Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Great tactics by Ole, put on all the strikers you have when playing against 10 men. Ighalo, Rashford, Greenwood & Martial all on the pitch and they've completely lost there shape. 

The guy can literally only play counter attacking football with this United team. 

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Maguire is such a big clumsy bastard, can't believe United paid 80m for him. 

35 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He's absolute dog sh*t, just British hype, it's why I want us to stay clear of that Chilwell. 

jinx >9k

12 hours ago, Boyne said:

Liverpool winning the title in England and Celtic winning the league in Scotland. I can't think of anything more depressing with the possible exception of Spurs winning the title.

Here's to a Chelsea and Rangers double next season and I'll have a couple (or lots) of pints to celebrate.

I'd be happy with that! Linfield picked up their 54th Irish League title, a beacon of light in a gloomy season.

On 26/06/2020 at 08:46, dkw said:

Ive just replied with a "*" whenever anyone sent me a message on social media or text, whatsapp etc, its winding them right up, its so f**king easy the bunch of wet wipes 😅

Liverpool fans thought the day they finally won it would be the day their banter status was over but remarkably they've become an even bigger target, the asterisk, Lampard winning them more titles than Gerrard did etc.....

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

Liverpool fans thought the day they finally won it would be the day their banter status was over but remarkably they've become an even bigger target, the asterisk, Lampard winning them more titles than Gerrard did etc.....

Thing is they can still be bantered anyway cause Gerard still f**king slipped 🤣

2 hours ago, carrickblue said:

I'd be happy with that! Linfield picked up their 54th Irish League title, a beacon of light in a gloomy season.

Great achievement by Linfield. I do like their new away shirt. Am tempted to order one.

5 hours ago, Boyne said:

Great achievement by Linfield. I do like their new away shirt. Am tempted to order one.

Their choice of colours is both old and beautiful 😂

2 hours ago, carrickblue said:

Their choice of colours is both old and beautiful 😂

Indeed. I can think of a few places where it could be worn.

On 27/06/2020 at 19:46, Boyne said:

Liverpool winning the title in England and Celtic winning the league in Scotland. I can't think of anything more depressing with the possible exception of Spurs winning the title.

Here's to a Chelsea and Rangers double next season and I'll have a couple (or lots) of pints to celebrate.

Not and never have been a Rangers fan or Celtic for that matter. makes no difference to me who wins it up the road.

Out of curiosity, should they win the Champions' League, does anyone know what would happen to Man City's 'qualified as winners' spot in next season's tournament?

Would it be given to the finalists? An extra spot for the finalists' league? Could we see sixth place in the Premier League qualify for the Champions League?

5 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Out of curiosity, should they win the Champions' League, does anyone know what would happen to Man City's 'qualified as winners' spot in next season's tournament?

Would it be given to the finalists? An extra spot for the finalists' league? Could we see sixth place in the Premier League qualify for the Champions League?

I’m pretty sure it would likely just take one of the teams who has to qualify and make them automatic.

Watching United against Brighton and also having watched Liverpool extensively this season it is absolutely baffling at the number of 50/50 decisions which go in their favour. All other clubs tend to be held to a different level of officiating in comparison. 

Fernandes looks great. I knew he would and would have loved Chelsea to have got him instead of Utd. It is a shame we never went in for him sooner tbh. In such a short space of time he's made an impact at Utd. Together with Pogba that's a very formidable midfield  duo. 

10 minutes ago, enigma said:

Fernandes looks great. I knew he would and would have loved Chelsea to have got him instead of Utd. It is a shame we never went in for him sooner tbh. In such a short space of time he's made an impact at Utd. Together with Pogba that's a very formidable midfield  duo. 

Pogba isn't formiddible, he has one good game once in a blue moon for them. 

They have had a run of easy games but when they play the better sides united falter. The last 2 results won't fool anyone. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Pogba isn't formiddible, he has one good game once in a blue moon for them. 

They have had a run of easy games but when they play the better sides united falter. The last 2 results won't fool anyone. 

United haven’t lost in 14, and they've scored 36 and conceded 4 in that time. Played City twice, Chelsea away, Wolves, spurs away. Everton away and Sheffield United away. 

Your better sides comment looks wrong when compared to the table -- they've statistically done the best against the top 6. 

They're a very formidable side who lots of  people tend to underrate here -- disregarding next season's signings I would take their current attack and defense over what we have atm 

Edited by MANoWAR

8 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

United haven’t lost in 14, and they've scored 36 and conceded 4 in that time. Played City twice, Chelsea away, Wolves, spurs away. Everton away and Sheffield United away. 

Your better sides comment looks wrong when compared to the table -- they've statistically done the best against the top 6. 

They're a very formidable side who lots of  people tend to underrate here -- disregarding next season's signings I would take their current attack and defense over what we have atm 

I wouldn't. 

We are ahead of them for a reason. We have been a better team with bigger restraints against us. 

Think you are being unduly harsh on our boys. 

Posted (edited)

If by restraints you're referring to injuries then Chelsea are not alone in that regard... if you're alluding to referees, then well...

Transfer window wise yes, but that's not the point when looking at quality. Bruno was signed in January for example when we could sign players 

And also, nobody is saying that Chelsea haven't done very well esp. with many young players, but there is a lot of this idea that United are just some mediocre team when there are definitely arguments to be had that many parts of their squad are better than us. Conceded less, better in the xG department etc. 

They've got a stupidly easy schedule coming up (because they've played the strongest sides early on)

Edited by MANoWAR