Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

1 minute ago, CFCholland said:

I'll certainly take it. But that's a harsh penalty for me. If he doesn't block that with his hands he's got a concussion.

It's as clear as day mate, behave. That's why footballers turn around when they're in a wall. Anyone could use that excuse "I'm just protecting myself" if that were the case. 

2 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

I'll certainly take it. But that's a harsh penalty for me. If he doesn't block that with his hands he's got a concussion.

Pogs calling big Pete at the half - can I borrow your helmet?

10 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's as clear as day mate, behave. That's why footballers turn around when they're in a wall. Anyone could use that excuse "I'm just protecting myself" if that were the case. 

It's not like his stopping a ball that would have gone in for goal if he hadn't used his hands, his head would have been in the way. All he did now was make sure he comes away unscathed.

14 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

Not harsh as it's a pen by the book. Though I won't necessarily criticise Pogba as it was going straight to his face at 100mph, it was pure reflex, then of course gamesmanship to try and con VAR.

7 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

It's not like his stopping a ball that would have gone in for goal if he hadn't used his hands, his head would have been in the way. All he did now was make sure he comes away unscathed.

If you block a ball with both of your hands it's a penalty, nothing "harsh" about it. Clear as day, I would even argue it should be a red card due to how deliberate it is, he's lucky he wasn't carded at all. 

11 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Diop was labouring to close him down wtf. No urgency whatsoever. 10th PL goal for Greenwood in his debut season and he's younger than CHO.

They are pretty comfortable in that a series if events including Villa beating them at home would be needed to threat their survival.

And they wont want to do us favours.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

They are pretty comfortable in that a series if events including Villa beating them at home would be needed to threat their survival.

And they wont want to do us favours.

They're pretty much home and dry even if they lose both games due to their GD, I guess Leicester are the ones most likely to drop out top 4.

6 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

They're pretty much home and dry even if they lose both games due to their GD, I guess Leicester are the ones most likely to drop out top 4.

Are they? I would say we are unless United lose today. A United win or a draw puts them above Leicester and us. If we lose to Liverpool stays that way. Meaning Leicester would have to beat United and us Wolves.

If united are safe I would expect they dont show up at Leicester. 

Edited by axman2526
Just now, axman2526 said:

Given we are playing liverpool we really could have done with West ham nicking a winner...

Tbf I didn't think West Ham would get anything from this, so I'm happy with them getting a point. 

So it looks like this before we kick off. 

United sit above us on GD, we are both a point ahead of the foxes.

If we lose today that remains the case. A draw at home to Wolves, (or better) would be enough for top 4 as a united win or draw in their game vs Leicester would put us 4th.

A foxes win with us winning would put us 3rd, 4th if we draw. In short we need 1 point to finish top four.

Edited by axman2526
  • coco unpinned this topic