Jump to content

Argo

Mason Mount

Recommended Posts

The problem is, people expecting a young player who turned 21 last month to be a world beater. For all of our young players returning from loan, this is the first time playing at this level.

He has 5 goals and 4 assists in his first season already. He has been playinh through pain for a few months too. We are expecting way too much, too soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, enigma said:

The problem is, people expecting a young player who turned 21 last month to be a world beater. For all of our young players returning from loan, this is the first time playing at this level.

He has 5 goals and 4 assists in his first season already. He has been playinh through pain for a few months too. We are expecting way too much, too soon. 

This is the point, lets look at Gnarby a player who flopped at Arse and then was sh*te at West Brom, now a few years later looks a worldie you need to give younger players more time to develop 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

This is the point, lets look at Gnarby a player who flopped at Arse and then was sh*te at West Brom, now a few years later looks a worldie you need to give younger players more time to develop 

Then again Gnabry has only scored against Spurs and Chelsea in the CL ... he's not done a lot in the other CL games Bayern have had ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tend to hype these young players when we want to and take a different approach when they get outclassed, it's like selective seeing.

Every young player will have ups and downs but it seems when it comes certain individuals at CFC they are above any form for criticism while others just get abuse constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the occasion got to him mentally as he seemed to be over thinking with the ball at his feet.  Understandably given the context, and time playing these types of games should sort that out.

 

Still think he created some of our best chances despite that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Then again Gnabry has only scored against Spurs and Chelsea in the CL ... he's not done a lot in the other CL games Bayern have had ...

I know the league is not as competitive as PL, but he has 17 goals this season. That is magnificent and he genuinely looks a top player. He would walk into that Arsenal team now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, STATS said:

I know the league is not as competitive as PL, but he has 17 goals this season. That is magnificent and he genuinely looks a top player. He would walk into that Arsenal team now.

Fair to say the Premier League isn't the best league to learn in. Messrs Salah and De Bruyne demonstrate that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Brutos said:

We tend to hype these young players when we want to and take a different approach when they get outclassed, it's like selective seeing.

Every young player will have ups and downs but it seems when it comes certain individuals at CFC they are above any form for criticism while others just get abuse constantly.

Yep.Somebody here should state when is it going to be okay to criticise these "young" players haha I'm a bit dissapointed with Mount actually.I thought that he looked a lot more mature on the ball at the start of the season than he does now.

Edited by mm24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2020 at 15:37, Sexyfootball said:

Then again Gnabry has only scored against Spurs and Chelsea in the CL ... he's not done a lot in the other CL games Bayern have had ...

So he’s basically Bayern’s Marcos Alonso?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to really show up against Everton, he has been missing shots and not creating enough, really needs to do better in the final third specially now with all the injuries, running around without the ball isn't going to cut it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was good last night. The pressure he put Liverpool under was immense and led to countless turnovers of possession. I loved seeing us press deep into their third and force the ball out for a throw in in the corner. 

He could have squared it for Giroud rather than go for glory, but don't think he had a bad game at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2020 at 19:44, Vagabond said:

Well, apparently most people here "kind of liked" his performance and I'm the only one that thinks he was slow in general and didn't see his teammates on multiple occasions. Mason got dominated by a player two years younger than him. Davies is not even in their standard starting XI. If that's good enough for you, fine.

He didn't play in his natural position, I understand that. What I don't understand is how anybody could think that was an acceptable individual performance and even praise him. Seems to me like most here are in denial. Just stop it with the excuses for him.

Yes he is, have you even watched Bayern this year? Davies has started the majority of games at LB this year for them, With Alaba going into the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

He needs to really show up against Everton, he has been missing shots and not creating enough, really needs to do better in the final third specially now with all the injuries, running around without the ball isn't going to cut it now.

Give him a chance ffs, he’s only 20. I think he’s had a brilliant season for us so far, imagine how good he could be after a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Give him a chance ffs, he’s only 20. I think he’s had a brilliant season for us so far, imagine how good he could be after a few years.

I'm giving him a chance but he needs to do better, it has been a while since he scored or assisted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mason Mount really starting to look like Frank's biggest problem and a bit of a pet, not technical enough, doesn't score enough. I'm not sure if a youngsters best attribute is ability to press should put him on a front line like Chelsea. Interesting how many academy players have a clean first touch, yet the one with the most playing time, the ball comes off his foot heavy so often.

I don't get Frank's typical "we weren't clinical enough" comments after games, yet Mount starts so frequently. Very awkward shot too from the run, always seems to be falling after wards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Give him a chance ffs, he’s only 20. I think he’s had a brilliant season for us so far, imagine how good he could be after a few years.

I agree but I think he has a point, as much as it pains me to admit it. How he didn't square an obvious ball like that yesterday was ridiculous. Great youngster, unfair scapegoat, lots of potential. But these are Chelsea standards, we need to expect better, don't get me wrong youngsters do deserve the benefit of the doubt and we should always lower our expectations in comparison to our senior players, but Mount does need to step up, he has been too wasteful in the final 3rd for a while now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

Mason Mount really starting to look like Frank's biggest problem and a bit of a pet, not technical enough, doesn't score enough. I'm not sure if a youngsters best attribute is ability to press should put him on a front line like Chelsea. Interesting how many academy players have a clean first touch, yet the one with the most playing time, the ball comes off his foot heavy so often.

I don't get Frank's typical "we weren't clinical enough" comments after games, yet Mount starts so frequently. Very awkward shot too from the run, always seems to be falling after wards.

Who else is he supposed to play over Mount? Kante and RLC have been injured most the season, Jorginho is suspended because he can't track a man and has to constantly foul, Kovacic pulled up last night, Barkley has been sh*t most of his chelsea career. 

 

Christ people love to moan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Yes he is, have you even watched Bayern this year? Davies has started the majority of games at LB this year for them, With Alaba going into the middle. 

lol, ok. So why exactly is Alaba playing in the middle then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

lol, ok. So why exactly is Alaba playing in the middle then?

Because he is soooo good. 

They had an injury crisis so Alaba became a CB and a pretty good one it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Because he is soooo good. 

They had an injury crisis so Alaba became a CB and a pretty good one it seems. 

Both Süle and Hernandez are out since October to be exact, which is the only reason Alaba plays CB instead of LB and the only reason Davies is even in their starting XI.

Edited by Vagabond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vagabond said:

lol, ok. So why exactly is Alaba playing in the middle then?

Ask their manager. 

 

3 hours ago, Vagabond said:

Both Süle and Hernandez are out since October to be exact, which is the only reason Alaba plays CB instead of LB and the only reason Davies is even in their starting XI.

And look how well they're doing without them, i'll put money on Davies stays at LB once both are back fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slojo said:

. How he didn't square an obvious ball like that yesterday was ridiculous

Not sure if you saw it after the fact, but he looked over and said "I was offsides", so I think he intentionally took a big swing at it and sent it to the stands.

Square it anyway and make them make a call, so that comes with maturity 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Not sure if you saw it after the fact, but he looked over and said "I was offsides", so I think he intentionally took a big swing at it and sent it to the stands.

Square it anyway and make them make a call, so that comes with maturity 

 

 

I didn't see that, that's still an inexperienced move though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

And look how well they're doing without them, i'll put money on Davies stays at LB once both are back fit. 

I'd love that scenario as it would mean there's a high chance of Alaba leaving in the summer. I doubt it though. Still, the fact remains that Davies only got into their squad because of their injury list, not because he displaced Alaba or Alaba displaced their CBs. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...