win it, just isn't fair to the rest of the league. That would mean all the other positions would have to remain the same, so clubs will be relegated when they might not have been had the season played out, same goes for European places. Some of those relegated clubs will have had harder/easier fixtures than the others, as some will still have different teams left to play. It's not balanced at all. If there is going to be a long suspension of the league, beyond the summer and into when the next season should start, then the only fair thing to do is scrap the entire season in all pyramids, with no titles or movements of clubs up or down.

Edited by Zeta

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

As much as Liverpool deserve the title, to award it to them when it's not mathematically certain they will win it, just isn't fair to the rest of the league. That would mean all the other positions would have to remain the same, so clubs will be relegated when they might not have been had the season played out, same goes for European places. Some of those relegated clubs will have had harder/easier fixtures than the others, as some will still have different teams left to play. It's not balanced at all. If there is going to be a long suspension of the league, beyond the summer and into when the next season should start, then the only fair thing to do is scrap the entire season in all pyramids, with no titles or movements of clubs up or down.

The only problem would be that nobody would play in Europe next season but I think it has happened in the past that nobody from the PL played in Europe one year...

9 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Absolute wastemen.

Hope they get pumped by whoever they draw. 

If our whole team did that just because the opposition player made a unique celebration against us, I would be embarrassed. 

• coco unpinned this topic