I always thought before this season started both Mason and James would be backups,i know dave has been insted of James but Mason should have someone before him,there is no doubt they would have become first team players,just needed a bit more protection and time to rest.

9 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

I can imagine. Proper cringeworthy 'fans' that will no doubt be picked up by journos seeing the tweets and get published tomorrow, making us all look a bunch of pricks.

Steer clear buddy, we won't have any of that here. The day this place gets swamped with crap like that is the day it gets cancelled.

Its not far off as bad in the Frank Lampard thread and the match day threads unfortunately. Some proper social media bellends have infested this board lately, including one absolute massive whopper who has an avatar of Lampard with  red circle and line through it. 

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Its not far off as bad in the Frank Lampard thread and the match day threads unfortunately. Some proper social media bellends have infested this board lately, including one absolute massive whopper who has an avatar of Lampard with  red circle and line through it. 

Maybe we should let them know there's a club in the Spanish capital that suit their brand of support a bit more....

This was poor penalty selection and Mount is the last man that should be blamed for it. The worst takers should be first or second - in case they miss the goalie would have time to bring us back. Emerson 4th was just as dumb as youngsters like Mount, Abraham and Lukaku taking the fifth. The importance of the 3rd penalty is just some form of dumb superstition. Actually it's the second least important after the second penalty because even the fourth can end up the match. The first is important to start well, the fourth and fifth can win it or lose it. 

Should have been 1) Abraham, 2) Emerson, 3) Mount, 4) Dave, 5) Jorginho

Also, why is Emerson taking a penalty? Where were Werner, Hudson Odoi? Aren't they supposed to be good as goalscorers? 

This whole selection was a mess and it's on coaching stuff if something. I don't know what they told to Mendy but it's either been something incredibly stupid or he must have understood exactly the opposite of the instructions. 

Anyway it didn't work out, we move on. Instead of focusing on the penalty, we should work with Mason and his final pass. It hasn't been good and for the position he's playing this is a problem. 

12 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

I can imagine. Proper cringeworthy 'fans' that will no doubt be picked up by journos seeing the tweets and get published tomorrow, making us all look a bunch of pricks.

Steer clear buddy, we won't have any of that here. The day this place gets swamped with crap like that is the day it gets cancelled.

Twitter really is the biggest collection of dipsh*ts ever assembled. When Havertz was subbed off in his first game I accidentally opened the replies to the clubs tweet about it and nearly had a brain aneurism at the sh*t flow

Edited by Stim

Penalty misses just happen and I will never ever hold it against players (missed the last penalty of the shootout myself in my youth many many many years ago. Game was far from PL level obviously, but I was so gutted I let everybody down).

That being said, I thought he had a horrible game yesterday. He was supposed to get our attack going, but looked completely disjointed from the rest of our team even in the first half where we completely controlled the game. Missing that simple pass to Werner... well. Our worst player on the pitch until Emerson came on.

Obviously I won't judge him because of one game, maybe it's down to fatigue or maybe a general lack of vision and passing quality. What's annoying is that the youth fanatics here are living in denial about it, acting like there is no issue.

5 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I think the 5th pen in a shootout is too much pressure for a young player, Lukaku, Tammy and now Mount has missed it for us. I think the best takers should be first and last.

The problem with putting one of your best at 5th is that you may actually not get the chance to take the 5th penalty. I believe not too long ago Portugal was in a penalty shootout with Ronaldo scheduled to take the 5th and he never took one. I have no issue with how Lampard lined up his takers. It just so happens that Mount missed.  

4 hours ago, Argo said:

Yeah because we gave Terry a terrible time after Moscow :face_palm:

Wtf are you talking about, if Jorginho or Emerson missed their penalty the abuse they would have received is nothing compared to what Mount is getting.

It seems it's one rule for the natives and another for foreign player's which I have noticed a few year's now.

You see it on social and just check Jorginho/Emerson/Alonso/Rudi/Christensen thread

I think Mount is crucial to the team and needs to start every EPL and CL match. 

He my not be a 90 min player with the shift he puts in.

He is not naturally gifted enough to command one position he is more an all-rounder in the midfield attacking space.

Once we have our CL chasing team he might find himself on the bench yet we are not there yet so Mount starts for me,

If he is not playing who takes our corners?

34 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Abraham wasn't really warmly embraced....

I disagree, hes one of the muppets that thinks we only play English players because of Frank Lampards bias, thats the only reason Mount is playing. Anyone who thinks that is instantly a f**kwit.

21 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Wtf are you talking about, if Jorginho or Emerson missed their penalty the abuse they would have received is nothing compared to what Mount is getting.

Youre arguing against yourself now 😅

55 minutes ago, dkw said:

I disagree, hes one of the muppets that thinks we only play English players because of Frank Lampards bias, thats the only reason Mount is playing. Anyone who thinks that is instantly a f**kwit.

Not in my book, I've seen plenty of Brutos' posts I agree with... And please don't say I'm a f**kwit too 😳 Oh, Dicky, has it come to this between us :laugh2:

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Please point to any post where I said we only play English player's because of Frank......I will wait........

And if that's the case I would have an issue with Reece, CHO, RLC, Barkley, Tammy ( I don't think he's starter that's all), Chilwell

So yeah go find those post and tag me....

8 hours ago, Brutos said:

Kinda funny though because if a certain other player/players had missed their penalty the sympathy being shown here wouldnt be found for them.

Like who though?? Nobody in a penalty shoot out that I know of has been slandered on here. Tammy was defended by everyone on this forum after he missed in the Super Cup. 

Obviously there's incidents like Barkley's miss against Valencia which got him a lot of criticism. That's mostly because he wanted to be the one to take it and had a horrible game, then to top it off missed a winning penalty. 

Penalty shoot outs are completely different, and being a 5th place penalty taker is never easy, especially for a youngster.