Argo

Our return to the market

On 13/10/2019 at 14:33, Deino said:

I agree. I mentioned De Ligt as a reference to the criteria of CB that we should approach. A world class in the making CB who is young but has the experience of top flight football.

I see Sancho going to us as almost the most natural thing for his next step should he leave Dortmund. He's already a Chelsea fan, English, knows how to play with CHO, Mount and Tammy.

The clubs I can see going for him are Barca, Bayern and Chelsea. I doubt he'd go back to Utd/Spurs because they're a shambles. Liverpool is set for at least 5 years. He left City so doubt he'd go back there. Real and Juve are set for the moment.

Bayern has Coman and Gnabry playing very well so doubt they'd wanna destabilize a good thing going, Barca needs to revamp the whole squad so I doubt they have the cash to go for a huge signing like Sancho.

If we get Chilwell because Alonso leaves then that's us set for at least 5 years with the LB situation.

We cant have both Chilwell and Emerson. Emerson is wanted by the biggest club in Italy, he's not going to sit on the bench and play backup.

On 14/10/2019 at 06:06, mwblue10 said:

I didn’t realize Sancho was a Chelsea fan, doesn’t hurt our chances that.  Though I think the only way we sign him is if it’s determined that Pulisic is not going to cut it.  Which I’m sure won’t be the case.

One name that that I would like to see us linked with is Kai Havertz from Leverkeusen.  Kid looks like the real deal.

Would be pretty unlucky for Pulisic though, Sancho was the one who ousted him from the starting XI at Dortmund. If it was to happen at Chelsea as well then thats a bit harsh, especially when he hasn't even been given a proper chance yet.

Kai Havertz seems like hes Bayern bound tbh, as is the usual trend when a talented German player comes onto the scene

On 14/10/2019 at 06:06, mwblue10 said:

I didn’t realize Sancho was a Chelsea fan, doesn’t hurt our chances that.  Though I think the only way we sign him is if it’s determined that Pulisic is not going to cut it.  Which I’m sure won’t be the case.

One name that that I would like to see us linked with is Kai Havertz from Leverkeusen.  Kid looks like the real deal.

I think we need 3 quality wingers going forward and a good squad option as 4th (that can be Willy until his legs go).

Lampard's system requires a lot of rotation.

On 14/10/2019 at 05:02, Deino said:

I like the look of Havertz but we're stacked at AM. I'd put good money on Bayern hoovering him up next transfer window

Agree on both of your points, but I think Havertz could play out on the right.

On 16/10/2019 at 07:23, mwblue10 said:

Agree on both of your points, but I think Havertz could play out on the right.

I see what you mean, he has the Thomas Muller feel about him. 

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:58, PlayDaYouf said:

Would be pretty unlucky for Pulisic though, Sancho was the one who ousted him from the starting XI at Dortmund. If it was to happen at Chelsea as well then thats a bit harsh, especially when he hasn't even been given a proper chance yet.

Kai Havertz seems like hes Bayern bound tbh, as is the usual trend when a talented German player comes onto the scene

Swap deal?

14 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

The way we are playing right now, and seeing the togetherness and camaraderie in the squad, I'd be perfectly fine if we didn't sign anybody at all ...

The 1st team can still be improved, not just options for the squad. Upfront we are fine even though I must admit I like the look of Halaand. A very good winger will instantly make us a dead very for a top 4 place going forward, and replace Willian. Middle of the pack we are OK in the short term, and I could possibly see Barkley being moved on for one of Connor Gallagher/Gilmour who are very close. Centre back is a tricky one; Rudiger seems a bit injury prone which is perfect for developing Tomori, and keeping Zouma/Christensen happy. However if a player like Skriniar/De Vrij became available, I would move someone on. 

5 minutes ago, ducavis said:

The 1st team can still be improved, not just options for the squad. Upfront we are fine even though I must admit I like the look of Halaand. A very good winger will instantly make us a dead very for a top 4 place going forward, and replace Willian. Middle of the pack we are OK in the short term, and I could possibly see Barkley being moved on for one of Connor Gallagher/Gilmour who are very close. Centre back is a tricky one; Rudiger seems a bit injury prone which is perfect for developing Tomori, and keeping Zouma/Christensen happy. However if a player like Skriniar/De Vrij became available, I would move someone on. 

I like Haaland, but if we can go in for Kai Havertz we definitely should. Out of our first team squad, there's quite a lot we can still change. Bring in Skriniar and sell Zouma. Rudiger is very injury prone so might be worth bringing in a Ake as backup which leaves us with Skriniar/Rudi/Ake/Tomori/Christensen at the back. 

22 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

The way we are playing right now, and seeing the togetherness and camaraderie in the squad, I'd be perfectly fine if we didn't sign anybody at all ...

No. We’re not Tottenham. If you’re not moving forward then the chasing pack are gaining on you. 

28 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

No. We’re not Tottenham. If you’re not moving forward then the chasing pack are gaining on you. 

You could have saved yourself the time and effort, and stopped typing after We're not Tottenham.

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

@mwblue10 remember Chukwueze that i mentioned a few months ago? Just did this..

This guy needs to be on our radar to replace Pedro/Willian. 

Needs to work on his finishing

13 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

@mwblue10 remember Chukwueze that i mentioned a few months ago? Just did this..

This guy needs to be on our radar to replace Pedro/Willian. 

I’m on board

This tweet from the appeal suggests that we won't be successful in overturning the ban:

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1189868651798765568/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1189868651798765568&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheshed.chelseafc.com%2Fchat%2Fposts%2Fthread.shtml%3F273391898

I suspect we won't be signing any players until next summer.

6 hours ago, forbzy said:

This tweet from the appeal suggests that we won't be successful in overturning the ban:

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1189868651798765568/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1189868651798765568&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheshed.chelseafc.com%2Fchat%2Fposts%2Fthread.shtml%3F273391898

I suspect we won't be signing any players until next summer.

Fine by me.

On 01/11/2019 at 20:30, rtwelch said:

We still need a cb, lb, winger & striker. Situation hasn’t changed in my eyes. 

Both a new rb and lb would be an equally good move. In this time, why not just buy both lb and rb, the full backs are a key position for most good teams out there.

CB - Rudi,Zouma,Tomori,Christensen,Guehi. Here a new CB would be an expensive one, an already strong player and in return we would sell most probably, imho Christensen. Otherwise no point to spend on another CB.

A winger is really a must, a striker well it depends. Abraham has the trust and is doing well so he shouldn't be touched, Michy has been coming on and contributing good...it all depends what Frankie thinks about that I guess.

6 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Read a report we are in for Moussa Sissoko, competing with United. Lyon don't want to sell until summer so it would add up irregardless of the ban being lifted. 

Ive never really rated him, although seems to be having a good season. 

I think haaland would be the ideal striker signing. 

7 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Read a report we are in for Moussa Sissoko, competing with United. Lyon don't want to sell until summer so it would add up irregardless of the ban being lifted. 

Moussa Dembele😉

10 hours ago, big blue said:

Ive never really rated him, although seems to be having a good season. 

I think haaland would be the ideal striker signing. 

Same here regarding Moussa Dembele. Red Bull apparently want £60m for Haaland, he has to be starting regularly for that price and at his age. Personally would leave things with Tammy & Batshuayi as things stand, look to add some quality from the wings & at LB.