Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Tip top performance from Mason, capped with a great corner for Kurt's goal. You can see why Frank wants him on the pitch each game. His  energy and workrate are superb and he can just make a yard of space in a tight spot when it matters.

Not a good day for the footballing hipsters though. Mount and Kante just about the best two on the pitch against a very tough team to break down. 

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Tip top performance from Mason, capped with a great corner for Kurt's goal. You can see why Frank wants him on the pitch each game. His  energy and workrate are superb and he can just make a yard of space in a tight spot when it matters.

Not a good day for the footballing hipsters though. Mount and Kante just about the best two on the pitch against a very tough team to break down. 

I thought the football hipsters loved Mount? 

I'm a football hipster. Kante did well today and that surprised me. But I love Mount, I think he's crucial. 

It's all about balance. Players compliment each other. Havertz is undoubtedly talented, he likes to wander and possibly a little light weight at present. To get the best out of him place two workers alongside, suddenly we see a trio that go well together.

46 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I thought the football hipsters loved Mount? 

I'm a football hipster. Kante did well today and that surprised me. But I love Mount, I think he's crucial. 

Boy does this board have the tendency to go to extremes. There's never a middle-ground. The player is either sh*t or great, depending on how he performs on a few matches (sometimes even one match). Players can have sh*t matches or great matches, and it'd be great if people could be a bit more measured in their assessments. 

Keep him off the wing Frank. Harms our team fitting square pegs into round holes. Good performance. Impressed with his movement and ability to wiggle out and create space in tight spaces. Only improvement i would like to see is more vision at being able to unlock defences.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

The thing is they have and will come out of hiding next time he has a below par game.

I think the appropriate word is cowards.

Yeah. But honestly social media in general is pretty much 95% people who'd have nothing to say if they were in the same room with you but enjoy abusing others behind a keyboard. 

Who cares what Twitter has to say about anything.

7 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Yeah. But honestly social media in general is pretty much 95% people who'd have nothing to say if they were in the same room with you but enjoy abusing others behind a keyboard. 

Who cares what Twitter has to say about anything.

Never been near Twitter, twatter or face book or any of that sh*t, what have i missed?

6 hours ago, TheSage said:

Boy does this board have the tendency to go to extremes. There's never a middle-ground. The player is either sh*t or great, depending on how he performs on a few matches (sometimes even one match). Players can have sh*t matches or great matches, and it'd be great if people could be a bit more measured in their assessments. 

I think what you find is that the people who slag him off go quiet after a game like this. I (and a number of others) have been quite consistent in thinking he's class. Also number of posters have said he's sh*t out wide (I think he is ok) and a number think he needs to be rested more. All valid opinions and don't conflict with the praise he's getting now. 

Just now, Kev56 said:

Never been near Twitter, twatter or face book or any of that sh*t, what have i missed?

When chelsea post a line up the comments are about 50% complaining that Mount is playing. It's f**king awful. Made worse by the fact it's clearly a bunch of people who have never set foot in stamford bridge. Mount seems to have a solid head on his shoulders thank God otherwise the abuse he gets could really damage him, especially without the real fans backing him every week in the ground. 

It's okay that Lampard has tried him on the wing, there is no problem to see a player playing in two positions, but that's clearly that Mount's best position is CM. 

He has the good technique for running possession and control the game, he has the clean pass and through ball ability. He's got everything you want to see from a proper CM.

Keep it running, Mason!

Like most people have said all season, it’s not Mason’s fault that Frank regularly throws him in any position. Today is his best position and every fan could see this. It was infuriating that our manager couldn’t but I’m glad that yet another managerial experiment is over. 

Mount as an 8, Havertz central too. It’s basically what we have wanted for ages. 

So happy for Mason too. 

42 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Like most people have said all season, it’s not Mason’s fault that Frank regularly throws him in any position. Today is his best position and every fan could see this. It was infuriating that our manager couldn’t but I’m glad that yet another managerial experiment is over. 

Mount as an 8, Havertz central too. It’s basically what we have wanted for ages. 

So happy for Mason too. 

It wasn't an experiment. Frank decided that Mason would be better on the wing than CHO. That's it. Frank never thought Mason was better on the wing than in midfield, just that the team would be stronger in those games if Mason player there. 

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

When chelsea post a line up the comments are about 50% complaining that Mount is playing. It's f**king awful. Made worse by the fact it's clearly a bunch of people who have never set foot in stamford bridge. Mount seems to have a solid head on his shoulders thank God otherwise the abuse he gets could really damage him, especially without the real fans backing him every week in the ground. 

Like i said i don't go anywhere near that crap. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

It wasn't an experiment. Frank decided that Mason would be better on the wing than CHO. That's it. Frank never thought Mason was better on the wing than in midfield, just that the team would be stronger in those games if Mason player there. 

Frank used Mount where he was needed at the time due to player availability and the teams we were playing with players out, its so obvious yet people just ignore this. As you say it was never about Frank thinking he us a winger, and he didn't even player as a winger in those games. People see the formation on a graphic before the game and think that's it, players stand in that exact position for 90 minutes.

37 minutes ago, dkw said:

Frank used Mount where he was needed at the time due to player availability and the teams we were playing with players out, its so obvious yet people just ignore this. As you say it was never about Frank thinking he us a winger, and he didn't even player as a winger in those games. People see the formation on a graphic before the game and think that's it, players stand in that exact position for 90 minutes.

Think you are bang on the money.

You can just tell MM has a brilliant attitude, will play anywhere he is asked, will always give 100% and knocks his boll**ks out every game.

Someone else said he’s a managers dream - absofuc*inglutely he is.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

100% correct

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Not really, CHO could've played those games.