Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Came on, tried to make the difference. Attitude was great, it's a shame the rest didn't match it.

He tried. End of the day him starting would have made no difference. 

Frank has not made the most of his offensive players for me.

He has alienated Giroud and Batman is woefully short of confidence. We needed 2 up to in these home games and to play long balls looking for knock downs.

Hard for them to counter us if all our defenders and central midfield are in our own half waiting.

1 minute ago, robdog said:

I heard/read that Mount had a bust up with Guendouzi - now I know why - totally hilarious :Troll_Face:

Can't stand that overrated fraud Guendouzi, he's a sh*thouse and he's always making fouls and getting away with it. I've noticed about 4 red card incidents he should've had already this season, he was very very lucky to be on the pitch. 

I think Mount has been found out a little.

He still has a good work rate and closes down well yet when it recently comes to shooting either it gets charged down or straight at the keeper. 

I notice he always has a touch before he shoots and can't help wondering whether he can hit some of these chances first time.

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

He still has a good work rate and closes down well yet when it recently comes to shooting either it gets charged down or straight at the keeper. 

I notice he always has a touch before he shoots and can't help wondering whether he can hit some of these chances first time.

I agree,.. you can get up now.

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

If shooting is the barometer.. then same can be said of Pulisic and CHO every short they took got charged down.. i still havent seen as create any chances for him.. all three willian, Pulisic and Abraham took the wrong options today...  shooting when needed to pass and vice versa.. 

I think mount was ok without being spectacular.. but with Azpi on the left that wing is non existent... this team is screaming for a decent LB..

2 minutes ago, Jangz said:

If shooting is the barometer.. then same can be said of Pulisic and CHO every short they took got charged down.. i still havent seen as create any chances for him.. all three willian, Pulisic and Abraham took the wrong options today...  shooting when needed to pass and vice versa.. 

I think mount was ok without being spectacular.. but with Azpi on the left that wing is non existent... this team is screaming for a decent LB..

Both Pulisic and CHO did get shots charged down yet both also got shots through just a shame they were not on target.

20 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Think Lampard has over played him, but to be fair nobody else has stepped up when he's not playing well. RLC will be challenging for Mount's spot when game fit, and I have no idea what happened to Barkley, still injured or just not in the plan at all?

He was on the bench the previous two games but were unused.

I believed Barkley's days at Chelsea are over.

I think Mason plays a very good role in the side, but at the same time I don't think he has been good since his first 5-6 games here, he was immense early in the season and he's slowed down a bit now. But still, sometimes we look much worse when he isn't in the side, so that says something. 

5 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think Mason plays a very good role in the side, but at the same time I don't think he has been good since his first 5-6 games here, he was immense early in the season and he's slowed down a bit now. But still, sometimes we look much worse when he isn't in the side, so that says something. 

Isn't suppose to be the creative one though? he just doesn't do enough for me. Hes like Oscar, good off the ball but with the ball not great.

Edited by jack_super_class

Just now, jack_super_class said:

Isn't suppose to be the creative one though? he just doesn't do enough for me. Hes like Oscar, god off the ball but with the ball not great.

You expect more creativity in that area from a top side, he's like a Dele Alli sort of player, as much as I hate Alli I don't think Mason is on his level to be honest. I noticed in the 2nd half him and Pulisic played a great 1-2 and Mason didn't even bother looking where Pulisic was running who for a period of seconds was open on the left side, all Mason thought about was a long range shot. 

55 minutes ago, Slojo said:

You expect more creativity in that area from a top side, he's like a Dele Alli sort of player, as much as I hate Alli I don't think Mason is on his level to be honest. I noticed in the 2nd half him and Pulisic played a great 1-2 and Mason didn't even bother looking where Pulisic was running who for a period of seconds was open on the left side, all Mason thought about was a long range shot. 

Have to agree here, I think the main issue was Mount was just rushed into the team and him playing pretty much every game despite bad performances for a while now doesnt help.

My main gripe with mount is his lack of vision.

I think he has got a killer pass in his locker, but he plays with his head down alot.

Top midfielders know where they are going to play next before they receive the ball, mount just tends to react, he needs to show more guile. He picks the ball up in fantastic areas, but by the time he has picked his head up, the opportunity has gone, and he ends playing simple passes. 

Certainly not the only one with this problem, pulisic and CHO, are gulity of this aswell.

Maybe it is a case of him getting used to the speed of the prem.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Mount is struggling right now, but I think much of the fanbase is very harsh on him. In an ideal situation, Mount would have been a squad player this season, but circumstances have forced Lampard to use him as a key player (transfer ban, underperforming players)

Lampard would probably have preferred to bring him in slowly, like he has done with Reece James.

36 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I think Mount is struggling right now, but I think much of the fanbase is very harsh on him. In an ideal situation, Mount would have been a squad player this season, but circumstances have forced Lampard to use him as a key player (transfer ban, underperforming players)

Lampard would probably have preferred to bring him in slowly, like he has done with Reece James.

When you mean fanbase I assume you mean in the ground and not here.

I think here up until the last couple of matches we all thought he was important in leading by example in closing down the opposition.

Only now are we suggesting using other palers as we need something more in attack.

Agreed they have been harsh (I hate seeing that kind of vitriol) but a part of that is down to him being an undeserved first choice player. He shouldn't be and fans are rightfully frustrated. I don't know when last I've seen our team so incapable of playing in tight spaces. And yet we have Kovacic, Pedro and of course Pulisic (injury aside) around. Most chances right now are being wasted because the guys in high positions (Mount, Tammy, Willian and Kante) have poor control, play badly weighted passes or can't see past their nose.