4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

When chelsea post a line up the comments are about 50% complaining that Mount is playing. It's f**king awful. 

Someone needs to tell them there's a club in the Spanish capital that suit their brand of 'support'.

9 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

Very good performance yesterday. Long passing and corners especially were on point, but also apart from that he did very well. I hope he continues playing in midfield now and we don't have to see him on the wing anymore.

CHO deserves more playtime if Pulisic is not going to play. Mount should stay in the central midfield, him and Kai can become the best midfield duo in the league.

Mason Mount, love him. 

Who would've thought we'd see a young English lad establish himself, coming through the youth team, in the Abramovich era? 

He's already a quality player and given his age he's only going to get better and better over the coming years. 

He already looks a future captain in the making as well. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Not really, CHO could've played those games. 

I think people intentionally forget he was available to justify the error in playing Mount where he was played. 

Anyone with a brain can watch us against Burnley and realise where Mount should be played. 

2 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

I don’t get the social media abuse of Mount, I really don’t. We have been moaning for years about bringing through players and when we do, they get absolutely vilified after a poor performance. 

I hope Mount doesn’t read half the stuff posted about him. He’s a magnificent talent. 

We are very fortunate to have him and James come through at the same time, they will be top players. Hopefully others like Abraham, Gilmour, Ampadu etc can join them.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

We are very fortunate to have him and James come through at the same time, they will be top players. Hopefully others like Abraham, Gilmour, Ampadu etc can join them.

Abraham won’t. He won’t be here long. 

Ampadu and James will become mainstays in our team soon enough and hopefully Gilmour will follow. 

14 hours ago, TheSage said:

Boy does this board have the tendency to go to extremes. There's never a middle-ground. The player is either sh*t or great, depending on how he performs on a few matches (sometimes even one match). Players can have sh*t matches or great matches, and it'd be great if people could be a bit more measured in their assessments. 

Get what you’re saying, I personally think I’ve always been consistent on him, I’ve always been a big fan and I’ll never shy away from praising him, but I’ve dug him out when he’s had a poor game like I would with any other player. 

33 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

I don’t get the social media abuse of Mount, I really don’t. We have been moaning for years about bringing through players and when we do, they get absolutely vilified after a poor performance. 

I hope Mount doesn’t read half the stuff posted about him. He’s a magnificent talent. 

28 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Abraham won’t. He won’t be here long. 

Ampadu and James will become mainstays in our team soon enough and hopefully Gilmour will follow. 

I hope abraham doesn't read what you say about him. 

36 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

I think people intentionally forget he was available to justify the error in playing Mount where he was played. 

Anyone with a brain can watch us against Burnley and realise where Mount should be played. 

Frank doesn't trust CHO yet to start him in games and I can see why.

I cant understand why so many people think he's automatically a better wide player right now than Mount because he can dribble a bit

4 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Frank doesn't trust CHO yet to start him in games and I can see why.

I cant understand why so many people think he's automatically a better wide player right now than Mount because he can dribble a bit

Well, the fact it is his position helps. 

Also, it does not take a genius to figure out that a wide player will tend to understand the role better and actually stay wide, after all they have been through years of development in this role. 

I totally understand that a happy clapper will adopt a mentality where the manager can do no wrong, but playing Mount ahead of CHO was wrong and thankfully this experiment has been placed in the sea. 

Just now, MayosNoun! said:

Also, it does not take a genius to figure out that a wide player will tend to understand the role better and actually stay wide, after all they have been through years of development in this role. 

I totally understand that a happy clapper will adopt a mentality where the manager can do no wrong, but playing Mount ahead of CHO was wrong and thankfully this experiment has been placed in the sea. 

Why do you think it's in the sea? If Werner was injured on Saturday I am certain Frank brings on Jorginho for Pulisic and not CHO and puts Mount out wide. 

CHO doesn't bring any energy, he has no confidence and doesn't defend. In crucial games, Frank doesn't trust him. He just isn't as good a team player as Mount. That will hopefully change this season, hopefully he turns it around. But he started on Wednesday and didn't do anything to show me he should have then started on Saturday

8 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

So understanding why the manager played Mount ahead of CHO to help protect our vulnerable left back position and close down opposition midfielders makes us a happy clapper? 

5 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Why do you think it's in the sea? If Werner was injured on Saturday I am certain Frank brings on Jorginho for Pulisic and not CHO and puts Mount out wide. 

CHO doesn't bring any energy, he has no confidence and doesn't defend. In crucial games, Frank doesn't trust him. He just isn't as good a team player as Mount. That will hopefully change this season, hopefully he turns it around. But he started on Wednesday and didn't do anything to show me he should have then started on Saturday

IMO if CHO plays more games he will do better. His first start in a while and fact is he scored the first goal in CL.

2 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

I don’t think FL actually sees Mount as a winger but as someone else said earlier, he trusts him over whatever else maybe available to do the job.

John Lennon was once asked by a journalist whether Ringo Star was the best drummer in the world,  Lennon replied, ‘ he’s not even the best drummer in the Beatles’.

Read into that what you will, but Kepa would have you believe that goalkeeping is his position, yet very few on this forum would agree with that ? 

9 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

You just pretty much confirmed why he has zero confidence. He is being left out the team to accommodate Mount, who does not even belong in that position. 

5 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

You just pretty much confirmed why he has zero confidence. He is being left out the team to accommodate Mount, who does not even belong in that position. 

Your whole argument is predicated on him being good enough to warrant selection and that he does the things you say a winger should do when he gets his chance.

You maintain that he is being left out of the team to accommodate Mount - I believe I’ve heard Frank say he selects on what players show him on match day and in training, so isn’t it possible that FL doesn’t see anything from him such that he has to pick a midfielder to play in a wingers position because the winger can’t adequately do the wingers job ?

I’ve seen nothing in his recent performances to justify getting picked to play - IMO.

3 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

What a tragic comment. Why completely dismiss CHO? You seem to have a genuine dislike for him. 

I just don't think he's good enough to be starting games for us yet. He has looked devoid of all confidence since he came back from injury. 

If CHO was a 30 year old then no one would say his form deserves a place in the team. He also doesn't deserve to play simply because he is young and will improve, he needs to show it in the 20 minutes he gets and in the starts he gets in B team games like against Krasnador - which for me he hasn't done. He looked miles away from being good enough despite his goal (a poor shot that should have been saved by any decent keeper). 

So whilst he looks that devoid of confidence, you start a player who is full of energy, who you trust and who has confidence. Mount.