Amputechture

Man Utd vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 11th Aug 16:30 GMT

I suspect given the injuries to key players that we might struggle, particularly on the counter. But to be really honest I've got no idea how it might go and honestly no expectations. I'm just curious and excited to see what happens. 

KTBFFH!

Edited by Spiller86

It's officially Match Day!

Given the pre-match news Friday and Luiz's departure Thursday, here is my updated guess at the XI.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Kepa - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - Dave - Christensen - Rudiger - Emerson - -

- - - - - - Kante - - - - - - - - Jorginho - - - - -

- - - Pulisic - - - - Barkley - - - - Pedro - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - Abraham - - - - - - - - - - -

Subs to come on Alonso, Kovacic, and Giroud

Come on you Chelsea!!

1 hour ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

It's officially Match Day!

Given the pre-match news Friday and Luiz's departure Thursday, here is my updated guess at the XI.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Kepa - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - Dave - Christensen - Rudiger - Emerson - -

- - - - - - Kante - - - - - - - - Jorginho - - - - -

- - - Pulisic - - - - Barkley - - - - Pedro - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - Abraham - - - - - - - - - - -

Subs to come on Alonso, Kovacic, and Giroud

Come on you Chelsea!!

Optimistic, but nice, c’mon the Chels 

Expected...

Kepa

-------

Emerson

Zouma

Christensen

Azpilicueta

-------

Jorginho

Kovacic 

-------

Pulisic

Barkley

Pedro

--------

Abraham

I don't have much hope in keeping a clean sheet with the defence of Zouma Christensen 'protected' by Jorginho and Kovacic.

I doubt Lampard will put Kante in but if he does, my optimism for a good result shoots up by about 60%.

1 hour ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Expected...

Kepa

-------

Emerson

Zouma

Christensen

Azpilicueta

-------

Jorginho

Kovacic 

-------

Pulisic

Barkley

Pedro

--------

Abraham

I don't have much hope in keeping a clean sheet with the defence of Zouma Christensen 'protected' by Jorginho and Kovacic.

I doubt Lampard will put Kante in but if he does, my optimism for a good result shoots up by about 60%.

I think Mount starts ahead of Ross.

3 hours ago, Argo said:

I think Mount starts ahead of Ross.

First game of the season, away to Man Utd. If he does it will be a big statement on his trust in Mount. 

I would prefer to go with Barkley, then put Mount on in the second half, only because with Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount, all three don't provide much physicality and it also means giving up height in set-peices. 

Would love to start with a win, but Man Utd away is tough, we havne't won there for a while, and we have a poor attack and dodgy defence. It's hard to see us keeping a clean sheet. Right now I'd take a draw.

I would expect the following lineup:

Kepa
Emerson
Christensen
Zouma
Azpilicueta
Jorginho
Kovacic
Pulisic
Barkley
Pedro
Abraham

9 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

First game of the season, away to Man Utd. If he does it will be a big statement on his trust in Mount. 

I would prefer to go with Barkley, then put Mount on in the second half, only because with Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount, all three don't provide much physicality and it also means giving up height in set-peices. 

Mason has been in the team with the first choice boys in all pre season games bar one and Barkley has been with the scratch side for the most part. 

It would be quite the 180 if Mount is benched after that, unless Frank was doing it on purpose to throw Ole.

To be honest last season was hard work to watch. Not being involved in any transfers over the summer has given me an opportunity to take somewhat of a break from football, which I have actually enjoyed. I was unsure how I'd feel coming into today's game. As it turns out... I'm f**king buzzing, and it has nothing to do with my breakfast whiskey.

United are huge favorites here, Chelsea thrive by being the underdogs so you never know if the boys can pick up a point or more away against them.

A loss here would not be the end of the world for us as we lack many first team players. A loss for United would absolutely embarass them.

So... my prediciton 2-0 Chelsea  ::ChELSeAFaN::

KTBFFH 

Nice sound bite on the BBC : "Chelsea are the only club to have won more Premier League matches against United than they have lost, with 18 victories and 15 defeats".

Here's the team to extend that to 19-15 :

4-1-2-1-2

Arrizabalaga

Azpiliceuta ; Christensen ; Zouma ; Emerson

Jorginho

Mount ; Kovacic

Barkley

Pulisic ; Abraham

Bench: Caballero ; Zappacosta ; Kante ; Willian ; Pedro ; Batshuayi ; Giroud

I like to think we have an upper hand on them because Lampard won there with Derby last term. Now he has better quality in his disposal. Ole and Utd have learned as well but I feel this might be a factor in the game.

Predicting a draw for this one. Looking forward to seeing how Frank structures the team on his first outing as our manager.

Great to be back for the new season.

Hey guys I have not been following the events that followed after Sarri's departure. Trying to catch up on everything had surgery and all so just getting back into footy now. 

Anyone kind enough to give a brief maybe 2-3 sentence summary on how things have progressed with Frank and the lads? How's the squad looking? Would appreciate it.