Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

34 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Is it me or is the entire Liverpool squad slowly dropping out of their international teams? Coincidence?

I was thinking the same thing when I read that Van Dijk has left the Oranje squad. It was for personal reasons however, which is not the usual sudden injury or precautionary measure.

He got sacked so fast, so Spuds can say that he didn't quit on them but that he was sacked. He was going to resign by himself regardless later on.

Laughable club, laughable fans.

A lot of Utd fans were keen on having him as their manager, so I wonder if he'll end up there. Tho i can't see them sacking Ole just at the time when they're showing some sign of improvement. 

Not that I give a toss either way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50480860

Tottenham have sacked head coach Mauricio Pochettino after five years in charge of the Premier League club.

The former Southampton boss, 47, was appointed in May 2014 and led the club to the Champions League final last season, where they lost to Liverpool.

But Spurs have made a disappointing start to the current campaign and are 14th in the Premier League.

"We were extremely reluctant to make this change," said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

"It is not a decision the board has taken lightly, nor in haste. Regrettably domestic results at the end of last season and beginning of this season have been extremely disappointing.

"It falls on the board to make the difficult decisions - this one made more so given the many memorable moments we have had with Mauricio and his coaching staff - but we do so in the club's best interests."

Fabrizio Romano✔@FabrizioRomano
Tottenham are considering José Mourinho as new manager, after sacking Pochettino. And José would be open to start a discussion with Spurs. Daniel Levy will decide on next hours. #THFC #Tottenham #Spurs #Pochettino 

4 minutes ago, mojo said:

Fabrizio Romano✔@FabrizioRomano
Tottenham are considering José Mourinho as new manager, after sacking Pochettino. And José would be open to start a discussion with Spurs. Daniel Levy will decide on next hours. #THFC #Tottenham #Spurs #Pochettino 

Considering how much Jose hates Chelsea, this is the perfect job for me maybe...

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Considering how much Jose hates Chelsea, this is the perfect job for me maybe...

Tottenham is already one of the dirtiest teams there is, add some cynical Mourinho tactics to that and you will see a leg break every week.

49 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham as their most successful manager ever.

Here are his incredible honours: 

0 Premier Leagues
0 Champions Leagues
0 FA Cups 
0 League Cups

Outstanding !::clap2:::biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Would Jose take it under Levy’s shoestring budget?

Bad enough he went to United but going there might just end many fans appreciation of him 

Jose loves living in London and working here is the perfect scenario for him, he can't really go wrong at Spurs as they have some decent players and some kind of a budget at least so he can at least compete for top 4 and cups and if he flops and gets sacked he can blame them for being a small club and point to Pochettino as an example of it not being the managers fault.

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

Jose loves living in London and working here is the perfect scenario for him, he can't really go wrong at Spurs as they have some decent players and some kind of a budget at least so he can at least compete for top 4 and cups and if he flops and gets sacked he can blame them for being a small club and point to Pochettino as an example of it not being the managers fault.

What budget? They just built a 1bn stadium. 

Look at Arsenal, after building stadium they couldn’t spend big for about 7 years. This, to me, means Tottenham are gone. It won’t be long until they drop out of top 4 and lose their stars.