Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 11th Aug 16:30 GMT

Hard to predict this one. Neither defense has inspired in pre-season so you would think there could be a few goals. Probably a 0-0 then ;). I would think United will be strong favorites with the pundits as they have been able to strengthen the squad in the summer, and have won all their games pre-season. However we have players that could cause them problems in defense. If we take the chances that come our way then we might just surprise them.

The most important games this season in the league will be the six-pointers against Suds,Arse,Manu,Everton,Wolves,Leicester. they will be our direct league rivals, if we can finish the league with a good record in these games we will do well. So we could really do with winning this game, hopefully Frank will grasp this early opportunity to go up to OT and set up the team to really put the pressure on utd.

5 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

Kepa

Azpi  Christensen  Luiz  Emerson

Jorginho   Kovacic

Mount   Barkley   Pulisic

Abraham

I know that we haven't seen it so far in pre-season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lamps tried to fit both Mount and Barkley in the team by playing Mount on the right instead of Pedro. It's also something that I'd quite like to see as Mount has an excellent eye for a pass and good attacking instincts. He's also excellent at pressing from the front.

I think the both played together second half against BMG. I thought they were okay.

Fully expecting a loss here.

I think it will take time for Lampard to get the team working - We’ll have a pretty inconsistent start imo, I have no issues with that knowing how inexperienced Lampard is.

Of course I hope I’m wrong but don’t be too disheartened if we lose. It’s a long season.

2 - 1.

Just a few days now from the opener Chelsea mates! In anticipation of the season, can I get an update on our injured players and expected return? I have read some articles here and there but nothing real definitive.

Kante - back this past Saturday and able to play some this week

Willian - this week or next?

Rudiger - a few more weeks?

Loftus-Cheek - a November return perhaps?

Hudson Odi - a December return?

Appreciate any insight on these players. Realize it can change based on set backs etc but just trying to get a feel of their expected return.

Come on you Chelsea!!

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Azpi  Christensen  Luiz  Emerson

Jorginho   Kovacic

Pedro   Barkley   Pulisic

Abraham

May as well let Abraham have a few games to prove himself. AM's basically pick themselves until CHO and Willian are back. Rest Kante until he's fit again. Strongest back line we have atm.

That would be my team. Frank may prefer Zouma and mount. This game comes too early in the season for us and I hope for a win but won’t be surprised if we lose by 2 or 3. United’s defence May be bad without Maguire but they didn’t concede many in preseason. We have conceded every game. At their shop and with our frontline still finding their feet it’s a big ask. 

Edited by ozboy

looking at the tweets from dirty red mancs, it appears that the fans aren't very happy atm. If Chelsea could get an early lead in this match, I could see the fans becoming restless & totally turning against their club. If you don't believe me, check this tweet out

Seeing how poor we are at defending balls into the box and set pieces at the moment, I do worry that's where Utd will target us. I think Giroud or Batshuayi have to play, Tammy is too inexperienced to lead the line against Utd at the moment. Apart from that, the usual team that has been played in pre-season would be fine. 

On 05/08/2019 at 11:14, ForeverCarefree said:

Kepa

Dave - Christensen - Luiz - Emerson

Kante - Kovacic

Pedro - Barkley - Pulisic

Abraham 

That’s what I’m going with. Going to be an interesting game I’m predicting a draw 2-2 

17 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Fully expecting a loss here.

I think it will take time for Lampard to get the team working - We’ll have a pretty inconsistent start imo, I have no issues with that knowing how inexperienced Lampard is.

Of course I hope I’m wrong but don’t be too disheartened if we lose. It’s a long season.

2 - 1.

Award for the most depressing post on the internet goes to you my friend.

Fingers crossed that Lampard maintains his 100% winning run as a manager at OT. I'm nervous as hell about our defence as I am not sure that we can outshoot them at the moment. Hoping for a win but would frankly take a draw, just so the press can fck off and focus on someone else. You know that they can't wait for it all to blow up in our faces.

Willian hasn't played a minute of preseason and isn't in full training. He's not going to play in this game, let alone start. 

If we're going to play two up top, one of them has to be Giroud. Tammy and Batshuayi are both poachers. Having them play off one another highlights their weaknesses. 

I like Christensen next to Luiz. Pretty sure this is the same lineup @RIP Mourinho or @ForeverCarefree went with, minus Giroud. 

Only questions for me are other CB next to Luiz, and who starts at striker. Barkley or Mount as well I guess, though I think Barkley starts. 

Kepa

Dave, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson

Jorginho, Kovacic 

Pedro, Barkley, Pulisic

Giroud

Hardest match to call for a long time.

- They were dire the end of last season

- They have strengthened but still have this lukaku nonsense going on

- Frank unproven at this level

- Defenses both shocking in preseason and end of last season

- Home advantage to utd

- Frist game of the season always throws up some unusual results

I am going Man utd 1 Chelsea 4 - but not going to get my knickers in a twist if it is the other way round :-)  - think I will jsut get drunk and enjoy it

Luiz didn't feature against Borussia in the last pre-season game. I suspect we will go with Zouma and Christensen against United. Rudi will replace one of those of those 2 when fully fit, but assuming Luiz leaves tomorrow that would seem to be our strongest CB pairing.  Lets hope we neither of those players gets injured or suspended as we only really have Tomori on the bench.