Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

23 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Can you guys remember on which match he started to kick it up a notch? I thought he was ok last season but his growth has been tremendous

I don’t think there was a flick of a switch. For me he has been one of our most consistent performers since coming back from loan. It’s just that he is maturing and gaining strength and confidence. Still only 22 and has a few more years of development. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Baba said:

Disappointing performance tonight from him. Could've done much better. 

Agreed. Think if we were looking to score a second it was a mistake taking Pulisic off instead of Mason. On the other hand if TT had settled for 1-1 at that point then job done.

4 hours ago, Baba said:

Disappointing performance tonight from him. Could've done much better. 

I thought he did his role tonight and an example of why he is so valuable....he was asked to drop to the midfield and disrupt the middle of the park. And that's exactly what he did.   Modric and Kroos had subpar games to be kind.....Masterstroke from TT 

Edited by Browerkid

2 hours ago, turnyitb said:

Unbelievable people think he was disappointing.

Mason becoming a victim of his own success. 

Expectation levels for him are so high now that some expect MOTM performances from him every time he plays. 

The level of consistency he has shown for us in his 100 appearances at just the age of 22 is phenomenal. 

Mason is so good. Look at how comfortable he was against Real Madrid in Champions League semifinal. He always shows up, he always tries to make everyone else better, his first touch is one of the best in the world, he always tries to penetrate defences, he tries to shoot and he knows a trick in a right place might make a difference in making the final. 

He is the most important player in Chelsea FC at 22. 

When Azpi finishes with us Mason is the natural captain. 

12 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Captain for me next season if T.Silva isn’t on the pitch. Leads by example and always see him communicating with his team mates. 

I would give him the armband even with Silva on the pitch. Get him used to it now, just like we did with Terry.

49 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I tell you this kid will become World class, that touch for Havs first goal, oh my if Neymar or Messi did that the replays and credit given for such ability, he's the best English player in the PL by far...

I have no doubt he will become World Class, he has the right attitude to carry on improving. Positional awareness for a player his age is exceptional, add to that an exquisite first touch and he is becoming a complete player. 

Just love Mount - he is Chelsea through and through. He's got such a good all round game. He comes across as a lad who knows how lucky he is to be playing football for a living and he's not going to waste one single minute of it. His energy and tenacity means even when he isn't at his best, he's a player we can't really do without. And he will only get better.

Mount is very special.

I hear a certain argument quite a lot on this forum, something along the lines of: "Oh, Chelsea fans don't appreciate (INSERT NAME OF TAMMY, REECE, CHO) because he came through the youth team. I bet if he was a £50m (INSERT OTHER NATIONALITY) all of this forum would be crying out for us to sign him"

But basically, pretty much to the the man/women, we all adore Mason. That is because he is a truly special player, works his socks off, never gives up and is proper Chels.

Perhaps if those other players worked as hard and delivered as often as Mason, they would all be getting the same opportunities and would be less divisive.

A key player for Chelsea, and England, for years to come.

49 minutes ago, charierre said:

I never get tired of praising him. He is exactly my type of player who I enjoy watching the most.

His class shone when SFL had him at Derby, he just oozes that sort of a young David platt, effortless ease....(I am struggling to think of someone he reminds me of, a Laudrup maybe, certainly not your typical English Mid, in the Lamps/Gerrard mould..