ForeverCarefree

Pre-season matches 2019

1 hour ago, Dixons said:

Nobody has ever doubted he has enough technical ability on the ball to be a good player. We're (his critics) are just screaming out for him to do something with it when he has it.

not to be a busta, here is Tammy's goal

Sounds better in Espanol IMHO

Just listening to frank after the match, the man is built to be a manager, he knows how to talk, he is highly intelligent, socially competent, he says all the right things, compare that with the moody mumbling scouser, what a difference you could see that from when they were both getting pundit gigs as well 

4 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

RLC, Rudiger, Kante and CHO may have something to say about that.

For me the transformation of RLC last season is still sinking in when I see his name I think of him as one of our big players, him and CHO are like 2 good signings, love or hate Sarri, these players certainly improved greatly under him 

16 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

For me the transformation of RLC last season is still sinking in when I see his name I think of him as one of our big players, him and CHO are like 2 good signings, love or hate Sarri, these players certainly improved greatly under him 

Good point

7 hours ago, big blue said:

Pressing has been very tenacious, its probably the only benefit to not having hazard. 

We look solid enough at the back, and our we have moved the ball from back front very well at times. 

The only real issue is the final 3rd, which is of no surprise, i think we will generally struggle to score goals this season. Its not that we dont create chances, we just dont seem clinical enough, which has been the case for a coille of seasons now. Maybe someone like CHO, Tammy, or Pulisic will rectify this as the season progresses.

I think Bats might become a special player for us in the last 15 mins of a game.

I know we shouldn't look to much into preseason matches (except when we lose 4-1 to New York Red Bulls U16 squad). But that was a solid response to losing the first match. I didn't watch the match as it was on at 5:30 am here. Heard we had some solid performances that give you a good feeling in your midsection.

What are we thinking Lampard's primary formation and squad is going to be? Was it 4-2-3-1 today to start? Tammy up top with Pulisic, Pedro and Mount behind him and Kova and Jorginho as the back 2 playing 60+? Does it seem like that might be the way he is leaning to start the season? Obviously Willian isn't back yet but I heard that they don't expect him back until early August which I would think would mean he is coming off the bench to start the season until he is fully fit and ready to go. IDK, I'm really taking a stab in the dark based on a few things I've read on the Twitter, here and WAGNH... so take my thoughts with a grain of salt

8 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

What are we thinking Lampard's primary formation and squad is going to be? Was it 4-2-3-1 today to start? Tammy up top with Pulisic, Pedro and Mount behind him and Kova and Jorginho

that is right & in the 2nd half Chelsea played the 442 Diamond with Ross Da Boss as the AM - btw Barca were just starting their pre-season & they were w/out Messi, Coutinho & Suarez - IMHO that is a big difference in squads & one could tell Barca was off the boil a bit - still good performance for SFL's Chelsea & a great boost in confidence for the club

17 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I know we shouldn't look to much into preseason matches (except when we lose 4-1 to New York Red Bulls U16 squad). But that was a solid response to losing the first match. I didn't watch the match as it was on at 5:30 am here. Heard we had some solid performances that give you a good feeling in your midsection.

Results shouldn't be taken completely seriously (say for example if we conceded 3 goals after we sent the scratch side on and lost 3-1 i'd still feel happy because we "won" 1-0 with the first choice lineup)  but performances can definitely give you an idea of what's to come. I called a sh*t season in 2015/16 during pre season (although i never thought it would have been as bad as it actually turned out), it was clear just watching the pre season games that something was seriously seriously wrong.

26 minutes ago, robdog said:

that is right & in the 2nd half Chelsea played the 442 Diamond with Ross Da Boss as the AM - btw Barca were just starting their pre-season & they were w/out Messi, Coutinho & Suarez - IMHO that is a big difference in squads & one could tell Barca was off the boil a bit - still good performance for SFL's Chelsea & a great boost in confidence for the club

Its good to see the fluidity with the formation depending on who's on the pitch, instead of a standard formation regardless. I knew Messi wasn't with Barca yet but didn't correlate that with Coutinho and Suarez also being in the Copa America. I think I'm more excited to here the positivity being said about Mount, Zouma, Tammy etc. Hopefully they continue to play well and give Lampard the kind of headaches that are good, tough squad decisions. 

