Ethan Ampadu

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just reminds me of Ake. 

Is he tall enough to play CB? Does he have enough in his locker to play midfield? Been shifted to full back occasionally. Really needs to just knuckle down in a set position. Probably won't be a world beater but a good rotation option, similar to what City now have with Ake. 

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Just reminds me of Ake. 

Is he tall enough to play CB? Does he have enough in his locker to play midfield? Been shifted to full back occasionally. Really needs to just knuckle down in a set position. Probably won't be a world beater but a good rotation option, similar to what City now have with Ake. 

Maybe he can be the anchor that we're looking for?

On 11/08/2020 at 18:04, Strider6003 said:

Ethan has had a few injuries, is it injuries that have restricted his match time in Germany or just not being picked?

Both. He basically sat on the bench until February and has a long term back issue since March.

From what I read on german forums he had one very good game against Spuds in the CL (didn't watch it myself though), but wasn't reliable in his other matches. He was only their 5th choice CB there and not even used as CDM.

Edited by Vagabond

26 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I read that and thought of RLC...

Makes one think that our academy should prioritize fitness and especially core training a bit more. Tammy, Christensen, Ampadu and RLC are all lanky guys that would benefit from a bit more muscle mass.

4 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Probably seen all his mates getting minutes and thought “I’ll have some of that!”

He played a total of 7 games and 277 minutes for RB last season. I feel this is going to be a huge uphill battle for him.

I've liked what I saw of Ethan in the past, I feel he reads the game well, and instructs those around him.  I don't, however, think he's a CB.  I think he's a DM so if he comes back he'd be fighting for a place in the team ahead of Billy Gilmour.

1 hour ago, mad_mac said:

I've liked what I saw of Ethan in the past, I feel he reads the game well, and instructs those around him.  I don't, however, think he's a CB.  I think he's a DM so if he comes back he'd be fighting for a place in the team ahead of Billy Gilmour.

I agree. DM for me and a great backup to Kante. As an aside, it's  amusing how quickly our fanbase moves on to the next flashy young thing. Guy had a tough loan spell at a team with arguably a better squad than us (certainly if measured by their CL results) and people are discarding him and saying he has no future. I think we'll find he'll be a much better play for 12 months under Nagelsmann and will be part of the squad next season, particularly if Rice doesn't join.

35 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

Same height as Ricky Carva, 

Lord Percy was one of the best of his generation. He also had John Terry and Brana next to him and Petr Cech behind him. Safe to say we were okay in the air to cover him. 

At this point we can't win a header to save our lives and our keeper is 10cm too short too. Not sure you want to add a 183cm player into the mix.