57 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I don't see how he will get game time I rate him more than most of the other youngsters at the club. I would of kept him and got rid of a few others on loan probably another Ake situation I can see him wanting to leave next couple years if he doesn't get a fair chance.

I have a feeling Wilder sees him as a defensive mid who will look to break up counters and fill in at the back when Basham and O'Connell get caught upfield.

Ramsdale

Basham---Egan---O'Connell

Baldock----Norwood---Ampadu----Berge----Stevens

McBurnie----McGoldrick

Opened an article and it stated that Ampadu had joined Sheffield Wednesday and I was absolutely fuming. Far too good a talent for that tinpot club. 

Thankfully the article rectified itself by stating he had in fact, joined the footballing side of Sheffield. What a place to develop for Ampadu under an excellent manager with a fantastic set up. This is an excellent loan deal for all concerned. 

He will also have to work his way into Wilder’s team but I am positive he can do this and has a successful spell there. Really pleased with this. 

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I have a feeling Wilder sees him as a defensive mid who will look to break up counters and fill in at the back when Basham and O'Connell get caught upfield.

Ramsdale

Basham---Egan---O'Connell

Baldock----Norwood---Ampadu----Berge----Stevens

McBurnie----McGoldrick

Lundstram?

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I would say that is more likely if one of Kova, Kante or Jorginho had gone.

As it is it seems more likely Frank is happier with Gilmour than Ampadu as his forth after those three and decided he would rather have, or is stuck with, Christensen, Rudiger and Tomori after Silva and Zouma.

I will be sending Gilmour out on loan also. With Havertz onboard we have 8 players for 3 positions, 2 will need to go out if Gilmour is to get any reasonable mins unless there are doubts about RLC staying fit.

If we get either Rice/Soumare that further complicates the issue.

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

Lundstram?

He is more a box to box player than a sitting midfielder. There is also John Fleck who I would expect to rotate with Berge. Lundstram will get games as well, I can see him at times taking Norwoods place and either Ampadu or Norwood playing deep. It depends how offensive the blades wish to be that game and who they are facing.

On 07/09/2020 at 22:34, ozboy said:

I like what I’ve seen of Ampadu in central defence. 

I'm the opposite, I think he is pretty poor at cb. I really dislike how rash he is with a tackle. That penalty he gave away against Brighton in the friendly wasn't anything to do with a lack of sharpness, that is just part of Ampadu's game. I don't ever see him making it to the top level if he doesn't cut that out of his game.

On 07/09/2020 at 23:34, Droopy said:

Bad move. The blades had an elite D last season, it will be hard for him to get some minutes. Also if we send him away with what we have now in our defense, what would he do at Chelsea when we buy better players than Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen. 

Obviously Ampadu's career in Chelsea is over

He's 19 years old you weirdo

44 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently played really well tonight against Burnley on the right of the back three. Moved to right wing back for the final ten minutes. 

Think his versatility will see him get plenty of minutes this season. 

I hope so, was let down when he didnt play the first game of the season but hoping he's a guaranteed starter throughout the season

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...