13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If some Chelsea fans can't understand why he starts then they aren't watching close enough. Without him today, we don't get 3 goals, I would be suprised if we even got one. Just because he isn't always trying to be flashy, it doesn't mean he isn't one of our key players.

You can't underestimate just how much he dictates the tempo of our attacks. He isn't just running around like a headless chicken, he's forcing things to happen, he's making the opposition work and making it difficult for them. The rest of the team need to look at him as an example of how to approach a game of football. I hate talking up Liverpool, but this is why they do so well. They aren't always flashy, but their players are always playing at the tempo Mount plays at, it's a requirement if you want to be successful in today's game. 

It's disgusting somne of the stick he gets, for years fans have been desperate to see one of our youth players come in and become a starter and have an impact on games. Now we have one and our amazing "fans" call him out as Frank's favourite just because he gets picked ahead of their favourite foreign player that we bought. Bunch of absolute morons. 

Absolutely key to find someone who can play with Havertz and Mount in a midfield three.

From what I've seen so far, it isn't Jorginho, Kante or Kovacic., all of whom sound good on paper, but in reality don't quite offer enough in either a defensive or an offensive midfield capacity.

Barkley should start if Havertz and Mount need rotation.

29 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

He needs to play deeper in midfield. I don’t care if he can’t defend like Kante of Kova - none of them can anyway. The space it creates by having him in midfield is essential. Honestly best player we have at the moment imo. 

I honestly think he's at his best when he's being played closer to goal, where he can interplay with other attackers, be a threat on goal and trigger our pressing. I think Kovacic offers a lot more deeper in midfield as he is a way better ball carrier, who can be a link between defence and attack. He's also a lot more press resistant than Mount and I also think he has the edge when it comes to long passing.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

If some Chelsea fans can't understand why he starts then they aren't watching close enough. Without him today, we don't get 3 goals, I would be suprised if we even got one. Just because he isn't always trying to be flashy, it doesn't mean he isn't one of our key players.

You can't underestimate just how much he dictates the tempo of our attacks. He isn't just running around like a headless chicken, he's forcing things to happen, he's making the opposition work and making it difficult for them. The rest of the team need to look at him as an example of how to approach a game of football. I hate talking up Liverpool, but this is why they do so well. They aren't always flashy, but their players are always playing at the tempo Mount plays at, it's a requirement if you want to be successful in today's game. 

Fans like him they just dont want to see him starting out wide. Playing him outwide is a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

I honestly think he's at his best when he's being played closer to goal, where he can interplay with other attackers, be a threat on goal and trigger our pressing. I think Kovacic offers a lot more deeper in midfield as he is a way better ball carrier, who can be a link between defence and attack. He's also a lot more press resistant than Mount and I also think he has the edge when it comes to long passing.

Fully agree, he would be totally wasted deep as he brings an impetus to our attack, he controls the pace we play at. The worst thing to do would be to drop him deep and take that from the team. 

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

Fully agree, he would be totally wasted deep as he brings an impetus to our attack, he controls the pace we play at. The worst thing to do would be to drop him deep and take that from the team. 

I imagine the reason Frank wants someone like Rice is to sit him in front of the central defenders as a true DM, enabling Mount and Havertz to play in front of him, and linking to the attackers.

So the front six would look something like this :

image.png.e980362368a44ba8cbc55df5cf21e076.png

I think you've got to put your best and most influential players in the positions where they can have their biggest impact on the match, so you prioritise the roles for the likes of Mount and Havertz that set the tempo and tone for the whole team, rather than say trying to fit Kante, Kovacic or Jorginho into a system that doesn't particularly suit them.

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

So the front six would look something like this :

image.png.e980362368a44ba8cbc55df5cf21e076.png

Agree with this 100%, but then do we not need another right winger? I know Havertz and Werner can play on the wing but that’s hardly ideal, anyway doubt we’ll bring one in now. 

Edited by Floyd25
4 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

Like a no.8 role, or more advanced than that?  My thought was a no.8 role, but see his strengths leading the press from a more advanced position also.

2 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Like a no.8 role, or more advanced than that?  My thought was a no.8 role, but see his strengths leading the press from a more advanced position also.

I think he could be quite good as a number 8, but I don't feel he can be elite in that position. For me the position that suits his strenths the most is no. 10.

Outside of the goal I don’t see what he did that warrant all that praise apart of being Lampards boy so he he guaranteed a starting place every match. Square pegs round holds comes to mind. I see him benching Kai, kante Kova or Hakem to fit mount in on wings on centrally 

Been our best player so far this season. 

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

Outside of the goal I don’t see what he did that warrant all that praise. 

Then you're only seeing what you want to see and no amount of discussion or analysis will convince you otherwise. 

Mount is a fantastic prospect, and he does get over criticised. 

However if anyone is wondering why he gets some stick, you only have to look at those 2 passes tonight. Shouldve killed the game, but playing 2 really sloppy final passes. Emerson probably made an error for the goal, but those 2 moments from mount are as bad as a defender gifting a good chance. 

Needs to iron these out if he is going to reach the next level.

13 minutes ago, big blue said:

However if anyone is wondering why he gets some stick, you only have to look at those 2 passes tonight. Shouldve killed the game, but playing 2 really sloppy final passes. Emerson probably made an error for the goal, but those 2 moments from mount are as bad as a defender gifting a good chance. 

Then misses the pen!

Bad day at the office today. 

13 minutes ago, big blue said:

Doesn't help that Frank plays him every minute of every game when we also have Barkley, Loftus Cheek and Havertz. Baffling.