Mason Mount

Argo

Brilliant as always last night, faded once he took that knock, I thought we should have brought him off to make sure it wasn’t aggravated but fingers crossed he’s OK. He’ll be key for us in the next two games and missing him would be a massive blow.

This boy has everything, some said he faded out the game after having getting that knock but I disagree. Yes as an offensive threat he may have been quieter second half but it’s because he was busy protecting what we have, helping out his team mates and closing down the opposition.

his work rate and intelligence are amazing.

there may be players out there that do different parts of the game better than him but no one who does it all better than him! 

Posted (edited)

Poor again just like the Werner and Pulisic. Had the best chance in the game but yet another miss. Need to see more ruthlessness from him next season with more end product considering how advanced he plays under Tuchel.

Edited by Valhalla

34 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

His finishing has been very poor of late. His all around game remains excellent but that final shot is just way off the mark.

A front 3 of him, Werner and Pulisic at the moment offers the same goal threat as Kante and Kovacic do, zip all.

Two of his shots were blocked axman and one he blazed over. Didn't look bad to me at all yesterday. His first touch on the ball is always at another level IMO.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

His finishing has been very poor of late. His all around game remains excellent but that final shot is just way off the mark.

A front 3 of him, Werner and Pulisic at the moment offers the same goal threat as Kante and Kovacic do, zip all.

At his age only Robben has scored or created more for us during the PL era. If we are to look at how he has improved his overall game via hard work on the training pitch, I would expect him to show a big improvement in shot creation and scoring. He has also in the last couple of weeks shown signs of fatigue, a summer off would probably do him the world of good though that is unlikely as i think Southgate sees him as a starter for the Euros.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

True but the CL final remains Axman... I'm still convinced that he will be absolutely huge for us there in one way or another.

5 hours ago, charierre said:

At his age only Robben has scored or created more for us during the PL era. If we are to look at how he has improved his overall game via hard work on the training pitch, I would expect him to show a big improvement in shot creation and scoring. He has also in the last couple of weeks shown signs of fatigue, a summer off would probably do him the world of good though that is unlikely as i think Southgate sees him as a starter for the Euros.

He aint getting a summer off though, the bloody Euros are next, he needs some RnR with Geezer Rice

7 hours ago, just said:

Two of his shots were blocked axman and one he blazed over. Didn't look bad to me at all yesterday. His first touch on the ball is always at another level IMO.

Ironically I feel he would have more goals this season if he were allowed to play the Lampard position @just. While he has been superb in his all around game in a front 3 it draws too much attention to him and he gets little time to get a shot off.

Now as @Malcolm9 suggested in the CP thread if we did have a front 3 with him as the Lampard in the midfield 3 the front 3 should allow him more time and space to line up a shot. Think that will bring more goals like the one he scored at Sheff united. I know he was in a 3 then but he arrived late in to the box, a perfect Lampard esc goal.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ironically I feel he would have more goals this season if he were allowed to play the Lampard position @just. While he has been superb in his all around game in a front 3 it draws too much attention to him and he gets little time to get a shot off.

Now as @Malcolm9 suggested in the CP thread if we did have a front 3 with him as the Lampard in the midfield 3 the front 3 should allow him more time and space to line up a shot. Think that will bring more goals like the one he scored at Sheff united. I know he was in a 3 then but he arrived late in to the box, a perfect Lampard esc goal.

Need to play 4 at the back for me to allow him to play that way.

Summer transfer window...............

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

We played in 433 under Lamp but with werner and Chilwell on the left Mount couldn't attack the box as much. He scored more under Tuchel this season but I believe he scored even more last year. 

Edited by Bob stark

Alright Mason, has been an amazing season so far for you but you will need to be a true warrior tonight for them team to have a chance. 

Learn from JT, captain, leader and legend. You cannot take one moment of planning how you would celebrate or envisioning it. A top display in Moscow forgotten because he imagined celebrating his winning pen before he took it and slipped on his ar$e.

From first minute until the last you must not think of any personal glory and work your backside off for the team. You need to match Kantes work rate.

We believe in you Mason.