Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, Mr. President said:

Not a mistake.
An unacceptable mistake that with a decent coach he would not put his boots back on.

Nothing new in this championship player who believes himself to be another rockstar, Lampard's fetish, one more.
On our beautiful cross.

I am glad real coaches don’t act like this.. any player can cost a team a goal.. kova the penalty against Watford, Jorginho Mancity first game very similar, Kante against arsenal..  I have not heard or seen anything which says he considers himself a rock star.. he does come across as a confident lad and that’s what you want..

Ppl keep harping upon youngsters not getting a chance and when they make mistakes comments like these crop up.

9 minutes ago, Jangz said:

I am glad real coaches don’t act like this.. any player can cost a team a goal.. kova the penalty against Watford, Jorginho Mancity first game very similar, Kante against arsenal..  I have not heard or seen anything which says he considers himself a rock star.. he does come across as a confident lad and that’s what you want..

Ppl keep harping upon youngsters not getting a chance and when they make mistakes comments like these crop up.

It is pathetic. The general conception at the beginning of the season was that we are a team in transition. Many saw reaching the UCL as a very optimistic bonus, however that is now looking a reality. There has been stages throughout the season where Mount was considered our best prospect, then Abraham, then James but the minute they have dip in form, the stark contrast in opinions is amazing. No patience for the young ones at all. They have all had strong moments in the season and moments where they have faded out, however I think that was expected but a a whole, the experience gained will continue to make them better players and some of the comments, I think some of our critics will be looking at themselves in shame in the long run.

Edited by STATS

15 minutes ago, STATS said:

It is pathetic. The general conception at the beginning of the season was that we are a team in transition. Many saw reaching the UCL as a very optimistic bonus, however that is now looking a reality. There has been stages throughout the season where Mount was considered our best prospect, then Abraham, then James but the minute they have dip in form, the stark contrast in opinions is amazing. No patience for the young ones at all. They have all had strong moments in the season and moments where they have faded out, however I think that was expected but a a whole, the experience gained will continue to make them better players and some of the comments, I think some of our critics will be looking at themselves in shame in the long run.

I absolutely agree with you and not all of them will be first team quality but very good squad options... successful teams that fergie built always had a bunch of his squad players made from academy... phill, John o’shea, Evans, Fletcher, Nicky butt,  even barca and Madrid had that.. if nothing else these players will keep us from spending on the Bats, Zappa, Baka’ and Barkley’s of the world.. so we can spend on real top class talent!

He is still a great asset against top teams or teams that are willing to fight a little bit. When we need him to create, make assists, score goals against well defending opponent, he is nowhere to be found. 

We should simply either play him deeper right next to Jorginho/Gilmour or not play him at all in such games. 

Spot on! Been thinking about this & he reminds me of Oscar under Mourinho; brilliant off the ball but not creative enough to warrant playing that far up the pitch. He will stand out in the big games but against the smaller teams doesn’t do enough on the ball.

I know fans are saying we should focus on defence instead of buying Havertz but we desperately need some creativity in the team. When you look at the big chances created in the PL, De Bruyne is so far ahead of everyone with 30, Willian is joint 7th with 12 & Mount joint 29th with 7. 

Pff, don't remind me. Because of this guy and his working ethics we missed a chance to build a team with Hazard - De Brewin - Salah, followed later with Cesc behind and Diego in front.  

This rings a bell in my head now. I do like Mount, but so does Frankie. I'm afraid now that he might be first option for the position he is not good at ahead of the likes of Hakim or Christian.

4 hours ago, Droopy said:

Pff, don't remind me. Because of this guy and his working ethics we missed a chance to build a team with Hazard - De Brewin - Salah, followed later with Cesc behind and Diego in front.  

This rings a bell in my head now. I do like Mount, but so does Frankie. I'm afraid now that he might be first option for the position he is not good at ahead of the likes of Hakim or Christian.

You’re right, I really hope having Rudiger doesn’t stop Werner getting game time too. 

If I'm going to be completely honest, I'm a bit mixed on Mason Mount. 

I feel as though he's overrated on this forum, and very underrated on social media, it's weird. I'm more in the middle, I think he's good, but not good enough to be playing as much as he is, if we want to challenge for titles we will need better quality there. 

6 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I feel as though he's overrated on this forum, and very underrated on social media, it's weird. I'm more in the middle, I think he's good, but not good enough to be playing as much as he is, if we want to challenge for titles we will need better quality there. 

He's good player but he reminds me of Tom Cleverly good squad depth player good work rate will give you a shift  and all but isn't going to pull up any trees

8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

He's good player but he reminds me of Tom Cleverly good squad depth player good work rate will give you a shift  and all but isn't going to pull up any trees

Oh I don't know about that, Tom Cleverly was never United material to begin with. Mason actually has a lot of talent at a younger age, he's very good, but for me he's a squad player at best right now. He lacks the creativity to make the big difference here, but he's the type of player you want to bring on and play in certain games when we pressure sides and need an extra man running into the box. 

To play him nearly 38 games a season... Hmm, no I think I have to disagree with that, he isn't that good. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

He's the type that can perfectly compliment a world class group of players, like what Pedro did at Barcelona.

6 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

"Hey Lionel. You're f**king awesome. Sergio. You make this team tick."

I'm confused, are you implying that I'm implying that Pedro was more/as important to Barca than Messi and Busquets?

24 minutes ago, Argo said:

He's the type that can perfectly compliment a world class group of players, like what Pedro did at Barcelona.

Would be good if we had a world class group of players, but we don't. 

20 hours ago, Mr. President said:

Not a mistake.
An unacceptable mistake that with a decent coach he would not put his boots back on.

Nothing new in this championship player who believes himself to be another rockstar, Lampard's fetish, one more.
On our beautiful cross.

Think you should stick to tweeting Donald.

Mount has played all games this season. Obviously in some of them he didn't look that good, if he looked great in all games he would already be in England's starting 11 by now. Even the very best players look average from time to time.

6 goals and 5 assists for a player that has mostly been a hard worker with his pressing is a good end product when you add that this is his first season and that he's only 21 years old. There is doubt that Lampard simply overplayed him this season due to the lack of other options but he is a strong young player, sure his last game he wasn't at all that influential but the previous one his coverage all around the midfield was amazing, he made Kante,Jorginho,Kovacic,Barkley look like second hand choices there for his midfield spot.

Out of all our youngsters he has settled the best in the club, sure he's a favourite of Lampard but he's doing a lot of things that are needed to be done out there on the pitch. 

I dare to say that Mount has been as good, and if not less wasteful than KDB when KDB was his age. And KDB is now by far the best midfielder in the league.

Mount can become world class in 2 seasons, if he keeps improving, by the time he's 23-24 he'll be among the best players in the league, no doubt about it.

Edited by Gol15