Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He'll go on another loan next year in the prem i suspect.   I can see a scenario with him where he gets sold for 10-15m for example, and theres a buyback.  Ake style deal.

I still think he is some way off Chelsea standard,. It's very easy to overhype youngsters when they perform well in the Championship, and its also risky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

  • 10 months later...
36 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

Why we need to spend £60 -£70 million on Rice when we already have this guy.

much more mobile than Rice, not afraid to get stuck in and capable of finding a pass forward.

Showed up well today against the Liverpool midfield . 

I think he'd be more likely to take the Kovacic role. Rice is a proper DM who can also play in the centre of defence. For me its Jorginho and Kovacic out along with Barkley and bring in Conor with Declan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/12/2020 at 19:09, charierre said:

I think he'd be more likely to take the Kovacic role. Rice is a proper DM who can also play in the centre of defence. For me its Jorginho and Kovacic out along with Barkley and bring in Conor with Declan.

If he's a DM then how is he taking the Kovacic role? Or are you suggesting that Gallagher is on Kovacic's level or higher? Because that's even more delusional. 

Edited by Slojo
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Slojo said:

If he's a DM then how is he taking the Kovacic role? Or are you suggesting that Gallagher is on Kovacic's level or higher? Because that's even more delusional. 

I know you like Kovacic which is fair enough. Conor is more of an 8 than DM. If Gallagher is to come into the squad and theoretically Rice it has to be at the expense of two existing players. Jorginho just doesn’t cut it at DM and signing Rice would fill a hole in the squad for many years. The problem then exists is Gallagher good enough and how much will he improve? We already know Kovacic ceiling, he gives precious little going forward and unlikely to in the future so unfortunately he is a candidate to lose his squad position. Mount is the energy and most adaptable.Gilmore is young and on the rise, Kante is still producing. Kai we spent a fortune on. So next year it’s either another loan for Gallagher, no Rice or Kovacic or Kante sold to make room. We could of course just sell Gallagher but still have problem of an underproducing midfield.

 

 

 

Edited by charierre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, charierre said:

I know you like Kovacic which is fair enough. Conor is more of an 8 than DM. If Gallagher is to come into the squad and theoretically Rice it has to be at the expense of two existing players. Jorginho just doesn’t cut it at DM and signing Rice would fill a hole in the squad for many years. The problem then exists is Gallagher good enough and how much will he improve? We already know Kovacic ceiling, he gives precious little going forward and unlikely to in the future so unfortunately he is a candidate to lose his squad position. Mount is the energy and most adaptable.Gilmore is young and on the rise, Kante is still producing. Kai we spent a fortune on. So next year it’s either another loan for Gallagher, no Rice or Kovacic or Kante sold to make room. We could of course just sell Gallagher but still have problem of an underproducing midfield.

 

 

 

You're acting like Kovacic is 30 years old. I know you weren't a fan of him in his first season, but he's improved and was one of our best players last season. I'll even admit he's been pretty meh this one though. Still, he's a good player, even at squad level. Gallagher isn't there yet for me but he does look promising. But to say Gallagher can replace Kova now? No chance. I've seen a few games where Gallagher looks way out of his depth, which is understandable for such a young player. 

Kova is 26, why does he need to leave exactly? He's a good squad player, I don't get why he's so hated by people who didn't rate him in his first season. He's versatile, works hard, and offers a good balance. Jorginho I can understand, he's become a liability. I think we do need better attackers in, but I don't think we need to ship off handy squad players because of that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Slojo said:

You're acting like Kovacic is 30 years old. I know you weren't a fan of him in his first season, but he's improved and was one of our best players last season. I'll even admit he's been pretty meh this one though. Still, he's a good player, even at squad level. Gallagher isn't there yet for me but he does look promising. But to say Gallagher can replace Kova now? No chance. I've seen a few games where Gallagher looks way out of his depth, which is understandable for such a young player. 

Kova is 26, why does he need to leave exactly? He's a good squad player, I don't get why he's so hated by people who didn't rate him in his first season. He's versatile, works hard, and offers a good balance. Jorginho I can understand, he's become a liability. I think we do need better attackers in, but I don't think we need to ship off handy squad players because of that. 

