Jump to content

Recommended Posts


On 22/02/2020 at 05:15, Scott Harris said:

I agree. I think he is too rash to play CB. Every time I seen him play for us, he would fly into tackles when I think it would have been wiser to stay on his feet.

I disagree and actually think CB is where his elite potential is at, in CM he'd be a utility player at best, especially in a system like ours that requires players so be so technically on point even Kante is struggling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, edewaarb said:

Is there any hope that he could be a solution at CB? Every time I've watched him, he seems very vocal and quick to direct teammates. I feel like we could use this in the back.  

I thought he was better as a DM than as a CB? I know he's versatile, but not sure where his best position is yet

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Ampadu looking to go on loan to Fulham. Im okay with that as long as he gets the game time and doesn't rot away on the bench like so many of our past talented loan players. If he can get in 25-30 games in this season and perform well, that would be ideal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, driller97 said:

Ampadu looking to go on loan to Fulham. Im okay with that as long as he gets the game time and doesn't rot away on the bench like so many of our past talented loan players. If he can get in 25-30 games in this season and perform well, that would be ideal.

Not bad, especially since he only got such a derisory amount of playing time for Leipzig last season

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Not bad, especially since he only got such a derisory amount of playing time for Leipzig last season

Thats my problem with half of these loans, the player just goes there to sit on the bench and barely feature.. its such a waste when these are the key years into progressing their career.

Will be fuming if he goes to Fulham just to sit on the bench for another year, because he's an instant starter there

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always liked the looks of Ampadu but like others, am still not sure what his best position is going to be long-term. Be unfortunate for him if he turns into one of these utility players as although they are handy to have as squad players, they end up neither one thing or another.

Lamps will have plenty of decisions to make with the signings coming in. Which youngsters stay and who gets loaned out. I would like to see both Ampadu and Gilmour stay but can see the argument for GOOD loan moves for one season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I've always liked the looks of Ampadu but like others, am still not sure what his best position is going to be long-term. Be unfortunate for him if he turns into one of these utility players as although they are handy to have as squad players, they end up neither one thing or another.

Lamps will have plenty of decisions to make with the signings coming in. Which youngsters stay and who gets loaned out. I would like to see both Ampadu and Gilmour stay but can see the argument for GOOD loan moves for one season.  

Loan moves are good, but it shows a certain lack of trust from the manager, Take Mason, or Reece, they were given their head in the first team, players of that age if they are loaned out now, will instantly think the Gaffer doesn't obviously think im as good as these two, how will he know, i'll only accept that if they consistently don't show the same aptitude in training

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not try and compare Ampadu’s loan to Mount, Abraham, Tomori or James’ loan spells. Ampadu has played a total of 4 league games since he signed for Chelsea. The other 4 all got plenty of minutes in the Championship last season whilst Ampadu barely featured for RB Leipzig. 

If he does go to Fulham I’d like to think we’d put a clause in there that we can recall him in January if he hasn’t played x number of games. The fact we didn’t/couldn’t do that when he wasn’t featuring for Leipzig was madness. Hopefully we learn from that this time. He really needs minutes this season or his development will suffer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Loan moves are good, but it shows a certain lack of trust from the manager, Take Mason, or Reece, they were given their head in the first team, players of that age if they are loaned out now, will instantly think the Gaffer doesn't obviously think im as good as these two, how will he know, i'll only accept that if they consistently don't show the same aptitude in training

Exactly and why Lamps has some difficult decisions to make. It's one thing sending a youngster out on loan BEFORE they properly break into the first team but it will be hard to now send out any of those who played so many games for us this season. It would be pretty much saying "you only played 'cos we couldn't sign anyone - now we have better".

Trust Lamps to make the right calls but there'll be a fair bit of chin rubbing!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Is he really that less of a talent than CHO

For sure, he represents less talent. For starters who knows his best position? Take a look around at who would be clamoring for his services if he was on the chopping block. 

 

FWIW I think the club need to figure out which position they want to see him play before anything. This is one thing that Tomori was also dealing with. He's played so much CB and RB, he was neither 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

For sure, he represents less talent. For starters who knows his best position? Take a look around at who would be clamoring for his services if he was on the chopping block. 

 

FWIW I think the club need to figure out which position they want to see him play before anything. This is one thing that Tomori was also dealing with. He's played so much CB and RB, he was neither 

Think in Tomori’s case having 4 CBs was an overkill especially with 3 in their early to mid 20s. Sooner or later someone was going to be left out in the cold. He should have been loaned out to get another full season, and Guehi drafted in his place. Your 4th defender should either be someone at the tail end of their career; a Lovren/Otamendi or a young player from your development squad; an Eric Garcia.

Same applies to the wingers; having 4 wingers is an overkill. 15yrs ago you could get away with rotating your team constantly to keep them fresh, nowadays you are better off keeping a leaner squad to keep every one motivated. Especially when you consider some players might be deemed multifunctional; like your Mount. You could argue CHO wasted a year also when he could have been loaned out and playing regularly. Next season with Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner capable of filling in, potentially Havertz if we get him and Mount if he continues viewing him as a pseudo winger, there is no reason to keep CHO stuck on the bench and feeding off scraps. Liverpool have Minamino, Shaqiri & Chamberlain filling in for their 2 wingers, James is the spare winger at Utd, Foden is filling in as the 4th winger at City.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a crying shame his loan to Leipzig has been such a disaster. I was impressed with him when he played, there was confidence in his play and you could see he had leadership qualities.  

He is still young but has lost a year in his nurturing. This may prove costly in the long run but there is no denying he is a real talent. Maybe we should loan him out to Villa and John Terry can knock him into shape.

I know there is lot of blame being put on Kepa and the quality of defenders at the club but I can't help feel the whole defense lost confidence after the hot run ended and maybe Ampadu has done well to miss that. He was always confident on the ball and his inclusion may bring a bit more leadership to the back. His reading of the game and distribution would also be an attribute. 

The sensible view is probably to let him out on loan to a club that would really play him and buy in some experience for a short term fix. Stones?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...