I'm glad he wants to stick around and fight for a place, that's a fantastic mentality for him to have. I think there will be minutes there for him, depending on who we see leave. I'd be surprised if come the end of the window we hadn't moved on at least one CM, possibly two. My money would be on Barkley being the definite and Jorginho being the second depending on interest from Italy. I think both will find minutes hard to come by if Frank goes for the 4-3-3 he seemed to be trialling towards the end of last season.

On 04/09/2020 at 12:52, evissy said:

I can see Ampadu - Silva pair work. There is no better teacher than Silva. After seeing Rudiger struggle last night in Germany defence I feel he might have a chance.

Definitely.

I think Silva-Christensen would be my first choice. What Christensen was missing was a leader type partner that will boss him around the pitch. Ampadu would certainly be my 3rd choice though (if Tomori goes out on loan)

Rudiger and Zouma are done at the club for me, so I would just keep it as Silva, Christensen, Tomori and Ampadu as our 4 CB options with Ampadu also being able to play in DM

Wales didn't concede a goal in the 2 games and he played both of them. I wouldn't want him to go because at this point I think he deserves a chance over Christensen that has failed to perform for years and under multiple managers.

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Sounds like he's going on loan too Sheffield United.

If he plays thats a good move i think.

Im not sure it is tbh, unless its to play in midfield. 

Sheffield United play 3 at the back, and even then it is quite unorthodox with the right and left centre back having licence to join the attack. 

Its not really a system that is close to ours, so i would prefer him to play somewhere that uses a back 4. 

If he is in midfield, then it makes a little more sense, but Sheffield United bought Sander Berge in January for a club record fee, so you would expect him to start more often than not.

Sheffield United were a good team last season, have a decent manager and actually played some good football (mainly against us!). Hopefully they don’t suffer second season syndrome and Ethan can get some much needed minutes on the pitch. 

46 minutes ago, dkw said:

EhVDcdnXYAACZNG?format=jpg&name=medium

Done deal. Be very interesting to see what position he plays. 

More like it will be very interesting to see if he plays. I dont know who the retard is that keeps on sending Ampadu on loans to fully established teams. What he needs now is game time and i would honestly have preferred him to go to a team fighting relegation but guaranteeing him 90 mins instead of him just adding squad depth to Sheffield utd. I see this as thensame as his leipzig loan . He will be a sub for Egan just like he was for Upamencano 

Edited by The Don Antonio
34 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

More like it will be very interesting to see if he plays. I dont know who the retard is that keeps on sending Ampadu on loans to fully established teams. What he needs now is game time and i would honestly have preferred him to go to a team fighting relegation but guaranteeing him 90 mins instead of him just adding squad depth to Sheffield utd. I see this as thensame as his leipzig loan . He will be a sub for Egan just like he was for Upamencano 

I'm also not sure exactly what he will make of this. Didn't he say that he wanted to stay and fight for a place in the squad. If this is true and it were me I would take this as a direct snub.

Bad move. The blades had an elite D last season, it will be hard for him to get some minutes. Also if we send him away with what we have now in our defense, what would he do at Chelsea when we buy better players than Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen. 

Obviously Ampadu's career in Chelsea is over

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

Maybe Lampard was assured Rice is coming and that's why Ampadu had to go out on loan?

I would say that is more likely if one of Kova, Kante or Jorginho had gone.

As it is it seems more likely Frank is happier with Gilmour than Ampadu as his forth after those three and decided he would rather have, or is stuck with, Christensen, Rudiger and Tomori after Silva and Zouma.

8 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Bad move. The blades had an elite D last season, it will be hard for him to get some minutes. Also if we send him away with what we have now in our defense, what would he do at Chelsea when we buy better players than Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen. 

You haven’t had one positive thing to say about Chelsea’s business this entire window and have posted some frightfully outlandish opinions. If you think Ampdu’s career in Chelsea is over, then I’m fully confident it is just beginning.

29 minutes ago, Droopy said:

That made me laugh.  No way his career his over.  He needs some experience.  Don't disagree with your points on Sheffield's defense last season and perhaps he is better than some of our error prone players, but they are still grooming him for the future.  Doesn't change the fact I'd like to see him in a Chelsea shirt, but it will come.

I don't see how he will get game time I rate him more than most of the other youngsters at the club. I would of kept him and got rid of a few others on loan probably another Ake situation I can see him wanting to leave next couple years if he doesn't get a fair chance.