Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

They're going on about the 'foul' leading up to the goal but why was is a foul one way and not the other? It wasn't intentional by either of them and neither of them had the ball. It's the very definition of 50:50, just because one player fell it doesn't mean the other player is to blame.

38 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:

They've completely bottled it

.....again.

For a team with so much money, they haven't exactly been great in the Champions League. When Abramovich took us over, we made an instant impact, City have always flattered to deceive. Just shows that money alone can't win this competition.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

You mean the owner has to make up even more shell companies to sponsor the club and pump all that money in? Must be getting boring now. 

Are you implying Manchester City solicit illegal activity? That's a helluva accusation, a disgusting one I might add! Lord Pep also is as pure as ever, he just needs another 2 billion to spend on fullbacks and he'll reach a semi final. 

Just now, Slojo said:

Are you implying Manchester City solicit illegal activity? That's a helluva accusation, a disgusting one I might add! Lord Pep also is as pure as ever, he just needs another 2 billion to spend on fullbacks and he'll reach a semi final. 

Not at all, you just have to pay the £10mil fee and then it’s all above board. 

I saw about 35 mins of this one and left at 1-0 to Lyon.

Lyon reminded me of us in Conte's first season, control and pass and they were so quick at closing down.

The there was that incident with Walker in the box and I thought penalty straight away and the close up confirmed Walker tugged the player then pushed him over.

Well once again the officials did not want to know. 

Glad Lyon won, City looked second best for most of the night.

Should be interesting when Lyon and Bayern meet though was not the match I was expecting. 

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

When was the last time an English or Spanish team didn't make it to the semi final of the Champions League? Also, when was the last time two French teams made it this far?

Just shows how unrealistic this season is, never easier to win the Champions League. Surely things would have been way different if two legs were played.

9 hours ago, Scott said:

I remember a match against us when little Raheem missed and open goal from about 7 yards out. 

He's building up quite a compilation now. He's one of the best at getting into those positions, but he looks awkward when he finishes them. Misses like this are once in a career misses, but Sterling has a handful of them already.

7 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

I knew it was a long time, but I didn't realise it was the first time ever.

2 hours ago, Jezz said:

The last four that year was Juventus, Ajax, Nantes and Panathanikos.

A long ass time then. It had to happen someday though. English teams have been inconsistent in the Champions League for a while now and the Spanish teams have been slowly getting weaker in recent times.

• coco unpinned this topic