Jump to content

Argo

Our return to the market

Recommended Posts


Milot Rashica a 23 yr old winger setting the Bundesliga on fire, and formerly of Vitesse might be worth a shout. 
He has has 19 goals & 8 assists for Werden Bremen in 48 appearances, this season he has 6 goals & 2 assists in 8 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion Ake is the player we need in defence, him, Tomori, Rudiger and Zouma offer 4 very good options with a variety of skills, plus Ake can also play left back to cover Emerson. We get him back i think we can sell Alonso and Christensen.

Pretty well sorted everywhere else, though Zaha would improve us, and if we get him and when RLC is back i'm not sure we need Barkley & Pedro anymore.

For me, that makes for an excellent young and improving team, any massive money marquee signings (like sancho) can upset the dynamic, we don't need a player that cost so much that he is an automatic starter no matter what form he is in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of potential striker, that Jovic who was smashing in goals for fun last year got no game time at Real, and I don't see it changing soon with the players they got and potential signing next season. That's the guy Real would let go, as long as they get their money back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

In my opinion Ake is the player we need in defence, him, Tomori, Rudiger and Zouma offer 4 very good options with a variety of skills, plus Ake can also play left back to cover Emerson. We get him back i think we can sell Alonso and Christensen.

Pretty well sorted everywhere else, though Zaha would improve us, and if we get him and when RLC is back i'm not sure we need Barkley & Pedro anymore.

For me, that makes for an excellent young and improving team, any massive money marquee signings (like sancho) can upset the dynamic, we don't need a player that cost so much that he is an automatic starter no matter what form he is in. 

Get rid: Alonso, Barkley, Pedro, Christensen, Zouma, Giroud, Bats, Willian

Bring in: Sancho, Romagnoli, Ake, Jovic

 

Do this just for our first team, and its already miles better than our current squad overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stim said:

Very reasonable and realistic thank you for your suggestions

Pretty reasonable if you ask me, schmuck.

Giroud and Pedro are pretty much already on their way out in january. Alonso, Barkley are sub par and should leave and I can see them barely getting a look in once our injury problems are solved.

Sancho and Ake deals looking more and more likely to go through, and if they do it makes Christensen and Willian's chances of staying much slimmer.

If we do bring in Jovic (who seems unhappy at Madrid) then that affectively ends Bats' chances of playing for us, and us bringing in a top class CB like Romagnoli means Zouma won't really get a shout when Rudiger/Ake/Tomori and probably all ahead of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Pretty reasonable if you ask me, schmuck.

Giroud and Pedro are pretty much already on their way out in january. Alonso, Barkley are sub par and should leave and I can see them barely getting a look in once our injury problems are solved.

Sancho and Ake deals looking more and more likely to go through, and if they do it makes Christensen and Willian's chances of staying much slimmer.

If we do bring in Jovic (who seems unhappy at Madrid) then that affectively ends Bats' chances of playing for us, and us bringing in a top class CB like Romagnoli means Zouma won't really get a shout when Rudiger/Ake/Tomori and probably all ahead of him.

Yes all very reasonable. Assuming that the transfer ban will be lifted come January.

Assuming that Jovic's perceived unhappiness isn't the familiar agent's ploy.

Assuming that if Real were to release Jovic that he would choose to come to us.

Assuming that we are able to attract "a top class CB like Romagnoli"

Assuming that Zouma doesn't continue to improve and/or that Frank actually wants to let him go.

Massive assumptions re Ake.and Sancho

And so on..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2019 at 11:27, icecoolguy22 said:

Speaking of potential striker, that Jovic who was smashing in goals for fun last year got no game time at Real, and I don't see it changing soon with the players they got and potential signing next season. That's the guy Real would let go, as long as they get their money back

I really liked the look of Jovic. Wonder what's gone wrong there. He seemed a fantastic young striker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I'd say a couple of buys would be enough.

Ake to cover LB, CB and DM.

And a Richarlison type who can play both wide and centrally to replace the (likely) outgoing pair of Pedro and Giroud. 

Everything else can wait till the summer. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Norwich are relegated, Pukki might be a decent shout.  Would be a solid backup and not too old yet - turns 30 in March.  Not really a January option though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 11:11, GhostOfDembaBa said:

I really liked the look of Jovic. Wonder what's gone wrong there. He seemed a fantastic young striker. 

I was trying to think of that kids name, also Piatek of AC milan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 07:03, Deino said:

Mbappe. Just to cement our return to the CL

I find it hard to imagine that he would want to come to England, Real Madrid will probably sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I find it hard to imagine that he would want to come to England, Real Madrid will probably sign him.

I don't think it's hard to imagine. France and England are so close to each other, it makes travelling to and from the country easy. It's probably why so many French players end up in the Premier League.

I do agree with you in thinking he will go to Real Madrid though. He looks like a Real Madrid player, especially when it comes to his ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think it's hard to imagine. France and England are so close to each other, it makes travelling to and from the country easy. It's probably why so many French players end up in the Premier League.

I do agree with you in thinking he will go to Real Madrid though. He looks like a Real Madrid player, especially when it comes to his ego.

I wonder if a big profile like Marco Reus would be willing to join us...talking about star players from other teams. He can play like Tammy and like Mount, maybe even go wide if needed, and hes just amazing overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I wonder if a big profile like Marco Reus would be willing to join us...talking about star players from other teams. He can play like Tammy and like Mount, maybe even go wide if needed, and hes just amazing overall.

Good player but isn’t he like 30 or 31?  And injury prone.  4 or 5 years ago he would have been a hell of a signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Good player but isn’t he like 30 or 31?  And injury prone.  4 or 5 years ago he would have been a hell of a signing.

Well it's true he's 30 so that isn't exactly the policy...good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot of noise around Sancho to Chelsea and I can see that happening in the summer especially if Pedro and Willian both were to leave at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

There is a lot of noise around Sancho to Chelsea and I can see that happening in the summer especially if Pedro and Willian both were to leave at the end of the season.

He'll probably cost three times what he's worth. Maybe more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

There is a lot of noise around Sancho to Chelsea and I can see that happening in the summer especially if Pedro and Willian both were to leave at the end of the season.

I hope they both do leave if that means we can sign Sancho, what a player he is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

He'll probably cost three times what he's worth. Maybe more. 

I dont think he will, I believe the estimated prices given his contract nearly being up is something around 90m.. Its crazy money but in this day and age for someone as young as he is? Its not a bad amount to spend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...