It’s all theoretical. When we make the decision on Gallagher someone will have to go if he is to be given a squad place. We will have too many midfielders, Rice is a no brainier if we can get him,IF being the operative word, he will cost a lot! So two would have to go. It could be we sell Gallagher or allow him a further 12 months to develop on loan. I would though suggest that needing to free funds up Jorginho and Kovacic are the most likely to move on,as both seem to be peripheral to the boss’s plans at present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, charierre said:

It’s all theoretical. When we make the decision on Gallagher someone will have to go if he is to be given a squad place. We will have too many midfielders, Rice is a no brainier if we can get him,IF being the operative word, he will cost a lot! So two would have to go. It could be we sell Gallagher or allow him a further 12 months to develop on loan. I would though suggest that needing to free funds up Jorginho and Kovacic are the most likely to move on,as both seem to be peripheral to the boss’s plans at present.

Jorginho yeah but Kova is still a reliable squad player. I think Frank likes him he just doesn't think he's a key player. 

He turns up when needed he just doesn't produce the goods that we really need. We need an attacking threat big time and Kova doesn't do that, he's too passive, he doesn't take the risks. Havertz was supposed to be that filler but he isn't cutting it at the moment. Gallagher is going to need another spell I think, he's not there yet. I think we can keep Kovacic/Kante/Rice/Mount/Havertz in the same midfield no problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have watched a few WBA games this season. I have been very impressed with Conor each time. Great to see him starting most games too. I know some would like to see Conor have another loan but I would rather see him back here next season. Probably at the expense of Jorginho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 8 months later...

I watched a few games last season at WBA, and whilst Gallagher looked good, i never really felt he was going to make it at Chelsea, then i saw him in preseason, and it seemed pretty obvious he needed another loan. 

Ive watched 2 and half of his 3 games for Palace, and my god, this kid looks incredible. 

If he carries this form for a season, he will force himself into Tuchel's plans, no question. Id be surprised if he doesnt get his 1st England call up this season.

I think i might have got this one wrong, he looks like the real deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, big blue said:

I watched a few games last season at WBA, and whilst Gallagher looked good, i never really felt he was going to make it at Chelsea, then i saw him in preseason, and it seemed pretty obvious he needed another loan. 

Ive watched 2 and half of his 3 games for Palace, and my god, this kid looks incredible. 

If he carries this form for a season, he will force himself into Tuchel's plans, no question. Id be surprised if he doesnt get his 1st England call up this season.

I think i might have got this one wrong, he looks like the real deal.

Same. I thought he was a bit overhyped but he has continued to improve into the stratosphere. He legimitately looks a class above far more experienced players at Palace.

What's really changed so far is his attacking game. I think at youth level we saw him as a tenancious midfielder that could pick a pass and take a shot, but watching him this season he looks a proper goal-threat from midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Same. I thought he was a bit overhyped but he has continued to improve into the stratosphere. He legimitately looks a class above far more experienced players at Palace.

What's really changed so far is his attacking game. I think at youth level we saw him as a tenancious midfielder that could pick a pass and take a shot, but watching him this season he looks a proper goal-threat from midfield. 

Hope is he and Gilmour really develop and we can replace Kante and Jorginho from with in. Huge order as both are top top class at what they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Has won a penalty to put Palace ahead against potential league leaders Brighton (who are his temporary team's for some reason hated rivals even though nobody could possibly hate Crystal Palace as much as a Charlton Athletic fan).

Edit: The American pundits have agreed that Grah-am Potter's solution is to bring on fellow Chelsea youngster Tariq Lamptey.

Edited by PloKoon13
Link to comment
Share on other sites


He looks really good - dare I say it, with more end product than either Mount or Gilmour right now. 

He is a very attacking midfielder who is always in the box playing as a second striker. Tactically, I wonder how many top teams would be able to accomodate a player like that - we've seen similar players like Shinji Kagawa fail at a top team for that reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually think he fills the role of what we are missing at the moment with Mount out injured, that perfect link player between the deep midfield and the forward line, could definitely see him doing very well in the Kovacic role or even a similar position to mount as the link player. Also he's doing bits in my FPL team so i love him even more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RMCM said:

I actually think he fills the role of what we are missing at the moment with Mount out injured, that perfect link player between the deep midfield and the forward line, could definitely see him doing very well in the Kovacic role or even a similar position to mount as the link player. Also he's doing bits in my FPL team so i love him even more

Yes, he looks to have Mount's energy and dynamism, so will be a fantastic midfield option for us next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conor is exactly what we are missing in the team and I think next season could be his real chance to come in and make an impact. I was really unhappy when I saw him go out on loan but looking at it now it was probably the best thing for him to get another season of Premier league experience under his belt. Backing him for an England call up in the new year 👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!