Jump to content


ForeverCarefree

Pre-season matches 2019


Recommended Posts

Second half was a dogs breakfast and bats and Tammy can’t shoot. No go forward from Christensen or Zouma. No system In h2. Kennedy and Alonso seemed to be competing rather than partnering. It was a worry that h2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

What do we think, Lamps to keep these 7 as his centeral midfield options? Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Mount, Barkely, Drinkwater?

Remove Drinkwater and add Ampadu and I think you've got the list right. We probably only need 6 but with RLC out until Christmas and us experimenting with a diamond today I think we might run with 7. A diamond would also mean we need 3 strikers on the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was certainly hot at the home of football yesterday in the wastelands of west Dublin. Drops of glistening  sweat from the brow of Shay of Shay's Burgers were seasoning the limp patties.

And there was Bakayoko channeling his inner Mikel. Playing against a bunch of unemployed electricians was his golden opportunity not to be the worst player on the pitch. He didn't take it.

It is also unfortunate that with another year behind him Kurt looks like he is still learning how to kick a ball, furrowed brow and all. 

Bats was the big positive for me. Good movement good awareness good touch looks strong and hungry. St Pats keeper played out of his skin. 

Kovacic has a most impressive backside continuing our long tradition of big buttocked beauties. 

Super Frank showed a well honed ability to milk applause which, as we know, is a prerequisite for a successful Premier League manager. When his eyes met mine I nearly fainted but that could have been the burger. 

Overall a successful day out and no one got stabbed with a needle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad of 25 for the Japan trip :

Arrizabalaga, Caballero, Cumming

Azpiliceuta, Zappacosta, Alonso, Emerson, Luiz, Christensen, Tomori, Zouma

Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Barkley, Mount

Pedro, Pulisic, Kenedy, Palmer

Giroud, Abraham, Batshuayi

 

Ampadu going on loan so he can play alot of games, which makes sense ; I guess the main surprise is Kasey Palmer, and the disappointment, Ampadu aside, is that Bakayoko is still in there LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t that convinced by Palmer and I’m glad we still have Willian and cho to come back becoz that front seven isn’t all that scary to an opposition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Ampadu going on loan so he can play alot of games, which makes sense.

 

It would have made sense last season. A complete waste of a season for him. We did exactly the same with RLC, kept him around without ever getting much game-time, when he was perfectly ready to go out on loan. As a result he's further behind in his development than he ought to be. We really don't have a clue sometimes. Hopefully that will all change with the new regime, who seem invested in allowing these kids to fulfil themselves.

 

It's going to be interesting to see what Lampard does with Mount, Tomori and James. If they stay they have to get significant minutes. That means we would have to sell the likes of Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta and Zouma. I can't see any way Palmer is going to stay in the squad either.

 

It looks like Gilmour is the only player from the last squad to miss out.

 

It looks to me very much like we're going into the new season with 24 players, maximum 25. Rudiger, RLC, Willian and CHO will all make the squad, and possibly James too. 3 or 4 players are definitely getting sold, if we can find a buyer. It will be interesting to see if Kenedy stays at Alonso's expense.

 

Edit: 20 of our squad are already nailed-on. The rest of them are vying for 4 or 5 spots.

Edited by Davey Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ozboy said:

I wasn’t that convinced by Palmer and I’m glad we still have Willian and cho to come back becoz that front seven isn’t all that scary to an opposition. 

Kenedy can still improve imo and I think he will surprise people in pre-season, however most likely go on loan, but who knows if he impresses in pre-season may be with the squad this season. He played in a friendly 4 years ago against Barcelona and had a very good game and with Hazard imo was our best player. In pre-season, due to his direct nature and power, he will be a decent asset. It is just in the usual season when he will falter, but pre-season he will be a useful weapon. So I think the wingers going on tour with us have enough about them to trouble the opposing teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, STATS said:

Kenedy can still improve imo and I think he will surprise people in pre-season

IMHO he has the skills but the mental side of the game is lacking with him. He liked what I saw from him in the match vs Bohemians, but he was playing out of position. Still help setup the goal with Bats. Hope we can see more improvement from Kenedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, robdog said:

IMHO he has the skills but the mental side of the game is lacking with him. He liked what I saw from him in the match vs Bohemians, but he was playing out of position. Still help setup the goal with Bats. Hope we can see more improvement from Kenedy.

With Giroud you mean, the cross for the volleyed goal.

I like Kenedy, I think he's very talented, but like you said, the mental game is all over the place.  He seemed to have a really poor attitude at time with Newcastle and there was that match against Cardiff last August where he avoided a red card somehow and then missed the penalty in stoppage time.  Not to mention the videos he posted that were in poor taste while the club was in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

With Giroud you mean, the cross for the volleyed goal.

I like Kenedy, I think he's very talented, but like you said, the mental game is all over the place.  He seemed to have a really poor attitude at time with Newcastle and there was that match against Cardiff last August where he avoided a red card somehow and then missed the penalty in stoppage time.  Not to mention the videos he posted that were in poor taste while the club was in China.

nope - the  match vs Bohemians. Bats scored the goal.

 

 

Edited by robdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robdog said:

nope - the  match vs Bohemians. Bats scored the goal.

 

 

Ahh yes that one.  I was thinking of the second match where he provided the delivery for Giroud's first goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mwblue10 said:

Ahh yes that one.  I was thinking of the second match where he provided the delivery for Giroud's first goal.

I know mate that is why I put in the video, so you can see the actual play & the nice run by Kenedy 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...