Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Surely they would be better off waiting until the end of the season. Give it abit of time. I just hope the new manager (permanent or not) doesn’t give them a new manager bounce. 

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham as their most successful manager ever.

Here are his incredible honours: 

0 Premier Leagues
0 Champions Leagues
0 FA Cups 
0 League Cups

I know this is tongue and cheek but to be fair he made that Spurs side the most threatening side they've ever been. They've arguably just sacked their greatest manager ever, stupid decision and will definitely haunt them. There isn't a long term manager who doesn't have a rough patch, Spurs don't have the luxuries of flipping manager to manager, I actually think Poch would've stayed for a lot longer, like Simeone did with Atletico.

I'm honestly baffled at the decision, and it's even more amusing given that Poch is likely to go manage a better team. 

30 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Jose loves living in London and working here is the perfect scenario for him, he can't really go wrong at Spurs as they have some decent players and some kind of a budget at least so he can at least compete for top 4 and cups and if he flops and gets sacked he can blame them for being a small club and point to Pochettino as an example of it not being the managers fault.

apart from Ndombele, kane, and Son, there are no Mourinho type players in that squad. They have loads of young players mourinho doesn't get the best out of, and they dont have enough money to buy a squad he would want imo.

Id hate to see him go there, because of our history together, but it would be an enjoyable disaster on the other hand.

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I know this is tongue and cheek but to be fair he made that Spurs side the most threatening side they've ever been. They've arguably just sacked their greatest manager ever, stupid decision and will definitely haunt them. There isn't a long term manager who doesn't have a rough patch, Spurs don't have the luxuries of flipping manager to manager, I actually think Poch would've stayed for a lot longer, like Simeone did with Atletico.

I'm honestly baffled at the decision, and it's even more amusing given that Poch is likely to go manage a better team. 

I'm not surprised he has gone, a lot of their players were considering their futures. Where I think he has done well is in building competitive teams.

His one weakness has been the inability to actually win a trophy.

Even at the end, the poch apologists in the media are out in force...no hint of criticism at all and still being lauded as this amazing coach...did he do a good job? Given Sp*rs standards, Yes. Was he faultless? Certainly not. To build that squad deserves credit...to not win a thing with it deserves scrutiny...

not being able to spend was a hindrance yes, but also a blessing for him. He was never under the same pressure in the media as the other managers at the top of the table. Only this season has he come under the microscope and even then excuses were being made for him and finger pointed at levy.

If he ends up at one of the big clubs he's linked with, he won't get this at his next job...one defeat and he will cop far more than he ever got at sp*rs and only then will we see if he's the real deal.

I honestly think Jose's tactics are pretty redundant in 2019. Then again, with Poch gone, Pep possibly leaving in another season and Klopp maybe gone too at the end of the season if he wins the league, who knows. There will be less competition in the league and maybe more of a chance for him to win something. I don't see it myself, but I'm not going to arrogantly rule his chances out considering he's still an elite coach. 

Edited by enigma

As others have alluded to, this reeks of them choosing to sack him before he can leave. It would be an absurd decision to get rid of him unless they think he already has a foot out the door.

I think Jose would actually be a perfect fit for them, he tends to do his best work as an underdog where he can build a siege mentality, and there are plenty of wounded egos in that dressing room. Provided he still has it in him to unite a dressing room, it could be dangerous. They have the talent to seriously challenge but just haven't looked arsed this season.

Edit: I would think his preference would be to come in during the Summer though.

Edited by Jonty

5 minutes ago, Jonty said:

As others have alluded to, this reeks of them choosing to sack him before he can leave. It would be an absurd decision to get rid of him unless they think he already has a foot out the door.

I think Jose would actually be a perfect fit for them, he tends to do his best work as an underdog where he can build a siege mentality, and there are plenty of wounded egos in that dressing room. Provided he still has it in him to unite a dressing room, it could be dangerous. They have the talent to seriously challenge but just haven't looked arsed this season.

Edit: I would think his preference would be to come in during the Summer though.

I doubt it, wouldn't sacking him cost more money? They'll have to pay him out of his contract, whereas if he leaves he doesn't cost a penny. 

14 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I doubt it, wouldn't sacking him cost more money? They'll have to pay him out of his contract, whereas if he leaves he doesn't cost a penny. 

True, but if they think he plans to leave in the Summer and the distraction is the cause of their terrible form they might prefer to sod him off early before more damage is done.

5 hours ago, Boyne said:

Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham as their most successful manager ever.

Here are his incredible honours: 

0 Premier Leagues
0 Champions Leagues
0 FA Cups 
0 League Cups

So much for their fans to look back on and reminisce, all those seasons, those most memorable accomplishments of Poch - putting the pressure on!😂

Well for a little while at least, till the inevitable happens year after year😉

As Giorgio Chiellini put it: "It's the history of the Tottenham"😄

Not only are Spurs fans convinced its going to happen, they're talking themselves into Jose winning them trophies. 

It's a fair point, Jose may drag them to an FA Cup or EL trophy and signing him will convince some of their players to stay. They'll really be just kicking the can and players will want out in 2 years rather than now. 

8 hours ago, mojo said:

Fabrizio Romano✔@FabrizioRomano
Tottenham are considering José Mourinho as new manager, after sacking Pochettino. And José would be open to start a discussion with Spurs. Daniel Levy will decide on next hours. #THFC #Tottenham #Spurs #Pochettino 

Are they desperate enough for one piece of silverware to sign a manager with a toxic reputation?

Saw them tweet which I thought was interesting and true

”Tottenham are a club with a modest budget, a chairman who has strong opinions, a long term plan and a lot of players agitating over their future. Every one is a red flag when set against the name Jose Mourinho.”

Then, Jose May see them abit like Chelsea in 2004 - a club on the verge of winning something but not quite. He may like the underdog challenge?

15 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Man U and then Spurs of all clubs.

Sorry Jose, but your legacy will be tarnished forever.

It’s always him first, before anything else. 
He’s still a legend for what he did here. He hasn’t done anything noteworthy at United anyway and I doubt he will at Spurs.