Jump to content

Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Just now, DP2 said:

Good result for us. Starting to think we have a chance of top 4 considering whats going on around us. Would be a real bonus this season.

Just starting? I've been totally convinced we're finshing 3rd ever since the Liverpool game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mojo said:

5 min, wtf?

Wouldn’t have mattered if it had been 55 mins. For all that possession arsenal looked toothless. Looking at their team man for man they are a very ordinary team. Only thing they have going for them is a couple of decent strikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of a sudden our draw against Sheffield doesn't look so bad, they put in a very good shift against Liverpool and were extremely unlucky not to get a point, now they just beat Arsenal away. 

Maybe I was too hard on the team after that match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The race for top 4 is certainly interesting and starting  to take shape now. Given Uniteds and Chelsea’s situation, You would think that Spurs and Arsenal would be nailed on this year for top 4 but so far, it’s not looking like that. 
 

Long way to go yet. Hopefully Leicester will fall away soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sonic90 said:

What a joy it was watching Sheffield hold on, that was a classic Wenger Arsenal performance

I started it watching it at the start of the second half and have to admit to kicking every ball for Sheffield Utd !

Great win for Sheffield Utd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky showed a stat last night in the second half that said Arsenal had around 85% of the possession. They had all that ball and really did nothing with it. They could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored!

Credit to Sheffield United though, they were brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a British Asian I remember it was that whole shirt fiasco that made me lose all respect for Liverpool as a club, what a terrible decision from the club. I can only imagine the uproar if it was CFC who decided to support a racist player, the media would go into absolute frenzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

As a British Asian I remember it was that whole shirt fiasco that made me lose all respect for Liverpool as a club, what a terrible decision from the club. I can only imagine the uproar if it was CFC who decided to support a racist player, the media would go into absolute frenzy.

I still don't know how they get away with that to this day, it was a criminal injustice. 

They just backed a player because he was one of their own when they had no proof. It was a disgusting decision by Kenny, and lets face it, it was him. 

I hated Alex Ferguson at the time but I couldn't help but agree with him strongly on the case of Liverpool when they wore those shirts. Suarez is a reprehensible human being, always has been. And as much as I disliked Evra as a player I couldn't help but feel sorry for him with the way he was treat. On top of all that Suarez refused to shake his hand afterwards, an absolute disgrace, after everything you did you're the one who decides not to forgive? Piece of sh*t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Carjacker was livid his colleague brought up the tshirt incident (that face LOL) and that Jamie was a part of it, and only apologized (after a few minutes of justifying his actions on that day) because, well, he wants to keep his media gigs.

I just feel like a contrite person would offer up the apology themselves particularly when the incident of the Evra-Suarez row was specificaly brought up, and not wait minutes after they were personally called out for being involved.

 

I think Evra was a perhaps far more gracious than Jamie deserved there....... it's not like people were ignorant about racism in 2011 or society wasn't yet where it is today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

I still don't know how they get away with that to this day, it was a criminal injustice. 

They just backed a player because he was one of their own when they had no proof. It was a disgusting decision by Kenny, and lets face it, it was him. 

I hated Alex Ferguson at the time but I couldn't help but agree with him strongly on the case of Liverpool when they wore those shirts. Suarez is a reprehensible human being, always has been. And as much as I disliked Evra as a player I couldn't help but feel sorry for him with the way he was treat. On top of all that Suarez refused to shake his hand afterwards, an absolute disgrace, after everything you did you're the one who decides not to forgive? Piece of sh*t. 

The guy is an animal...but he's the pride of uefalona...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Gotta say, I don’t miss Tibo one bit. Not the signing we thought we were getting. 

Nor his chubby little buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevo said:

My personal opinion is that Carjacker was lying through his teeth. He fully supported the move and knew all about it from the off. 

Vice captain not knowing anything about it till a few hours before? Bollox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Vice captain not knowing anything about it till a few hours before? Bollox

He also clearly knew exactly who's idea it was he just doesn't want to say. 

It was obviously Kennys, he supported it fully I remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He also clearly knew exactly who's idea it was he just doesn't want to say. 

It was obviously Kennys, he supported it fully I remember. 

I went on RAWK and they seemed to have debunked that he couldn't have not known as even the internet knew before that point he claims he did. If it wasn't the manager who directed all the players to wear the shirts then every player decided individually to back Suarez then which is worse right? The manager, captain and vice captain had nothing to say about it? I think Carragher was put on the spot and just had to blame some unknown character 'Suarez's mate'

If United fans were anything like the dippers then there would be a petition for a club statement right now on Change.org 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a hollow apology really as he didn't take ownership of what happened, just blamed it on other people so saying his only mistake was to just go along with it at the last minute as if peer pressure was too strong for him to pipe up...bullsh*t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2019 at 13:30, mojo said:

arsenal 1 down

As I said when when we drew at home to them, while it was not a good result by any means Sheff United are a far better team than people give them credit for. A mistake from the keeper only reason they did not get a draw with Liverpool, now beaten Arsenal. They are a good side with a really good manager.

Am not surprised in the slightest they beat Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...