Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Great video. The part when he scored his first Chelsea goal at the Bridge gave me goosebumps :smile:

Just think how hard kids work from a very young age and still most of them don't get a professional career. A colleague's son was in the FC Utrecht academy: the family also has to sacrifice a lot. The boy was released age 14 or 15 btw.

Anybody else notice the difference without him in the side? Very little pressing today. That might have been the tactics though, but if there was something different in this game it was the pressing. As soon as Mount came on we started pressing again in the last 10 minutes. 

Looks like he does play a very important role, the doubters will hopefully realise this. 

On 17/11/2019 at 22:31, Gol15 said:

I think he should start against Man City. Another goal threat and a tactical victory.

Well I still think this, had he started the game, we would kept the lead by the end of half time!

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Anybody else notice the difference without him in the side? Very little pressing today. That might have been the tactics though, but if there was something different in this game it was the pressing. As soon as Mount came on we started pressing again in the last 10 minutes. 

Looks like he does play a very important role, the doubters will hopefully realise this. 

I think he needed a rest though. He has been quiet in alot of games recently especially in our last game VS Palace.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I agree, brings so much youthful exuberance to the team and effectively runs our high press. Does Tammys running for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Wished Frank would stop playing him as a number 10. He isn't the same player.

I’d love to go back to the days of Robben, Duff and Cole where the opposition had no idea where they were playing because they’d constantly swap about. 

This guy is becoming a key player for me. He doesn't dominate games, but he has big moments in him and plays a big role in our attacking play. 

I can see a lot of potential in his partnership with Pulisic too. At the moment, they look like two players close to forming a lethal partnership, they just need to iron out the kinks.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

This guy is becoming a key player for me.

I was talking with someone before the game, and I said "I don't think Mason has scored since that ex-Arsenal #$$@er about broke his leg. Hopefully tonight's the night"..

I was wrong, he did have one goal after that, but he looked by FAR his most fit tonight... I think that ankle slowed him down more than anyone wanted to admit.

methode_times_prod_web_bin_b04d166e-d986-11e9-9cfd-b79996a387b0.jpg

First half I was actually disappointed in him, I thought he was poor in the West Ham game, but 2nd half he played much better. He's like a Dele Ali sort of player, that extra man in attack who makes the difference and gets himself into the right positions. 

Mount/Reuben 

Kante

Kovacic/Jorginho

I’d actually start Loftus Cheek ahead of Mount when fit, he brings something different to the team with his strength and drive. Mount is a great little player, but I feel Loftus Cheek’s presence would be felt more.

Barkley clearly has no room in the team. We should sell him.

1 minute ago, Deino said:

Don't know what he was doing today. Kept getting into Pulisic and Tammy's space. Whenever a through ball was on him and Tammy/Pulisic would be there at the same time.

When he does get the ball, he always wants to go for the shot even though the space is too crowded.

Only today? he's been average since the Ajax away game for me.

8 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don't know if it's a concidence but he's massively dropped off since Barkley's been frozen out.

Need to bring Gallagher back in January to keep him on his guard.

This applies to so many players in other positions, when De Gea was dropped for Spain Kepa started f**king up. I think there is good competition between Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic and you would say some fair competition between the CBs, but I feel the CBs are more anxious because of it, expect for Rudiger.

17 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don't know if it's a concidence but he's massively dropped off since Barkley's been frozen out.

Need to bring Gallagher back in January to keep him on his guard.

I honestly think that has nothing to do with it. Mount is a model pro and not the sort of player who would "ease up" due to lack of competition for places and Lamps wouldn't let that happen even if it were the case. No, he won't be the first player to see his form drop off and being only 20, that's also a big factor.

We could do with better options to rotate with the likes of Mount when they aren't in form and I hope RLC is not too far off as we have really missed what he gives us.