I am outraged! Frank has brainwashed Southgate to use Mason in the England startup. There are a lot better players for that spot like...well...BUT due to the fact Frank loves Mason and he is a big friend of the royalty Southgate has no other way than to use Mount in his England-setup although it is counterproductive and dangerous even. Have you seen England result of late?! I haven't.

4 hours ago, evissy said:

I am outraged! Frank has brainwashed Southgate to use Mason in the England startup. There are a lot better players for that spot like...well...BUT due to the fact Frank loves Mason and he is a big friend of the royalty Southgate has no other way than to use Mount in his England-setup although it is counterproductive and dangerous even. Have you seen England result of late?! I haven't.

Why don’t they ever use Owen Hargreaves!

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Ian Wright called out the ridiculous abuse he gets

It really is odd.... we call out the managers for not using the younger players, and then we call out the younger players for not being the finished article. He's 21 for goodness sake and a dang good player already.

I love having Mason in this team.

We have a legit front 3, a monster at CAM, we need Mason and Kante to do the dirty work, and they're great at it.

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/11/12/ian-wright-ashley-cole-defend-chelsea-star-over-disgraceful-treatment-13586465/amp/ Probably about time that someone like Ian Wright called out the ridiculous abuse he gets, can’t think of many players right now who get as much abuse as he does. 

Grealish too

Uh, whats the term you use when a person with no relevant experience abuses someone as a poor professional, and yet the "poor professional" is roundly praised by his fellow colleagues , those who work as his supervisors/boss, and even the industry's commentary and punditry?

Oh ya, clueless  (...and only this because it is international Kindness Day).

13 minutes ago, Richard P said:

I really don’t understand why he gets so much negative comments.

I think some people are pissy as they perceive he got treated better than more experienced and higher rated players when going through some of his poorer spells......I think they fail to consider a few things. One, overall he has merited the treatment, and shown the faith by Lampard to be a wise investment. Two, Yes we should expect more from players in their prime (and some many might consider WC or close to) than a young player. Three, it should be no shock that our first academy product in God knows how long to legitimately be capable of starting in our midfield might bet a bit of an easier ride compared to some others from people who value such things (and a club should really value getting a player like this with no fee, and emotionally attached to the club). Four, I don't think the club/Frank has sacrificed anything tangible giving Mount the runs he needed to become so influential/consistent at such a young age.  As in what did we miss out on as a result of him getting consistent game time?

Edited by Barry Bridges

49 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Well, appears Southgate too sees some benefit to starting Mount over some good competition. Maybe it wasn't just some whim of Lampard's? 🙂

Let’s be honest Mount played there because of injury. England have one of the most feared young wingers in the world on the bench (who admittedly hasn’t done a lot for England yet.) Southgate is a negative manager. He plays with a formation and style that worries more about other teams than playing to England’s strengths and playing their own game.

1 hour ago, ashwin said:

Well, appears Southgate too sees some benefit to starting Mount over some good competition. Maybe it wasn't just some whim of Lampard's? 🙂

Its almost as if he's an excellent young player that's came through our academy and we should be celebrating that fact, rather than holding pathetic grudges against him because he was picked ahead of someone else isnt it.

29 minutes ago, dkw said:

Its almost as if he's an excellent young player that's came through our academy and we should be celebrating that fact, rather than holding pathetic grudges against him because he was picked ahead of someone else isnt it.

You mean he isn’t actually Lampard son?!?! Next you’ll tell me Southgate isn’t his Uncle!

If you talk solely on Mount's footballing ability he lacks a bit of end product. That separates him for being an absolute top player. Killer pass isn't killer enough and his shots fly over too much. This would be a good argument if Mason wasn't 21 and contributing to Team England in many other ways, like support play, pressing, endless running and smart positioning, chance creating. Belgium wasn't his best game and he maybe should have scored there. 

In England setup Grealish, Sancho, Kane are the type of players that should be finishing their chances as they are used to scoring and making those killer passes. If Mount misses here and there it shouldn't be a reason to slate him. 

Good thing is Mason is a level headed boy. I don't think this talk really affects him in any way.. 

1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

The England team is perfect for 433. 

Mount and Grealish are very capable as an 8 with the more defensive Henderson behind. It’s a solid midfield. 

Name two current English CBs that you’d happily have in a pairing. They can’t sign Thiago Silva to solve all their problems :laugh2:

23 hours ago, Jangz said:

he ususally gets into double digits.. i think that is a good return from midfield.. plus he is only 21..  his numbers will go up.. 

We know it (Chelsea fans that follow his development).

Most fans don't especially those that didn't follow his development. 

Even Lampard took years before English fans even recognize him as a good player

Edited by Deino