Amputechture

Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 11th Aug 16:30 GMT

To be honest I'd be happy with a draw.

Delighted with my usual 1-0 Chelsea win 'prediction' !

That '1-0 us win prediction' being the actual result  is quite rare to be honest...:biggrin:

Come on Chelsea.

I hope Kante is fit to give an untried centre-back pairing some cover and breathing space. I'm guessing Christensen and Kurt but reckon Frank will provide as much defensive midfield cover to begin with and a fairly narrow, compact midfield especially as we're away from home. Distribution of the ball from the back is also an issue now so a rejuvenated Jorginho is more of a Key Player than ever.

Starting 11 prediction;

Kepa

Azpi           Kurt           Christensen              Emerson

Kante                 Kovacic

Jorginho

Pulisic                                         Barkley                           

Giroud

16 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

Their midfield is pretty terrible, If we can't win against a team where the big players want to leave then it's going to be a very long season.

Yeah, I agree. First game of the season at Man Utd away is a complete doddle. Especially us with a new a manager, a new young team, and a transfer ban. Yep, if we can't win this heads must roll!

Luca, Sarri has farked off back to an easier league. Let it go.

I guess it will be 

Dave Christenson Kurt Emerson 

at the back now. Kurt's lack of a left foot or a long ball is the issue that worries me.  I actually kind of wish Frank liked a back 3 as I think it would suit us this season but no matter.

Gunna be a tough one.

18 hours ago, fitz said:

I hope Kante is fit to give an untried centre-back pairing some cover and breathing space. I'm guessing Christensen and Kurt but reckon Frank will provide as much defensive midfield cover to begin with and a fairly narrow, compact midfield especially as we're away from home. Distribution of the ball from the back is also an issue now so a rejuvenated Jorginho is more of a Key Player than ever.

Starting 11 prediction;

Kepa

Azpi           Kurt           Christensen              Emerson

Kante                 Kovacic

Jorginho

Pulisic                                         Barkley                           

Giroud

I'd rather Barkley in the No. 10 role to be a menace to Pogba and McTominay. If it's Jorginho then Pogba's gonna have a field day

Since VAR will be used for the first time in the league I wonder how mr Anthony Tayor is going to set the tone during the game...Last time we won an away game with him being the ref was 2017 late August so it's very much possible that we steal all 3 points.

We don't have Kante,Rudiger they don't have Bailly,Pogba even handicap so we win.

Kepa

Azpi-Christensen-Zouma?-Emerson

Jorginho-Kovacic

Pulisic-Barkley-Pedro

Tammy

Is rudi still injured? FIf so then Zouma will be starting. Als heard that Willian wont be starting either so Pedro will prolly take that spot. Up front is up in the air, but id bet on Tammy over Giroud

Kurt, just isn't good enough,  so i can see Utd exploiting a weak CB pairing of him and Christensen.  Would be very pleased to come away with a point.

I'm guessing that this will be a chaotic score draw in which both sides will look horribly disorganised, wander through each other's defences with impunity, and the pundits' postscript will be something along the lines of "2-2 draw here at Old Trafford... Arsenal and Tottenham won't be too worried about what they've seen here this evening."

Edited by PloKoon13

Good to see Frank’s press conference. Well spoken and understands the task.

We have 2 losses and 4 draws in our last 6 visits to Old Trafford (all in PL matches). We had some clearly superior teams over the past 6 seasons and could not get a win so I just cannot see one here. Would be thrilled with a draw, but would be surprised with a loss.

I think the year has promise, and I love Frank and think he will do well, but still too many key players missing due to injury to get all three points Sunday. Just my thoughts today.

Would feel better with Kante and Rudiger match fit and in the XI, which sounds like there’s a chance.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Frank said Kante's fit but he'll have to assess if he's match-fit. This is Kante we're talking about, so important, and as we saw in Baku, if he's half-fit he walks into the team. I suspect he will start. Who does he make way for, Kovacic or Jorginho? I suspect it will be Jorginho.

Rudiger I don't think will start. He's been out much longer. Think Frank will tread with caution for that one.

Abraham will start up front. I'm convinced he's our best option and he will prove it over the course of the season.

Kepa, Dave, Emerson, Christensen, Zouma, Kovacic, Kante, Barkley, Tammy, Pulisic, Pedro.

We're almost certain to concede. I'd be happy with a 1-1.

Frank said Kante's fit but he'll have to assess if he's match-fit. This is Kante we're talking about, so important, and as we saw in Baku, if he's half-fit he walks into the team. I suspect he will start. Who does he make way for, Kovacic or Jorginho? I suspect it will be Jorginho.

Rudiger I don't think will start. He's been out much longer. Think Frank will tread with caution for that one.

Abraham will start up front. I'm convinced he's our best option and he will prove it over the course of the season.

Kepa, Dave, Emerson, Christensen, Zouma, Kovacic, Kante, Barkley, Tammy, Pulisic, Pedro.

I agree. The result though could be 2-1 or 2-2. Even 2-3. We can't defend. Couple of goals will go in our end. I feel Mount will score.

11 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

Almost certain that's the team.

Can't wait for this. Most of the expectation will be on Man Utd but there are still a lot of question marks over their players and manager. Hopefully Frank can channel the underdog spirit and work it to our advantage.

15 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

Think it will be Mason starting, all through pre season bar the Salzburg game Mount has played with the best Xl so it would be a bit of a curveball if Frank changes tact now.

Buzzing for this one, knowing we tend to step up when everyone else is writing us off, and Lampard will be driving that home.

Expectations are low apparently, a lot of folk happy if we can "steal" a draw. Personally don't see anything in that Man Utd side that our squad isn't capable of handling.

It's been a bright pre-season on the attacking front, our midfield's looking a lot more aggressive and direct than we set up under Sarri. We might not keep a clean sheet tomorrow while the new back four settle, but I fancy us well set up to out-score them.

Looking forward to the season opener, hoping for a big statement with an aggressive win.