Joined a very good Bundesliga side. 

Now please oh please Im praying he gets regular playtime. He just absolutely cannot go down the route of a talented youngster who wastes several years on the bench on loan, and comes back with confidence low and a poor player.

Players like Abraham and RLC did well on loan simply because they had plenty of time to play. Then you got players like Baker, who was barely given a chance and has gone to complete waste. 

Ill be happy if Ampadu pretty much becomes a starting member in the team, or at least a first choice sub. As long as he gets plenty of minutes and a lot of chances to play, cant complain about this loan deal at all. 

Definitely better than shipping him off to some dross team in dross league like Vitesse, or even worse - to a struggling team in the championship/league 1

Great move, far too good already to play in the championship, i think we will be getting a player back whose value will be £40m+ after a succesful season in germany. 

Also in 12 months time, hopefully we will have made space in the squad for him. 

I’ve very high hopes for Ampadu. I think he’ll turn out a more valuable team member than either CHO of RLC. This is a good move for him. Hope he’s gets lots of minutes and stays injury free and maybe there is someone experienced in their coaching staff you can teach him how to pick his tackles.

14 hours ago, big blue said:

Great move, far too good already to play in the championship, i think we will be getting a player back whose value will be £40m+ after a succesful season in germany. 

Also in 12 months time, hopefully we will have made space in the squad for him. 

This is an Andreas Christensen level loan. Give him playing time and he'll be all the more proven and valuable afterward if he succeeds. 

• 1 month later...

41 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Spending the season under a highly rated young coach. Intestested to see how he progresses. Presume he will play in midfield now...?

right now he is fighting with Tyler Adams & neither have been playing - RB Leipzip are top of the table atm - both Kampf & Laimer have been solid - IMHO Ampadu might be better off remaining with Super Frank's Young Blue Army

On 07/09/2019 at 08:53, Munkworth said:

His name also Rhymes with Xanadu, if someone comes up with a song to that tune my old man would never stop singing it. 

My mate recorded this song, about a minute in is the chorus.  Pretty sure you can work He's Ethan Ampadu into it

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Is it not normal to put game time into a loan contract? He could be a year on the bench at a critical time for him/us.

Its not like we're flush with defensive midfielders. We could have at least used him in games against lesser teams, like Grimsby and United in the league cup.

As said above I hope he goes to the Championship in Jan.

Edited by DP2

Thought there might be hope for Ampadu after watching Leipzig give away 2 terrible goals in a 2-0 defeat at home to Lyon...then realised he wasn't on the bench when they subbed 2 centre backs and their defensive midfielder off.

5 hours ago, DP2 said:

Is it not normal to put game time into a loan contract? He could be a year on the bench at a critical time for him/us.

Its not like we're flush with defensive midfielders. We could have at least used him in games against lesser teams, like Grimsby and United in the league cup.

As said above I hope he goes to the Championship in Jan.

Unwritten rule maybe, but not to a team like RB. It was a big step up for him to compete for their first team and unfortunately the manager there just hasn't taken a shine to him. He needs to come home but hopefully he's learning something on the training ground in the mean time. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...