Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 11th Aug 16:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Played some nice stuff....been badly punished but we knew defensively we were very poor....need RLC and Rudi back for certain, definitely need a couple of centre halves for next season, guess we'll take our licks here and move on.   Unfortunately we saw the same old problem though of breaking down defences and being punished with bad passing...

what a bad performance from, Jorghinio,kovacic,christensen & zouma... Kante came in to late. and our deffense is shaiit. Attacking part cant set the ball between the bars.
I dont really know what Jorghinio is doing in chelsea,. He cannot head the ball, cant sprint/run, he is to skinny, and 0 energy. only thing he has is his passing. and that our opponents know, so they put a mark or 2 on him every match..
CHristensen gave united the 2-0 goal, he just watched the ball go past him to martial. and the 3-0 , i dont know what to say about that.. its not offside before the judge whistles djiisees... thought " Professional " football players knew that, and didnt stop thil the whistle goes! I cannot understand how we just lost 4-0 to a bad side.

this defeat hopefully not set the season, but we cannot play LIKE THIS 1 more match or we will not have any chance staying in the BPL.

Our defence is as fragile as we all expected. There is no pace for recovery so we are always open to the counter attack and we have no premier league quality strikers.

This will be a long hard season.

I don't thiank Man Utd were all that and they scored four against us. Scouse next!

The theory of it is excellent, but the main problem with VAR is that the person looking at the obvious on the screen is clearly more inept or even more biased than the one on the pitch who missed it the first time ...

How they can announce to the crowd a VAR attempt to upgrade a Tammy yellow card to a red, but miss a clear and obvious foul before their 2nd goal just makes you wonder who got paid today and how much ...

Maguire was a good buy for them. Letting Luiz go looks premature on that performance - we need Rudiger back but I'm worried we lack experience in the centre back pairing no matter who we put in there

scoreline flattered United but reflected how poor our defending was

Wednesday is likely to be a nightmare / next week's game v Leicester is already a must win just to get our confidence back  

Well, it couldn't have been a much worse start to the season. 1st half we played well, but in the second, United had us sussed. We were too easy to beat today, it was one pass on the counter and we were done. All of the positives from the first half were overtaken by the amount of negatives from the second. Playing nice football gets us nowhere if all teams need to do is sit deep and hit us on the break.

We desperately need Rudiger and Kante back in the team and fit as soon as possible. Zouma was as awful as some feared he would be, and that midfield was way too open. It has to be either Jorginho or Kovacic, it can't be both, it's too much of a defensive risk. 

It really sucks that pretty much all of our key players start the season injured or recovering from an injury.

Edited by Scott Harris

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

One game in and all of our fears realised. Toothless in attack, awful defensively, and a really heavy defeat. This is going to be a rough season.

Don’t think we looked toothless in attack at all, why do you say that? We played free flowing direct football we looked dangerous.

Taking off bracket was a mistake he was turning the ball over well Pulasic didn’t do much at all but before that we played nice attacking football 

Sky have made out Utd were brilliant...yes they took advantage of some really sloppy play defensively by us four times, but thought they were poor for long periods...

still we have to look at ourselves and ease in which teams have been scoring so far under frank (including preseason). Clearly Kante is needed from the start, Rudiger's return too..surprised Zouma and Christensen lined up the way round they did...Zouma has usually played for chelsea on the right and Christensen on the left. Zouma certainly looked very uncomfortable where he was picked.

7 minutes ago, goose said:

Some positives today, I like the type of football we are trying to play. Big negative for me is the decline of Azpi, has looked poor for a while. Away to manure is a difficult game to start the season and everything was going there way.

I thought Azpi was our best player today. Looked back to his old form. 

Zouma and Christensen were predictably toilet mind you. Don’t belong at this level.