6 hours ago, Sindre said:

Would you say he did something with it today?

I didn't see the game.  However, i gather he played well in a deeper role than last year. I doubt he'll ever create or score enough goals when played higher up, so we might finally have found  the best/good position for him. 

BTW what was that trophy Azpi was lugging around after the match? It had escaped my attention our friendlies were part of a tournament.

Still, Frank's first silverware as a manager :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Valerie said:

BTW what was that trophy Azpi was lugging around after the match? It had escaped my attention our friendlies were part of a tournament.

Still, Frank's first silverware as a manager :biggrin:

The 'Rakuten Cup' apparently, which is glorious because they're Barcas sponsor :laugh2:

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

The 'Rakuten Cup' apparently, which is glorious because they're Barcas sponsor :laugh2:

Oooooh, another mug celebrating our latest trophy on its way to my kitchen cabinet soon, I expect :wink:

Edited by Valerie

24 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

Our sponsor Yokohama Tires will be overjoyed, especially as we won the cup at their home.

13 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Oooooh, another mug celebrating our latest trophy on its way to my kitchen cabinet soon, I expect :wink:

You may need an acrow prop for this beauty.

Capture.JPG

Atletico absolutely humiliated Real Madrid, hazard looks lost he is so used to everyone feeding the ball through him, had a decent assist but this game and the Munich game hardly knew he was on the pitch, reckon he should have stayed where he was ? Real are miles behind city and Liverpool, I know it’s preseason but they look sh*te, this late in preseason conceding 7 goals, cheeky 4 from Diego then a straight red too ?

27 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Atletico absolutely humiliated Real Madrid, hazard looks lost he is so used to everyone feeding the ball through him, had a decent assist but this game and the Munich game hardly knew he was on the pitch, reckon he should have stayed where he was ? Real are miles behind city and Liverpool, I know it’s preseason but they look sh*te, this late in preseason conceding 7 goals, cheeky 4 from Diego then a straight red too ?

It’s off topic but I agree. Hopeless.  In my view Zidane is exhibit A for the good player doesn’t mean good manager. It has to be said that inter under conte look good for their level of talent and without a striker. More to the point ManU have looked well ahead of last season  and  spurs will be there or thereabouts. Athletics looked great today but real made them look good. Costa couldn’t miss and showed pace. 

It’s off topic but I agree. Hopeless.  In my view Zidane is exhibit A for the good player doesn’t mean good manager. It has to be said that inter under conte look good for their level of talent and without a striker. More to the point ManU have looked well ahead of last season  and  spurs will be there or thereabouts. Athletics looked great today but real made them look good. Costa couldn’t miss and showed pace. 
Zidane won 3 Champions Leagues in a row for Real. They are in a sort of transition if you can call it that for Real. Missing Ronaldo is not an easy thing to fix. Looks like Bale is going out as well to China to earn 1 million euros per week!

Well don't know about anyone else, but can't wait till Reading away tomorrow, 10/12 long weeks since going to Leicester away final game of season, and since then we won UEFA cup, and that bloke has cleared off back to Italy and we have Frank installed as manager and looks like youth are being given a chance and we haven't got all the bullsh*t transfer crap going around as well. Hopefully Frank will get a huge welcome from the Chelsea hordes tomorrow. 

Just now, chi blue said:

Well don't know about anyone else, but can't wait till Reading away tomorrow, 10/12 long weeks since going to Leicester away final game of season, and since then we won UEFA cup, and that bloke has cleared off back to Italy and we have Frank installed as manager and looks like youth are being given a chance and we haven't got all the bullsh*t transfer crap going around as well. Hopefully Frank will get a huge welcome from the Chelsea hordes tomorrow. 

I’m currently sat at work bored as f**k thinking this time tomorrow I’ll be on my way to Reading. Time to sneak off to the gym on company time me thinks :laugh2: