Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

19 minutes ago, Argo said:

Said this before he shut out Zaha, he's got much more defense:attack balance to his game. Against us he not only struggled to get any hold on Hazard but Mason Mount aswell.

At Liverpool they can work around his defensive weaknesses against most teams (and even then in circumstances like today have to bring on Joe Gomez and put him forward because he's struggling badly) but at International level he's going to get badly exposed.

I agree that that he has to get better on the defensive side but he brings SO MUCH on the offensive side that the england midfield simply doesnt offer, i mean did you see the 60 yards diognal pass on his weaker foot for Liverpool first goal ?

7 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Anyone notice Sky was so desperate to play on the ‘special Anfield atmosphere’ with their mic positioning, that you could clearly hear individuals swearing. 

it's usual for TV that "atmosphere" mics are weighted towards the away fans to balance out the imbalance of support in any ground and give a better "TV atmosphere" - seems to me Sky don't do that at Anfield 

we are further away from the team in 5th place than we are from Liverpool..... it ain't over 

I agree but we need to get some wins against the so called top 6 for me to believe there’s a chance.

Usually you need to be consistent against the rest of the league to be a champion but the last two seasons and the crazy points total showed you need to be consistent the whole season.

There are people on these boards that will tell you anybody claiming Chelsea get the rough end of the stick with referees and VAR are paranoid and conspiracy theorists. These same people presumably believe all teams get treated equally. They probably watched Utd under Fergie and thought they were getting treated equally. Similarly, they must watch Liverpool and think they get treated equally. Either I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist or they're mad. Michael Oliver at the Bridge might as well have been wearing a red shirt, and today the same. It's not so much the handball (which I think is debatable), it's just the fact he was never going to give a 50/50 decision to Man City. Liverpool could foul at will in that first half. A cynical foul right in front of Oliver to halt an attack. No booking. A talking to but no booking. City's players were rightfully incensed. Second half there was a blatant push on Sterling by Mane. It's a stonewall penalty. Mane is well behind Sterling, he stretches in order to push him in the back and make him fall to ground. No penalty. It's clear and obvious. What does VAR say? No penalty. A City player gets booked for arguing. City deserved the win. They were the better side. However Liverpool had the numerical advantage. They had the officials on their side. As ever.

Edited by Davey Baby
2 hours ago, Nibs said:

City have looked bang average at times today and their defence looks abysmal. Can't remember the last time I saw KDB as ineffective as he has been today either. Let's hope they play as badly in a couple of weeks time. Still hoping they score 2 more in the last 5 minutes though!!

KDB was the best player on the pitch Nibs.

22 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

There are people on these boards that will tell you anybody claiming Chelsea get the rough end of the stick with referees and VAR are paranoid and conspiracy theorists. These same people presumably believe all teams get treated equally. They probably watch Utd under Fergie and thought they were getting treated equally. Similarly, they must watch Liverpool and think they get treated equally. Either I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist of they're mad. Michael Oliver at the Bridge might as well have been wearing a red shirt, and today the same. It's not so much the handball (which I think is debatable), it's just the fact he was never going to give a 50/50 decision to Man City. Liverpool could foul at will in that first half. A cynical foul right in front of Oliver to halt an attack. No booking. A talking to but no booking. City's players were rightfully incensed. Second half there was a blatant push on Sterling by Mane. It's a stonewall penalty. Mane is well behind Sterling, he stretches in order to push him in the back and make him fall to ground. No penalty. It's clear and obvious. What does VAR say? No penalty. A City player gets booked for arguing. City deserved the win. They were the better side. However Liverpool had the numerical advantage. 

As much as I prefer City to the Dippers, think you are wrong there DB.

Sure they enjoyed greater possession and didn't get a few of the crunch decisions but they deserved nothing from the game the way they defended and let Liverpool's key players run at them at will. They let that first goal get into their heads and I thought they looked quite average today - especially KDB. They just had no answer to Liverpool breaking at speed with their front 3 and full-backs. Was only gonna be one winner today - City look like they have lost a bit of that hunger.

Edited by Nibs
15 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

KDB was the best player on the pitch Nibs.

Thought that was his worst game in ages - might have had one eye on the game and another on my ipad but I don't recall him causing Liverpool any real problems and don't recall him having one shot on goal?

Just now, Nibs said:

As much as I prefer City to the Dippers, think you are wrong there DB.

Sure they enjoyed greater possession and didn't get a few of the crunch decisions but they deserved nothing from the dame the way they defended and let Liverpool's key players run at them at will. They let that first goal get into their heads and I thought they looked quite average today - especially KDB. They just had no answer to Liverpool breaking at speed with their front 3 and full-backs. Was only gonna be one winner today - City look like they have lost a bit of that hunger.

You're right about their defence, they were a bit of a shambles, but I though they showed a lot of fight, a huge amount in fact, and I thought they created loads and played some really nice stuff, especially considering the absence of Silva.

On another day, Aguero scores a hattrick easily. On another day they get two penalties. On another day that one that hit the post goes in, etc etc. I thought KDB was majestic, he put at least two that I can remember on a plate for Aguero. He just looked a cut above everybody else. A magnificent footballer.

19 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

There are people on these boards that will tell you anybody claiming Chelsea get the rough end of the stick with referees and VAR are paranoid and conspiracy theorists. These same people presumably believe all teams get treated equally. They probably watched Utd under Fergie and thought they were getting treated equally. Similarly, they must watch Liverpool and think they get treated equally. Either I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist or they're mad. Michael Oliver at the Bridge might as well have been wearing a red shirt, and today the same. It's not so much the handball (which I think is debatable), it's just the fact he was never going to give a 50/50 decision to Man City. Liverpool could foul at will in that first half. A cynical foul right in front of Oliver to halt an attack. No booking. A talking to but no booking. City's players were rightfully incensed. Second half there was a blatant push on Sterling by Mane. It's a stonewall penalty. Mane is well behind Sterling, he stretches in order to push him in the back and make him fall to ground. No penalty. It's clear and obvious. What does VAR say? No penalty. A City player gets booked for arguing. City deserved the win. They were the better side. However Liverpool had the numerical advantage. They had the officials on their side. As ever.

Nope it's already been confirmed, we have been negatively affected by VAR more than any other team in the Premier League, it's not a conspiracy theory. Only if you claim it's a secret plot by the F.A. then yes, but it's obvious why we get penalised, our stadium is hardly threatening to the referees compared to the other top 6 and we barely have any pundits who cover our games that give us protection. 

It's already been confirmed by Clattenburg that referees are guilty of being swayed by the media in fears of negative PR, then you've got people like Mike Dean who want to be celebrities and in the spotlight for doing something controversial. 

Honestly Pep, Aguero et al. have become such unbearable w**kers (compared to previously when they were slightly more bearable w**kers) to the point that i'd rather Liverpool win the title. At least Klopp, Salah, Mane and most of their key players seem like genuinely decent people, rather than the entitled princesses at the Etihad.

• coco unpinned this topic